You're My Wonderwall

Sometimes It Just Feels Better to Give In

Mallory sat in her parents living room trying to focus on her book. She had three more chapters she had to read by tomorrow's exam. It was hard to focus with so much on her mind. She felt the baby kick and a smile formed on her face.

"Mmmm want some chocolate milk?" She asked her growing stomach. The baby kicked again. "Alright, Mommy can take a break." She placed the book on the coffee table and made her way to the kitchen. She grabbed a glass from the cupboard, then opened the fridge. "Damn no milk. Ok mommy has to go to the store." She sighed. Mallory placed the glas down and grabbed her purse, car kids and jacket.

As she approached her car she sighed. At almost 8 months pregnant it was getting harder to drive.
She got as comfortable as possible in the car before driving off to the nearest grocery store. She got out and grabbed a cart. Mallory realized how hungry she was getting, well the baby, so she wanted to make some dinner.

As Mal walked down the pasta aisle minding her own business when she heard her name. "Mal?" There he was at the same store at the same time. It had been about two months that she had spoke or seen him. She knew she was going to run into him eventually, but not so unexpectedly.

When she turned around, she didn't see the boy she had known. Had she had seen him before he spoke, she wouldn't have realized it was Zack. The clothing Zack had on was wrinkled, his hair longer and greasy, his skin was transparent, and dark circles around his once bright green eyes. He had gained a bit of weight as well.
"Hi Zacky." She spoke softly. Mal tried hard not to cry. "You look-"

"Like shit." He finished combing his greasy hair down. A nervous habit he had.

Mal chuckled. "I guess."

Silence took over them for a brief second. Mal didn't know what to say or do. Everything she thought about seemed to forward for the moment. Zack stared in awe of the woman standing in front of him. The last time they spoke, things didn't go so well. Her stomach was now more noticeable, but she looked more radiant then ever.

"Fuck it." Zack grabbed her arm pulling her near and embracing her tightly. "I've missed you too much to not hug you." Mal closed her eyes taking in the moment. She wrapped her arms around his neck holding on to him.

"I'm sorry Zack, I was so mad at you."

"I understand. I went to rehab. I'm actually staying with my parents. They're helping me keep straight." He pulled away looking into her light brown eyes.

She couldn't help but get lost in his eyes. "I didn't answer your calls because.....I didn't understand why you did that to yourself. You have so much going for you and you didn't know it. Any explanation you wanted to give me sounded like bullshit."

"It was bullshit." He sighed pulling away.

Mal gave him a small smile. She needed to make amends with her best friend. They had so much to talk about. The anger she was holding on to, left as soon as she saw him. "I was going to cook dinner tonight. Mom and dad are still in Vegas. I could use the company." She suggested.

"Uhhh....are you sure you want me over?" He asked hesistantly. The last thing he wanted to do was force her to invite him over to talk.
"Let's get the rest of the stuff and go." She smiled walking down the aisle.

^^^^^^^6661^^^^^^
They hadn't spoken to one another the entire time Mal cooked. It was quiet and the silence was bearable. Zack sat in the living room thinking this was how it was supposed to be. She was supposed to be cooking in their kitchen. He fucked up so bad.

"Zack food is ready." Mal called out pulling him out of his thoughts. She served his plate placing it on the table and then sitting in her chair. They sat across from one another staring at thier plate.

"Hey Mal, before we eat can I tell you something? It would help me start things off right." He spoke quietly. She nodded confused. He took a deep breath and stood up. "My name is Zachary and I'm a cocaine addict. I have used cocaine for over a year now. I've been sober for two months since I overdosed. It's a struggle everyday, but I know I'm a strong enough person to get past the addiction." Then he sat back down slightly flushed.

Mal sat there with a small smile. She knew how hard it must be for him to say that out loud. "Wow." She gasped.

"Look Mal, I fucked up really bad and I know that. I just want to make things right again between us. Is there any way we can try again? I know it would hard, but-but I don't want to lose you or the baby. No matter what I've said or you think, I AM the father of this baby." Zack told her firmly.

She sat taken back by what he was saying. She didn't think he would be so forward with his words at this dinner. "Zack, I-I really don't know. I want to but...." She paused for a moment. She decided to go against what her mind was telling her and go with her heart for once. She was ready to be happy for once. Sure he made a mistake, but if he was here talking to her and begging for a second chance, then he really did love her. He was after all fighting for her. Mallory took a deep breath in and smiled.

"We've got a lot of stuff to do before this baby gets here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading guys!!