Status: Comments mysteriously lead to more frequent, longer updates. Who'da thought?

These Are the Dark Days

Seize

Gerard grabbed Frank’s hand and moved around the lady so he could enter the house. They stood and waited in the entry hall for her to turn around.

“Excuse me, you cannot come in. My mate may not be home but my dom son is here. Henry!” She called up the stairs for her son to come and force the strangers to leave. “We have no money, we are no one of importance. You can want nothing from us.”

“Ma’am we mean you no harm.” Gerard put his hands up, surrendering to the woman. “But I would not say you are no one of importance, Queen Iero.”

The color drained from the woman’s face, “You are not supposed to know that. Who are you?” It was at that point, a boy two or three years older than Frank came downstairs to see who was in his house.

“Mama, what’s going on?” He stepped in between his mother and the strange dom, ready to fight the home invader.

“T-these men know who we are, who we really are.” This was all the son needed, he pushed Gerard up against the wall behind him, holding one arm across Gerard’s neck to cut off his air supply.

“I-I’m Prince Way, Gerard Way,” Gerard gasped between breaths, “My father sent me. W-we need to talk to you, about your son.”

“What about me?” Henry still held Gerard against the wall, he did, however, move his arm so Gerard could speak. “We have done nothing wrong, we have stayed quiet, what could your father want with me?”

“Not you, your other son.” Gerard looked passed Henry and to the woman in the room who commanded her son to let him go. As soon as he was free, Gerard rubbed his neck and looked over to Frank.

Frank had remained quiet through the whole ordeal, and had wedged himself into a corner. He looked so afraid, watching his newfound brother attack his mate while his mother watched. He started to hyperventilate.

Seeing this, Gerard walked over and wrapped one arm around Frank’s waist, pulling him into his side. “Can we go sit somewhere and talk? When will your husband be home?”

~***~

The Queen, Olivia, told Gerard that the king now worked a job as a insurance broker and would be home within the half hour. Gerard decided this news would be best to give while they were all there and so they sat in the living room, drinking the tea Olivia had made.

Frank did not dare to look up from his tea, he could not bare to look at the woman who was supposedly his mother without panicking again. What if they did not believe them? What if they did not want Frank anymore?

After fifteen minutes of so of waiting in silence, Ryan walked into the room. “Who are they?” He asked immediately, sensing something was wrong.

Gerard stood up and stuck out his hand before anyone else could answer. “I am Gerard Way, sir, King Way’s eldest son. I have come here to talk to you about your youngest son.”

“Franklin is dead. There is nothing to say.” Frank looked up at his father’s comment. He had been named after the fertile on the street’s father, how did the king know his name? Gerard looked back at Frank, wondering the same thing.

He quickly composed himself and began to explain, “Sir, if I could just have a moment of your time, I promise you it will be worth it.” The king nodded and sat down, waiting for Gerard to start.

He sat back down and began to speak, “I am not going to beat around the bush. Your brother lied to you when he told you that he had killed Frank. He had actually sold him to an auction house and had a glamour placed on him, we assume this was so he could be used as a bargaining chip if you ever tried to over throw him.

A few days ago, I found my own mate,” Gerard put a hand on Frank’s knee as he spoke, “But he looked human for all intensive purposes. He was glamoured but we broke it. Sir, what I am trying to say is this Frank, sitting here with us, is the Franklin you have thought dead all these years. I traced down the auctioneer who sold him and she told me everything after some... convincing.”

The three in front Frank and Gerard sat there silently, staring at Frank. With a slight nudge from Gerard, Frank looked back up from his tea to see his family. “Hello.” He said in the smallest whisper, worried he would say something wrong.

It was this that made his mother cry. She stood up quickly and reached for her youngest son (Gerard managed to take Frank’s tea before there was any major spilling) and pulled him up into a hug.

“Oh, my baby, my baby boy has come home.” Frank held on to his mother as she cried, he was too in shock to do anything but hold her. After she was able to control herself, she let go, smiling at her boy. She then turned to look at her husband.

Ryan looked Frank up and down as if he were trying to gauge the truth behind Gerard’s statement. He then walked up to his son and picked him up, holding him tightly. “Welcome home, my son.” The king did nothing to hide his tears.

~***~

“Wait a minute,” Henry began, “If you are The Gerard Way, the scariest motherfucker in the country, why was I able able to take you down so easily in the hallway?” Henry didn’t give Gerard a chance to answer before he answered his own question. Looking slightly dazed he began “Maybe I am the scariest motherfucker around.”

Frank giggled at his brother from across the room where he was seated in between his parents. Gerard, who was next to Henry, rolled his eyes. “I just through kicking my mate’s brother’s ass before they even knew who I was not the best way to go about this. Name the time and I will take you down, you little bitch.” Gerard smiled evilly, Henry’s laughed.

“Boys, I will have none of that language in my house.” Olivia quickly earned a bashful apology from both doms.

“I have a question,” Frank had perked up quite a bit since Ryan first walked in. “You said my name is Franklin, but I was named Frank by the couple who cared for me while I was glammoured. They got the name from the fertile who had tried to adopt me but her mate did not allow her to. Is this just a coincidence?”

Ryan looked deep in thought, Olivia, on the other hand, knew the answer right away. “It was probably Emily, Gavin’s wife. She was always against his rise to power, saying it was not his place. She probably heard his plan for you and tried to save you. Leaving you with the human couple was probably the safest thing. She just wanted you to keep your real name, probably to make it a little easier if we were to try to find you.”

The room fell silent, each person there thinking about where Frank had been after he was kidnapped, each one wishing they could have done something to change it.

Henry broke the silence, “So how long are you two staying in town?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I have some huge tests coming up so it may be a little while till I update again. I hope I have enough will power for it to be a few days because I really have to study...

xxoo