Mitsuagi Byakko: Kunoichi of Legend

Preparation

Byakko trained fiercely alongside her fellow teammates Tsuina Soa and Hibiki Moroko. They each threw weapon after weapon swiftly at each other's vital points and released numerous ninjutsu to keep each other at a distance. Byakko closed in on Soa landing a hard punch across his jaw. He stumbled back leaving his body vulnerable to further damage. Moroko grabbed Byakko's arm, spinning around and launched her at Soa landing a blow right to his chest. The sound of ribs cracking under her weight rang throughout the field. Blood spattered on the ground from Soa's mouth. He wheezed from a shortness of breath.

"C'mon, Soa," Byakko began, "if you want to be of the chosen genin to raid Konoha you have to be stronger than that!"

Moroko pulled his partner from the ground and aided him in getting him to the hospital. "Byakko, you went against the plan. You were to kick him, not headbutt his chest. You could've killed him."

She shrugged. She was bound and determined to be on that task force to raid Konoha. The Akatsuki members the Iwa leaders sent out to spy brought back information of an elite task force that is to shut down the Kannabi Bridge between Iwa and Kusa. If they succeed in shutting down that bridge we'll surely fail in coming anywhere near close to winning this war. She looked to her sensei who merely stared back at her, hopefully in approval she thought to herself. Her sensei didn't show much emotion and when he did he normally was harsh and chaste. She turned away and took off home, no need in telling him where she was going, she knew he didn't care.

Byakko stepped up to her front door, opening it to a rather large living room area with an overstuffed sofa and chair with a smooth, dark colored table in the middle. She walked into the connecting kitchen where her mother was making supper over the wood stove.

"How was training today, dear?" Her mother kept her back to her even as she spoke her reply.

"Well, Soa cracked a rib or two. Moroko had a plan devised but I knew he wouldn't fall for it and would block my kick so instead I headbutted him in the chest when Moroko launched me. He's at the hospital now, but Moroko is pretty pissed. It's so stupid. I want to go to Konoha next month when we raid the village, but I don't feel they're ready. They'll get us all killed."

Byakko's mother, Hitoshi, turned from the food she was cooking for supper that night and looked her sternly in the eyes. "It doesn't matter what Moroko thinks, if you knew something better would work then go for it. Going against orders isn't always advised, but by god if it's going to save your butt then don't hesitate."

Byakko could only smile. She has her mother's spirit and wit. Only she understands her fully. Her younger siblings, Aki and Abune, are more like their father, although Abune isn't much to talk about. Aki excels entirely in weaponry to the point she has made and mastered so many weapons she summons them with scrolls. Massive weapons are piled in the backyard and the surrounding buildings on their property. She may only be twelve, but she's way better than Byakko at using summoning scrolls. Abune, on the other hand, sucks at most everything. He's quick on his feet and a good shot but that's about as far as he goes. He hasn't died yet because no one dares challenge him. Sure he's only seven, but Iwa ninja start training at three. Ones that want to live, at least. Nearly five years and he barely knows any ninjutsus. Byakko frowned at the thought.

"What's troubling you, Byakko?" her father asked over top his scrolls. He studied each scroll closely to ensure perfection when he executed them for examples during training.

"Next month."

He nodded. "You're really wanting to go, huh?"

"Kinda, but I'm worried we'll fail. No one is meeting expectation but they're still going on with the plan. I'm not a genin anymore so I won't be in the front lines, but I'm certain we'll lose at least half of our ninja."

"If they die then it's only their fault. We just have to make sure no one gets to us first."

"Pheh, like that'll ever happen."

Her father chuckled and ruffled her hair. "That's my girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
The beginning of my Naruto O.C. story. I'll be writing the next few chapters immediately but please leave feedback. The next few chapters will be a little bit longer and a bit more interesting, I don't want to reveal too much for one big chapter.