Status: in progress XP

1st Year

Wake Up.

"It's too cold to be outside at all." I mumbled to myself as I laced up my shoes. Today was going to be my first day at Hogwarts. Yay me.. This was going to be a long year.. I was grateful I already had friends in the school though.

Strangely enough I didn't have those 'First Day of School' jitters like other kids, I'm pretty confident actually. I've been told I know a lot about magic for a witch my age. Truthfully, I had been dreading this day ever since I learned that I had to go to Hogwarts. The whole idea of it made me extremely nervous. The people that were going there, and the way their school was set up. I already knew what house that Hat would put me in.

A bright side of this was that I had already made friends with others that go to that school. Cedric Diggory was a friend of mine since I was six and a half years old. He had saved me when I was lost one time. My other friends were the children of the Weasley family. Draco would be counted as my friend as well if he didn't act differently around other people. He was no longer the boy I knew when we were in front of people, especially his father.

The friends of mine I was most excited to see were the Weasely twins. I had had a crush on George since I first met him(when I was 8), and Fred was just like a brother to me as well. We had been the Three Mischievous Muskateers when I fell off my broomstick in their fields, and ended up staying with them for over a year. They were sad to see me go, but I needed to go back with my grandmother before looking for me. That woman would leave one heck of a path of destruction.

I had a feeling this year would be one of the worst of my entire time at Hogwarts, being the younger witches and wizards there. And I wouldn't be respected because of my family name, because no one hardly knew what it was. I was very grateful for that.

All of the sudden there was a loud crash from downstairs, signaling that my grandwretched had woken up and was probably looking for me..

"SERENA!!!" She screeched up the stairs, making me cringe at the sound.

Quickly I grabbed my wand from underneath my pillow and magically barricaded the door. I had to find my suit case and snake, then I could run out of this hell hole to get to Platform 9 3/4.
♠ ♠ ♠
the chapters will probably be fairly short, but I'll update them frequently(: