Mending Fences of Time's Destruction

Surprise

Rayne's POV

This had to be the best birthday party of my life.

Tantric was insane, packed wall to wall with my friends and everyone who was anyone in the business. Because of who my father was, I had become accustomed to rubbing shoulders with rock stars and celebrities, though I had to withhold giggles of excitement when I saw Dave Nevarro walk through the door.

I was standing with Uncle Tommy and Uncle Mick when Vanessa came up to me and grabbed my hand, grinning as she pulled me away to one of the alcoves upstairs.

"Ness, what-"

"Seth's meeting us up here." She said with a smirk, sitting down gracefully on the couch resting against the wall and taking a small sip of her Cosmopolitan Martini.

How she drank those things, I would never know.

"Vanessa, I can't." I sighed and she raised an eyebrow.

"Sure you can. Just sit down, grab the shit and-"

"My father is downstairs, woman." I hissed, taking a step forward. "What do you think he'll do if he finds-"

She rolled her eyes and interrupted. "He won't-"

"Rayne?"

I turned to see Uncle Tommy come around the corner and I smiled.

He returned it and reached out for my hand. "I thought I saw you come up here. Your dad wants you."

I turned around and gave my best friend a warning look, and she rolled her eyes before puckering her lips in a kiss and mouthing the words "Meet here later".

I rolled my eyes back to her before following my uncle down the stairs, still holding his hand as he pulled me through the crowd and into another alcove on the bottom floor, one which was hidden in the corner by a black drape hanging in the doorway.

"What’s my dad doing in there?" I asked curiously and Tommy grinned devilishly before pulling me in front of him and placing his hands over my eyes.

I laughed and tried to pull his hands away before giving up and letting him guide me closer to the room, holding his wrists. And then we stopped.

"Nikki fucking Sixx, get your birthday girl." He screamed, practically into my ear and I flinched.

"Jesus, Uncle Tommy, make me deaf-"

I heard a curtain being pulled aside and then I was being forced forward again, into a place where the music was somewhat quieter. I heard whispers, murmurs, and a few chuckles and frowned.

"What's going on, you two?" I asked suspiciously and felt someone touch my shoulder.

"Ready for a surprise, baby?" My dad asked and I nodded behind Tommy's hands.

"Okay…"

Someone counted to three and as soon as the hands were removed I popped my eyes open and abruptly gasped, my eyes widening at the sight in front of me.

The boys of Avenged Sevenfold were sitting right in front of me on the bench along the wall, and each of them were grinning at me. And boy oh boy, did they all look good. Especially the one with the longer hair…

"Surprise?"

I turned to see Tommy and my dad grinning at me from ear to ear, looking rather goofy and I stared at them before turning back to smile at the boys.

"So how did these two idiots convince you to come to my party?"