You're My Wonderwall

Cold Turkey

Mal sighed as she rubbed her small bump. She was five months pregnant and loving every second of it. She hated how everything felt like it was going so fast, but not fast enough.

"How's everything going Mal?" Matt asked sitting next to her.

"It's still taking some time to get used to, but it feels nice to be home." She smiled. She was sugar coating the whole thing. Things had been off with Zack. He seemed more distant now that she moved back to Hunnington, and she couldn't figure it out. She had only been home for two months, and Zacky had only been home a handful of times. He always had an excuse for not coming home or being late. They weren't really a couple, but she worried about her friend.

"Sounds good, He better be good to you." Her brother warned. She rolled her eyes. "Stop you know he is."

"Hey Mal, go get Zack I'm fucking hungry!" Johnny sighed walking into the living room. "He's been getting ready forever!"

"Ok, I'll check and make sure he's ok." Mal sighed as she sat up and walked into the hallway into their bedroom.

"Zack?" She called out quietly. "Everybody is getting impatient waiting. Are you ok?" She asked walking into the room. There was no answer as she opened the door. She noticed him laying face first on the best, asleep. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

She walked over to him and began shaking his shoulder. "Zack, wake the fuck up!" She growled. He didn't move in response. ""Zack! Wake the fuck up!!" she yelled a little louder.

Zack quickly lifted his head up. "What?!" He groaned.

"Come on! Everyone is waiting."

"Sorry, I'm just really fucking tired." He yawned.

"I know, you didn't come home until 3." Mal sighed. She really didn't know what was going on with Zack lately. He was constantly going out until all hours, was always cranky, and he hardly ever said more than a couple of sentences to her. When she agreed to move back home he promised he would be there for her no matter what. But she felt lonliner than ever. She didn't know who to talk about what was going on without it resulting in drama.

Zacky quickly sat up after hearing the saddiness in her comment. The last thing he wanted to do was make her feel sad. "i know I keep saying it, but sorry. I'm still trying to get used to having someone live with me."

"I just feel....lonely." She sighed. She hated making him feel guilty.

"You shouldn't, I'm here." He smiled as he rubbed her bump. "Tomorrow is your appointment, and I'll go with you. Tonight let's go with the guys, have fun, then come home and cuddle. I promise I'll make everything better!"

Now that he was sober, he realized how much he was hurting Mallory. He had spent so many nights getting high, and drinking to forget Gena, he forgot he had to help her out. He looked at her and smiled. He really did care about her. Mallory was an amazing person, and he was getting tired of lying to her. He needed to quit and take care of his reponsibilities. It already had been a while since Gena and he broke up. He needed to move on. Zack was ready to get his life back on track, for Mallory, for himself and more importantly, their baby.

"Just try to be around more often. I know we're not really dating, but let's not lose our friendship." She smiled. She leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I think a night in would be great."

He returned a smile. Then he pressed his lips to her softly. "Maybe tonight we can...we'll just see where it goes."

Mallory playfully rolled her eyes. "Come on, everyone is waiting."

"Go on, I'll be right out. I'm going to change jeans."

Mall nodded and walked out of the room. Zack stood up and sighed. He was a big mess. He knew it was a matter of time before everyone found out about his addiction. He looked in the mirror and sighed. He was going to quit cold turkey.

Although he didn't know how long it was going to last.
♠ ♠ ♠
yep this one is a work in progress again....I feel the inspiration to wrtie for this one again