You're My Wonderwall

I took a shot and didn't even come close

Zacky could hear the a faint beeping noise in his ears. He slowly opened his eyes before snapping them shut. The light was blinding his vision. He tried to reach up and to touch it, but he couldn't move. His body felt very heavy, and sore.

"Are you up?"

Zack opened his open to speak, but nothing came out. His throat was dry and tight.

"Here have some water." The person sighed shoving a straw in his mouth. He gladly sucked the straw weakly feeling the moisture return to his mouth. He sighed as he closed his eyes shut trying to adjust his eyes.

"How do you feel?" the voice asked again.

"Like I've been sleeping too long." His voice was raspy and horse. He cleared it loudly. "What happened?"

"You OD." Zack recognized the voice this time, it was Jimmy. By the sound of his voice he knew he was in deep shit. "I came to your house on Friday. You started having a seizure as I walked through the door. I thought you were going to fucking die."

Zack laid there staring at the ceiling. He began to remember little by little what happened that night. Jimmy's face was the last one he had seen. He couldn't even begin to process the damage he's already caused with his friends and family. A cold shiver ran through his body. This was going to be a hard one to explain.

"Where's Mallory?" He asked trying to move his arm.

"At her parents. Man, I really hate to say this, but she moved out of your place."

There it was the hard blow. Now he knew it was going to be hard to recover from that. Everyone would want answers for sure now.

"I'll let the nurse know you're up." Then Jimmy walked out the door.

Zack still couldn't move. He wasn't sure if it were the words Jummy just said or the reason he was sitting in his room. Every muscle in his body hurt. He shut his eyes trying not to cry. The lump in his throat was so large he couldn't swallow it. The tears slowly fell from his eyes. He took one more deep breath before trying to sit up.

"Hello Zack. Good to see you up. Let me pull the bed up first. It helps you sit up easier." The small nurse said coming to his bed side. As she got him comfortable, he reached for the water taking large sips of it.

"How long have I been out?" Zack asked clearing his throat.

"Almost four days. You've been in and out. Gave your family and friends a big scare. Especially your pregnant wife." The nurse sighed. "Your body will be sore for a while, but once you get up and around you should be fine. Are you having any pain?"

He shook his head. "Just a headache."

"That's normal. Lunch will be here shortly. Try to eat if you can. Once you are able to drink on your own we can get you off the fluids." She checked his IV machine. "Anything I can get you?"

"No thank you. "

"You're welcome. Just press the button if you need anything." She walked out just as Jimmy came in.

"Your mom and sister are on thier way." Jimmy sighed sitting on the couch. "We need to talk until then."

"I don't really fe-"

"I don't give a fuck" Jimmy interrupted him. "You are going to get some help. You are going to make things right with our best friend because that baby needs you around. She needs you around, WE all need you around. Stop being so fucking selfish and get some help."

For once Zack saw the light. He understood completely. This was his chance to make things right. He NEEDED to make things right. Sure he loved Gena, but Mallory....that was the one girl who was made for him. She never tried to impress him. She never judged him. She was independent, smart, and beautiful. She was the first girl to accept him just how he was. Everything he needed was in her. This baby, he/she was the reason they came together. The reason they had to realize what they were missing in thier lives: each other.

"You're right Jimmy. I need help. Can you call Mallory to come? I'd really love to see her."

Jimmy looked over at his friend. He could see in his eyes the hurt his friend was feeling. "Sure, man." He walked out of the room taking his phone out to give JMallory a call.

Zack closed his eyes feeling content. He was finally going to get it right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy my readers!!! I'm back!!!!! Tell me what you think! I love to hear your thoughts. Thank you for being so patient with this. More to come!

Love all of you!