Mitsuagi Byakko: Kunoichi of Legend

Hidden Mist Occupation: Failed

Byakko stood in the bay window of a small room when the door opened behind her. "Gato, how nice to finally see you again."

"Hmph, I'm certain."

"How is your occupation of The Mist going? It better be good."

"You'd be pleased. The citizens are hopeless and none even try for freedom. With Zabuza around it's pretty easy to keep them in check. There is one big of activity going on, but I don't see it posing a huge issue."

"Don't waste my time, what is it?"

"They're building a bridge. My spies overheard it's for an act of courage, but I don't see why they'd waste their time. They know they're going to die."

"Why are you waiting then, you idiot! Taking over the Land of Mists is the first step of taking over the world. Once I take them over I can brainwash them into building my utopia."

Gato bowed forward and placed a hand over his stomach. "Yes, ma'am. I'll send Zabuza immediately." The door closed and the room resumed its silence.

It's been thirteen years since her village was invaded by those blasted Leaf ninja. She and her siblings lived along with about thirty other villagers. The Tsuchikage was hanging on nicely, but her brother, Abune, was barely there when they found him, sliced to a pulp. It took five months recovery in the hospital and two additional years of rehab for him to finally be able get around again.

Hatake Kakashi: The Copy Cat Ninja. He succeeded in taking out nearly a quarter of our elite shinobi and barely came out with a scratch. The heartless fiend. "I swear I'll kill you personally."

***

Byakko stood on the high rise at the end of the bridge currently being constructed by the feeble citizens of the Wave village. She watched the scene below as the shinobi to the left were being stuck with Haku's water needles and Zabuza kept Kakashi at arms lengths succeeding in talking his leg off. She glared at Kakashi with hopes that he would spontaneously combust. She hated every fiber of his being and will see to his death. He is the reason her village was nearly destroyed. He kept her team from getting the information they needed to aid themselves in the war and they shut down that bridge. The Kannabi Bridge was their lifeline to even survive the war and it was shut down. Suddenly there was a cloud of smoke that appeared between the two battles. A ninja with blond hair and an orange jumpsuit appeared from the dissipating smoke.

"Now that I'm here everything will be fine! The main character of a story usually shows up in these types of situations and instantly kicks the enemy's butt!"

Byakko couldn't help but groan. "Seriously? What a doof..." She crossed her arms and observed the little twat.

Zabuza chucked shuriken at the boy but they were deflected by Haku's water needles. Byakko perked an eyebrow at the gesture.

"Let me fight these kids, Zabuza. Please let me fight them my way."

Zabuza grunted a reply. "So you want no interference. You're as soft as always, Haku."

The obnoxious blond ninja poofed himself inside Haku's ice mirrors. What a genius. Byakko was beginning to think if he kept making her roll her eyes like she is that they would get stuck in a cycle. Marvelous. She watched the mirrors as Haku dashed to each mirror at the speed of light throwing needles all over the place when suddenly the enclosure exploded in a giant fireball. She grinned. Haku's mirrors are way too advanced for such a simple-minded jutsu. The mirrors weren't fazed a bit. Haku comes from an advanced bloodline and cannot be defeated with the inexperience the children face.

Haku continued leaping to and fro throwing more needles and sticking the boys. The annoying blond decided to try his Kage Bunshin causing the area to fill up with replicas of himself. He was attempting to catch Haku by being in more than one place at a time, but it still didn't work. She could barely see the activity going on inside the enclosure of the ice mirrors because they weren't connected, but she couldn't hear as well as the open area next to it. She wouldn't be surprised if Haku was laughing at them for being so weak. The clones disappeared in puffs of smoke. The activity inside died rather quickly after that. No one moved much so she couldn't clearly tell what was going on.

Something caught her eye to the right. Zabuza finally decided to fight. Kakashi began to move when Zabuza stabbed him in the palm with a kunai. He pulled loose of the kunai and shifted his headband above his eye revealing his gifted Sharingan eye.

"I've already seen through the trivial system of that eye. In the previous fight, I wasn't just getting beat like an idiot. I had Haku hiding in the background examining every aspect. Haku is also bright. By seeing a technique once, he can usually come up with a way to defeat it." Zabuza placed his hands together. "Hidden mist jutsu."

