You're My Wonderwall

A New Idea

"Can this shit go any slower!" Mallory sighed sitting in her wheelchair.

"It's a hospital elevator." Jimmy retorted. "People have to get on and off at different levels."

"That's stupid." Mal shook her head.

"You're stupid."

"James!" Her mother scolded.

"Sorry Kim." He blushed.

The elevator ding as the number 8 glowed green. Jimmy pushed Mal out of the elevator into the hallway with her mother following behind. They passed several doors before turning into another hallway, passed a few more doors before stopping.

"OK, who's going in first? There can only be two people in the room." Jimmy told them.

"I want to go." Mal answered raising her hand.

"Why are you raising you're hand. This isn't school." Jimmy told her.

"Jimmy, do you have to be an asshole right now?" Mal said clearly annoyed with him.

"No, but for you yes."

"You two shut up and get in the room." Kim said preventing a fight between the two.

Jimmy opened the door to Zack's room slowly. Mallory could hear a steady beeping noise, and the oxygen machine going. A White curtain was blocking her view of Zack's body. Jimmy slowly moved the curtain revealing Zack. He looked as if he was sleeping, only his fair skin was so pale it was almost transparent. He looked so peaceful. The most peaceful she had seen him in a long time.

"You OK Mal?" Jimmy asked quietly.

She just gasped. There were no words to say. She was in shock. She felt the lump form in her throat and the tears stinging her eyes.

"The Doctor says he should recover well." He spoke while resting his hand on her shoulder.

"Was it the coke?"

"How did you know?" he asked surprised.

"I found out last night."

Then it clicked. "Is that how you got the stitches. Did he hit-"

"No We got into an argument, and I banged my head on the wall shelf." She explained interrupting him. "I want him to get better."

"He will. It'll be hard, but he has us." Jimmy assured her.

"I guess you're right."

"He needs to get better MJ for you and you and that baby. He's going to be a father. Zack needs to man up."

Mal sighed. Maybe that's why Zack did this, maybe he didn't want to help her. She should have never agreed to this plan. She should've told everyone the truth. Her chest began to feel heavy and she began to feel dizzy again. All the this stress was weighing on her so much she felt as if she couldn't breathe some days.

"Hey Jimmy, can you take me to the hallway? I need some air."

"Sure thing."

As Mal was pushed into the hallway she began to think of her options. It was obvious that staying at Zacky's apartment wasn't going to be possible. They needed time apart. She needed to focus on her child's well being as well as her own. Zack needed to recover and get off the drugs. He needed to focus on the band.

She sighed with a heavy heart. She knew what she needed to do, and she knew when Zack woke up and found out....he wasn't going to be happy.

Jimmy rolled her up next to mom in the waiting room while he went to talk to the nurses. "Mom?"

Her mom looked up from her magazine. "Yes?"

"I want to come home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow the reaction from all of you with the previous chapter was amazing! Thank you to all my readers!

P.S. I wasn't going to let Zack died! :p

I'm preparing you all for the next chapters coming up!