Status: Welcome!

Ruthless and Mockingbird

And What of the Cube?

On a seemingly barren moon, in the far reach of the Solar System, around the planet known to us as Saturn, sat a throne. Upon the throne was a giant man clad in blue and gold, his malevolent red eyes standing out against his purple skin. His mouth was set in an impatient frown as he awaited his informant's return.

The tall golden doors at the end of the throne room opened slowly to reveal a Phalanx mercenary. From head to toe, he was black as pitch and on his right arm where a hand should
be was instead the head of a large battle ax.

"I come with news of Earth, Masterlord," said the newcomer as he kneeled at his ruler's feet.

"What is it you have discovered? What has become of this God of Mischief?" The leader's voice boomed throughout the hall.

"The Asgardian's attempt to usurp the Earth has failed, Masterlord. His army of Chitauri was destroyed by a team of heroes who call themselves The Avengers. His brother, Thor Odinson, took him back to Asgard in chains."

"And what of the Cube?"

"The Tesseract has not been seen. It can be assumed that these human warriors are keeping it hidden."

The man on the throne clinched his fist, "Then we will make haste in our travel to their planet and take it from them. The heavens will run red with their blood. But in the end, as always, THANOS will stand triumphant."

**

The demigod stood with his hands resting on the bannister of the balcony overlooking Asgard. His long blonde locks danced in the breeze, as he creased his brow in thought. The war with the Chitauri had been a short one, but stressful all the same. The Asgardian had hoped that his next time back to Earth would be a bit more relaxing, however his brother Loki seemed determined to make his life difficult with every passing day.

Although Loki was locked away now, awaiting his trial, Thor still had an aching feeling that something worse was about to happen to his beloved Midgard. The fact that the Tesseract was in his possession here on Asgard did little to soothe his worries; though as his mind wandered to the beautiful astrophysicist that had caught his eye the first time he visited Earth, his apprehension gave way to wistful melancholy.

Thor turned from the balcony, deciding that if anyone could tell him what was happening in the Universe, it was Heimdall. Hopefully his worries are for nothing.