The two became shrouded by mist. She sneered at the inability to see Kakashi's despair. She could hear the clank of metal against metal and muffled conversation. She bared her teeth wishing she could see what was happening until Kakashi burst through the mist and jumped in front of the pink haired girl in time to be slashed by Zabuza's demon sword. He's bleeding, but not enough. Zabuza returned to the mist and Kakashi followed suit. More muffled conversation. This was really starting to tick her off.

Her heart nearly stopped when she saw a red explosion and murderous screaming erupting from the ice mirrors. The chakra she felt radiating from the blond kept the oxygen from reaching her lungs. She dug her nails in her sides to snap her back and get her body functioning again when Haku burst through a mirror and the shards of ice fell around his body. Byakko gaped at the spectacle before her eyes. What set this off? She quickly glanced back over to where the ice mirrors melted to the ground. The other boy lay on the ground motionless. The blond reacts similar to herself when tragedy strikes.

A boom sounded from Zabuza's mist drawing her eyes to the sound. Debris flew from the shroud, then it faded ever so slightly, just enough to see figures. Zabuza was being held down by Kakashi's dogs. Shortly after, the mist disappeared completely. She could barely see Kakashi take off for the kill when Haku appeared in the middle. Kakashi's arm was already through the boy's heart before he realized what happened. Haku created more mirrors and used them to jump in front of Kakashi. He grabbed the boy before Zabuza could tear through them both with his massive sword. He lay the boy on the bridge.

"Naruto, stay back. This is my fight." Kakashi stared his opponent down.

The girl began squealing her excitement of the boy being alive. Naruto...she made certain she would never forget this boy's name. She saw Zabuza take off toward Kakashi and Haku just to be kicked in the stomach. Strike after strike he missed until Kakashi broke both of his arms. Gato appeared at the end of the bridge with a montage of mediocre-looking warriors. They all wielded mass amounts of weapons small and large. Their bantering back and forth about killing each other was beginning to get annoying when Gato found Haku's lifeless body on the ground and kicked his face. Naruto exploded when Kakashi held him back.

"Say something! Weren't you two friends!?"

Zabuza remained stationary. "Shut up, kid. Haku is already dead."

"Don't you feel anything at all? Weren't you two always together?"

"As I was used by Gato, I used Haku. That's all it was. I've already said it, in the world of shinobi there are only those who use, and those who are used. We shinobi are simply tools. What I wanted was his blood, not him. I have no regrets."

"You really mean that?"

Kakashi interrupted their moment. "Hey, c'mon. He's not our enemy anymore."

"Shut up! He's my enemy still!" Naruto's arm shot out to point at Haku. "He really loved you! He loved you that much! Do you really feel nothing?" His voice began cracking. He was crying, she realized. "If I become as strong as you, will I really become like you? He threw away his life for you without his own dream to die as a tool." He sniffed. "That's just too sad."

Tears fell from Zabuza's eyes spattering on the ground. Him too?! "You don't need to say any more." He turned fully to the boy. "It pained him to have to fight you. He not only fought for me, but for you guys too. He was too kind. I'm glad I got to face you in the end. Yeah, kid, you might be right. A shinobi is still human...we may not be able to become emotionless tools." Naruto stared at him stunned. "Kid, let me borrow your kunai."

Zabuza's face wrappings ripped as the kunai was placed in his mouth. He shot into the mob of people straight to Gato. "Kill him!" Gato spat, but it was too late for those already in his way. Blood and weapons sprayed everywhere and those dumb enough to actually go for Zabuza after watching the epic battle remained where they lay, completely lifeless. With an array of weapons jutting from Zabuza's back, he finally made it to Gato and decapitated him with one clean swipe.

The remaining "warriors" stood dumbfounded and appalled at what just happened. Zabuza fell to their feet. She realized how pathetic Gato was when it came to ruling anything but a chicken coop. Sure she made a bad call on this one, but she didn't expect anyone special to show up at this bridge. She knew the "warriors" would run, especially after the villagers appeared, followed by Naruto cloning himself a hundred times over; Kakashi doubled that with his own. The cowards went running for the hills, back to their ship. Kakashi removed the blades protruding from Zabuza and placed him next to Haku to die.

"Ugh, this is enough cheese for one day." And she disappeared in a puff of smoke.