Status: Comments mysteriously lead to more frequent, longer updates. Who'da thought?

These Are the Dark Days

Quatorze

Frank awoke the next morning sprawled out spread eagle, taking up most of the bed. He looked over at Gerard who was laying on the edge of the bed, watching Frank. “You know, little one, for someone as tiny as you, you sure do take up a lot of room.” Frank giggled and hid his face in the pillow.

“I’m serious, you kick like a motherfucker. There was one point last night when you actually rolled on top of me.” Gerard laughed as he ran a finger down Frank’s stomach.

Frank looked up from the pillow with a mischievous look in his eye. “What are you going to do about it then?” With that, Gerard let out a low growl before pouncing on top of Frank, who continued to giggle furiously.

“You know, Frank, I am one of the most feared vampires in the world. You probably should not be laughing.” Gerard’s face was inches from his mates, attempting to look as serious as possible.

“You don’t seem so scary to me.” Frank bit his lower lip, trying to keep his face as serious as the dom’s. In response to Frank’s comment, Gerard pinned Frank to the bed, placing all his body weight on the boy. “See, Gee, as harmless as a fly.”

Without any warning, Gerard bit down on the softest part of Frank’s neck. In an instant, all of Frank’s laughter subsided and for a brief moment, Gerard worried that Frank had not been fully transformed yet and that he was truly being hurt. He was about to pull his teeth out when he felt Frank’s hands slide down his waist and he let out a not so soft moan.

Gerard smiled against Frank’s skin and began to drink, causing Frank to squirm underneath him, the dom placed his hands on his mate’s hips to keep him still. It was that moment that Mikey decided to walk in to see his brother and his soon to be best friend on top of each other.

“Oh, dear lord! My eyes! Stop in the name of all things holy!” Gerard sighed at his brother’s interruption. He pulled his head away from Frank but stayed on top of him.

“What the fuck makes you think you can just waltz in here, Mikey?” Gerard knew he was going to have to have a chat with his brother about boundaries. “Can’t you see we are busy?”

Mikey did not seem to care as he walked further into the room and sat on the end of the bed. “Ray wanted me to come get you, he thinks you forgot about the bitch downstairs in your office.” Mikey then placed a hand on his temple in a dramatic flourish, “She has been screaming like a banshee all morning. Plus, all the fertiles are here and are dying to meet Frank. You can’t hog him all day you know.”

Gerard then reminded his kid brother that he could do whatever the hell he wanted with Frank. This caused another fit of giggles from the boy underneath him. Gerard placed a small kiss on the crook of Frank’s neck and rolled off him, telling his brother to get out so they could get dressed.

~***~

Gerard had honestly forgotten about Jessica. He made his way to his office and could hear the screaming, Mikey was right, she was a banshee. She stopped as he opened the door, as soon as she saw it was the man who had abducted her, she started spewing threats.

These were ignored by Gerard who walked over to his desk and opened the Frank’s file. He took out the picture first and let himself feel the anger swell up inside of him, he leaned the photo against the light on the desk as a reminder of why he was doing this.

He began to read the file, unimpressed by the lack of information.

Name: unknown
Type: fertile
Gender: male
Age: five
Glamour Status: in place
Family: classified

Gerard looked up at the woman, whose face had gone red from hanging upside down for so long. “Who is his family?” He asked calmly.

“What?” She looked generally confused but he knew that she knew exactly what was going on. He sighed and walked over to her, picking up a scalpel. He cut a long gash across her face, matching the whip mark on the boy in the photo.

“I will not ask you again.” She promised him that she knew nothing of Frank’s family, she even tried to convince him that she had not been at the auction house thirteen years ago.

Gerard continued his work on the woman, losing his patience quickly. She would give him the information he needed.

~***~

Gerard found Frank in the living room, surrounded by seven or eight other fertiles, all drinking coffee and laughing at something Mikey had said.

As Gerard walked into the room, spattered in Jessica’s blood, he caught the attention of every fertile in the room. He looked at his own fertile to see that his eyes had darkened as he looked up and down Gerard’s body.

“Frankie, I need to talk to you. Now.” Frank got up and walked out of the room with Gerard, followed by the stereotypical ‘ooooh he’s in trouble’ of a child being called down to the principal's office and even a quiet ‘lucky bastard’ from one side of the room.

Once they were alone in the piano room, Frank ran his hands down his mate’s tight black shirt and looked up at him with big, submissive eyes.

“Later, little one, I promise. But first I have something important to tell you.” Gerard sat down in the chair next to them and pulled Frank into his lap. “Frankie, love, I found out who your family is, your real family, the one you were kidnapped from.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!

xxoo