Status: Comments mysteriously lead to more frequent, longer updates. Who'da thought?

These Are the Dark Days

Cinq

So there Frank was, an incredibly attractive man basically sought him out in order to push him up against a brick wall and kiss him. Where would two young men in the prime of their lives, after declaring intense admiration for each other, go next? The public library.

Gerard had left Frank at a secluded table and returned only when he had gather five or six large, old, dusty books. The old leather on each cover wilted as Gerard set them down on the table. He gave a slight smile to the human before him and sat down.

An hour and a half later Gerard still sat at the pile of books. His shoulders hunched and his hair falling in his face. Every once in a while he let out a deep sigh as he turned back to the index to search the book again.

Frank, of corse, knew what Gerard was doing. He was trying to find any instance of a vampire mating with a human. This did not keep Frank from becoming bored. If one asked him, Frank could recite the number of ceiling tiles in the room, the average number of times a minute the bimbo across the room smaked her gum, and how many seconds it took Gerard's hair to fall back in his face after being pushed back.

Every once in a while, Gerard would murmur under his breath, it could be anything from page numbers to zodiac star meanings (as a last resort Gerard began to look at astronomy as reasoning to this phenomena).

A while later, Gerard mumbled "I've seen you're parents. They were human, no doubt about it." This was not necessarily for Frank to hear but his ears perked up.

"Those aren't my real parents." Gerard slowly looked up from the dusty book, his face contorted with anger and confusion.

"Excuse me?" A slight twang of anger was imminent in his voice.

"W-well, they found me on the street around the age of five. We've never been able to find my real mom and dad." Frank's stutter had returned.

"You didn't think, while I scour books about genealogy, that this would be an important fact?" Gerard tried to suppress his anger. Were Frank a fertile, like his mate should be, Gerard would not be angry with him, it's almost impossible for a dom to feel this anger towards any fertile, let alone his mate. But Frank was still human. In any other case, Gerard would have torn his head from his body, not even batting an eye.

This was his Frankie, he couldn't do that to his mate, he would never forgive himself. Gerard summoned all his self control, and smiled.

"It's okay, little one." Frank relaxed a little at the use of his nickname. Gerard returned to one of the first books he had searched.

"Turning a vampire" He mumbled. He then began to read aloud from the book that lay before him.

When turning a vampire from undead to living, a simple mixture is required. Feed to the young one at the tender age of five and no longer fear his blood sucking capabilities. Be wary however, certain members of the vampiric community can tell those who have been changed and a cure is not far off.

"I'm a reverse vampire?" Frankie questioned, a small sliver of hope broke through his voice. Gerard smiled back at him.

"This is an old old book, I bet no ones opened it in decades. I guess this means I'm a 'certain member of the vampiric community'." Gerard smiled at his use of air quotes "and you just happened to be my mate."

"So is there anything in there about a cure?" Frank pleaded.

"I'm afraid not love," Gerard sighed "But this is a good thing, at least we now know whats going on. Now come on, let's get out of this place."

Gerard grabbed the one book the had been helpful and tucked it under his arm. The old woman behind the counter tried to stop Gerard from stealing the book but immediately recoiled when Gerard exposed his pearly white fangs. Gerard grabbed Frank by the waist with his free hand and kissed his softly behind his ear.

"Are your parents home?" Questioned Gerard, Frank shook his head.

"No, they're at work, will be to until late tonight."

Gerard smiled mischievously. "Let's go round to yours then."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so honestly I've written five chapters in two days because of the lovely comments I've received. Keep it up, folks! And thank you so so so much to those who have commented so far!