Status: Slow progress....

The Witch Behind the Eyes

Two: The Devil She Calls Mother

Hex watches without emotion as her mother walks into the house. She slams the door behind her and viciously throws her purse on the faded couch. There are no words between them, no guestures, nor even an exchange of glances. Nothing.

She works at the local hospital as a nurse and works insane hours. They were both awake by 2:30 AM. Her car must have broken down again; that's why she saw it in the driveway. There was a lack of the devil she calls mother though. And now 'mother' was worse for wear than usual.

She watches as the woman walks into the kitchen, pulling a new bottle of vodka out of the cabinet, and takes a long, raw swallow of its contents. She flops down on the oakwood table, bottoming the rest of its contents in a single swig. Hex can hear the heavy breathing of her stepmother, and she wonders if one day the woman might drink herself to death.

She walks with thudding steps towards the kitchen, feeling herself heavy on the ground as she lays her shoulder against the wall, just looking at the beast that doesn't ever care for her.

As she sees crimson spots on her lime, faded green scrubs, she sees the bags around her eyes that signals that she has been working from 3 AM to 10 PM. Her dark brown, long, wavy hair is put up into a ponytail, her body barely hanging onto the chair itself.

Hex walks across the kitchen carefully in hopes that she might not be noticed. She takes a banana quickly, before heading back to the living area. As she reaches the doorway though, she feels eyes on her, her skin crawling as she glances back at the woman sitting there.

She feels the hairs on the back of her neck rise as her mom bends down to untie her shoes. She knows what's about to happen because it has happened before. The shoe comes flying at her from across the room, and she barely ducks in time, the lamp not having been so lucky. She turns around as another shoe is launched in her direction, but this scorches across her face.

Before she can even fall to the floor, blood is already warm against her skin. She knows she can't wait until she moves out, away from this monster. Her mom gets up from the table, still holding her glass of poison as Hex feels a foot slam into her head, causing darkness to once more, albeit prematurely, cloud her vision. Minutes go by, Hex slowly awakes. Her blood because cold under her face. Hex was not able to get to her feet. her crawls like a dog down the wooded hallway. Into her safe haven of a room. Three walls inked with black and one with royal blue. Half way down the hall she hears the warden. Turning her TV on in her. As Hex crawls the wooden floor crack. She hurries to hes feet knowing that her step-mom is coming out to finish the job. " You bitch. You are supposed to be cleaning,she said slurring her words. Hex glaces back at the animal her so talked mother has created. She quickly slides into her room will shutting her out. She passes her back against the door while her mother kicks and push the door between them. Three minutes pass. Hex looks at the clock and sees 10:30 in red.

Her limp body slowly moves to her white dresser. She examines the mark on her face and the cut on her lip. Knowing the hate that she has from this person she talks mother. She walks over to her night stand. Were pain pills rest in bottle. Popping two pill down her throat. then enters hers bed. Also knowing that this is just the beings.