Mitsuagi Byakko: Kunoichi of Legend

Invasion Of The Young Leaf Ninja

Byakko nearly held her breath as she concealed herself within the trees above the unknowing Leaf ninja. Her fellow genin and pupils discreetly whistled back and forth each of their count of the ninja below. So far she's counted thirty, only four were below her. This camp seemed rather small and feeble. She hoped she miscalculated about the genin, but he wasn't about to get her hopes up. She heard another bird-like whistle signaling the ready.

Three...Two...One

Ninja exploded from the trees, bushes, and surrounding areas into the leaf camp. The clanging of metal against metal rang continuously over the battlefield, blood began coating the ground and whoever was near it. She observed the camp and counted casualties. Slowly, ever so slowly her numbers increased. She began to get infuriated. She began counting leaf casualties, but couldn't figure out the numbers. She swiftly scanned the camp but kept coming up short. Where are the other four. She launched herself off the tree branch looking for the escaped four. Angry with herself that she missed it, she pulled the images of their faces to the front of her mind. Two are unmistakable. The oldest was tall and blond, his spiky hair the first thing she remembered. Piercing blue eyes. Another with odd, silver hair. One with spiky black hair and strange, orange goggles, the girl with purple markings on her face and a repulsive haircut, brown. She couldn't decide what was worse, her hair, or her makeshift maid/nurse get-up she wore. She must not be a big asset to the team, but she didn't dwell on the thought too long, she has to find them.

She leaped from limb to limb, her left sleeve flapping in the wind pressing against her, searching for the blond or the silver hair but there was no sign of them. She abandoned the task and headed straight for base camp. Something needed to be done about this and she needed more than just her to do it. Sure she could use clones, but if anything happens to them then she's crap out of luck because if she's close enough to summon mud clones then she's close enough to be hit. She might be an excellent ninja, but she's only fifteen, taking them on by herself would be suicide.

Once inside the camp she went straight for the Tsuchikage's quarters. Earth ninja didn't use tents like other ninja, it took mere seconds for those gifted with earth shifting to make bunks underground, easy peasy. She located base, burst in, and began belting out orders. "I need Kakko, Mahiru, and Taiseki stat! Tell them to meet me in the forest outside Kannabi. I have belief there are four leaf ninja headed for the bridge and we need to shut them down!" She turned tail and made a bee line to the bridge. She was not about to let those ninja get to it first.

Shortly after Byakko arrived at the bridge Kakko, Mahiru, and Taiseki appeared before her.

"There are four enemy ninja headed for this bridge now, we need to stop them and keep them from cutting off our supply from Kusagakure. Mahiru, you scout them out and report back to us your findings. Kakko and Taiseki will wait near the bridge for their arrival."

They nodded and disappeared. Byakko remained stationary in the tree limb to observe her comrade's battle tactics.

Suddenly clones of Mahiru appeared throughout the trees. He's not doing such a good job of concealing themselves. She grunted her disapproval. A sudden flash of light caught her eye. The silver haired one was glowing. No, it was his hand. Lightning encased his hand causing an uproar of noise. He took off in a flash toward Mahiru when an arsenal of kunai were lobbed from the trees. She continued to watch the young boy. He sliced through Mahiru's clones like they were sheets of paper. He began nearing another clone. She grinned. He had this one taken care of. She's watched him train endlessly and knew he was about to make the boy chopped liver with his sword. Closer, ever so closer. Suddenly a flash of yellow and white zipped to the boy pulling him from the deadly slash of Mahiru's sword. Byakko's face twisted in anger. She took off before they noticed her.

*Mahiru's P.O.V.*
I remained in the crevice of the large tree, almost safe from battle. That stupid Yellow Flash. Why didn't she warn us it was him? Stupid chuunin.

Suddenly I felt eyes on me. Those piercing blue eyes, then they were gone. Cold metal touched the skin beneath my chin, and I knew I had failed.

***

Byakko located Kakko and Taiseki shortly after leaving Mahiru's soon-to-be-dead body behind. Luckily they didn't see Minato, The Yellow Flash, so they won't back out of this. She knew who he was, and though Iwa ninja are trained to run when he's spotted, she's no coward. Every ninja has a weakness and she's not going to back down that easily. Iwa needs Kusagakure. Sure they don't need Iwa invading them, but Iwa needs supplies. Tough crap. Byakko appeared on a mushroom concealing the crevice in the tree.

"I'm just making sure we're clear on the task at hand," Byakko stated.

"Grab the girl and use her to get information, right? Simple." Kakko answered.

"Correct. Get as much information from her as possible." She stood and turned to take off. "Oh, and another thing, boys," she paused. "Don't die." She disappeared in the trees yet again.

"Humph, yeah right. Be killed by a bunch of brats? Whatever. And how come she's not helping us capture and kill these people anyway?" Taiseki asked.

"She's only a chuunin and she's training to become Tsuchikage so she can't be in any real danger," Kakko replied.

"Have you seen the kid fight? She's as good as both of us."

"But she's an asset we can't afford to lose. If something happens to Lord Onoki she is to be his successor."

Taiseki groaned. He couldn't argue.

The two took turns keeping watch over night for the team in case they decided a sneak attack. Surely they were too smart for a night attack. So cliche. They didn't. The next morning Kakko spotted the three kids walking across the water.

"Mahiru still hasn't returned from scouting. He couldn't have been beaten by those brats." Kakko continued watching the three travel along unknowing.

Taiseki positioned his middle and index finger below his bottom lip and began to fade away, "I'll go ask."

Kakko launched bamboo stalks at the kids and suddenly the black haired boy incinerated them with a giant fireball. Didn't matter, Taiseki was already behind the girl before she knew what was happening. Kakko dove from his hiding spot, bouncing around to stall for Taiseki further grabbing the boy's, and girl's, attention. He last landed on a rock behind Taiseki, who had the girl unconscious in his arm.

"We'll look after this one," Taiseki stated with slight sarcasm.

The boys gave a horrified look then they were encased in smoke. Gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you must, you can read along with the manga. This part of the story coincides with the Gaiden part of Naruto. Chapter 239 is where it begins.

I hope you guys enjoy the story!