You're My Wonderwall

This Is It

Life had really begun to take its toll on Mallory. Everyone was so concerned for her and the baby; it was beginning to get to her. Since the guys were on a break, they decided to stay with her in Boston. Well, just Matt, Val, and Zacky. Everyone else left after two weeks claiming the weather was too cold, and they missed the beach.

Tonight was a normal night for the two couples. Val and Mallory cooked dinner, and ate together as they discussed the new events with the baby. Normally they would then go into the living room and watch a movie, but not tonight. Matt and Valerie needed some alone time, and retreat to bed early. Mallory decided that she was indeed every tired, and went to take a shower.

Zack on the other hand sat in the living room watching the television. The needy feeling was crawling along his skin. It was a tingling feeling up his spine, like a small chill. It was calling softly in his ear, almost begging him to do it. He shook his head, and sighed deeply. He would do anything to shake this feeling off.

His best friend was calling out to him, and he hated it. Quitting was becoming harder than ever now. Ok so maybe he had a few slip ups here and there, but doesn't everyone? Although hiding those slips were hard, he still managed to get away with it.

He quickly got up from the couch and walked away into the laundry room. He looked around making sure no one was around to see him walk in there. He softly closed the door and turned on the light. He inhaled sharply. This was it. He could try and walk away now, or find his "friend."

One more wouldn't hurt.

Zack walked over to the cabinets above the washer and dryer. He opened the right cabinet door and reached inside. He felt around until his fingers came in contact with a plastic bag. A wicked smile came across his face. He pulled out the bag, and shook the contents inside softly.

Tonight was going to be the best.

When Mallory finished her shower she heard her cell phone ringing from her room. After wrapping her red towel around her small body, she jogged into the room and grabbed her phone. She answered it without looking at the number.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Mal." the voice answered back.

"What's up Missy?"

"What are you doing?

Mallory made a confused face. She could definitely hear the smirk coming from this girl. "I just got out of the shower. Why? What's going on?"

"Johnny asked me to move in with him!!" She squealed into the phone. Mal laughed at the over excited friend. "About time!"

"I know that's what I told him." Missy giggled.

"Well congrats, I'm happy for you." Mallory smiled even if her best friend couldn't see her.

"Thanks. So, what's up with you and Zacky?"

"What do you mean? Nothing's going on." She asked confused. Missy wasn't buying her lie for one minute. Something was going on between her best friends, and she was going to get to the bottom of it. That was one of the main reasons she called Mallory. "I mean are you going to move back to Huntington with him?"

This thought hadn't even occurred to Mallory. She and matt had talked about moving back home with her parents, but not with Zack. They played the scene of a couple in love, but weren't that couple. They rarely talked anymore in private, and she was sure moving in together wasn't an option. "Well, I'm going to move back home, but I'm not sure if it's going to be with him. My parents are making room for me at their house."

"What?? Are you serious? You two aren't going to try the living together and having a baby card?" Mal could hear the frown and disappointment in her friend's voice. "No, we are just going to wait and see how it goes after the baby's born."

Missy couldn't believe her ears. "I'm not following you. What are you two waiting for? If you are in love, and you're having his baby, don't you want to move in together and have a life together?" Mallory stayed silent. She didn't know how to answer this question. She didn't want to slip up on her lie. "We don't want to rush this. Yea we're having a baby together, but we think living together might put a strain on our relationship."

"I think you're lying. Have you even talked about it with him?"

"No, I haven't." She said truthfully. Missy frowned again. "Why not? You know what? I'm hanging up right now and you are going to talk to him about your future. Bye." then just like that, she hung up the phone. Mallory sighed and placed her phone back on the night stand. She hated these conversations with the girls. She was digging herself into a deeper hole and soon there would be no way out of it. She quickly went to her dresser to get dress.

She rushed downstairs to go to the kitchen. When she reached the bottom step she noticed Zack sitting on the couch watching TV without sound. She frowned in confusion. "Zack, what are you doing?"

Zack didn't answer. He was in a daze. This was his favorite part of his high, watching the TV without sound. It helped him make up his own story with the actions. He hated to hear people talking; he liked to enjoy his high in silence. That's why when Mallory came down the steps he didn't even notice her.

Mallory stayed confused for a second before she decided to shake Zack out of his daze like faze. She went forward and placed her hand on his shoulder. He quickly pulled away and looked over at her. "Hey." He smiled. "What's wrong?" she asked. He shook his head and smiled. "Nothing, what's up?"

She shrugged her shoulders and sat down on the couch next to him. "I don't know I really hate lying to everyone." She sighed tiredly. Zacky frowned. He placed his index finger under her chin and picked her head up. They stared into each other's eyes for a minute before Mallory pulled away.

There was something there and she couldn't deny any longer. She needed to pull away from his stare to avoid the butterflies flying around her stomach. "Sometimes I think that they're going to find out."

Zacky quickly shook his head. "They won't. I promise you that this secret is safe." He leaned over and kissed her cheek. Feeling her warm skin on his lips turned him on a little. He liked what she was doing to him. Before he could think through with his actions, he went in kissing her on the lips.

Mallory's mind didn't realize what was going on. Here was her best friend kissing her on the lips with such passion, and she couldn't let go with how right it felt. She was confused as to if it was supposed to feel right. She wrapped her arms around Zacky's neck and moved herself closer to him. Zack pulled away and began to kiss down her neck. Hearing Mal moan was one of the best sounds he'd ever heard.

"Come on; let's go upstairs to your room." He whispered softly in her ear. She nodded vigorously.

They both knew what was going to happen, and they both wanted it more than anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I ran into a little of writer's block. But I really know where I want to go with this one. It's just a filler chapter.