Status: Comments mysteriously lead to more frequent, longer updates. Who'da thought?

These Are the Dark Days

Six

A few days had past and Gerard and Frank continued to see each other, although very secretively. If they were found out, not only would Frank have to face the wrath of angry royal vampires but Gerard would most likely be exiled from the vampire community.

Gerard had continued his research, searching any old book he could find, needing more information on what the cure could be. Gerard now wished he had paid more attention in high school, for all he knew, he had studied this years ago.

He decided to call upon his charming and cunning attitude in order to ask his parents about the old book. Outside their bedroom door, he took a deep breath and entered. Once inside, he saw his mother on a couch reading and his father bent over his desk, scribbling away.

Gerard cleared his through. His mother looked up while his father barely noticed the newcomer.

"Yes dear?" His mother, Annabelle, kindly asked.

Gerard began to worry, he really should have thought of a story before barging into the room. "I was at the library the other day," Annabelle raised one eyebrow. Gerard in a library? "I was just doing some research, I figure if I'm to be king one day I should at least understand some of the history."

His father, Daniel, looked up from his work and looked at his son. Annabelle smiled, doting on her eldest boy.

"I came across this strange passage, I wanted to know if this was possible, or if it's just folklore." Gerard recited the passage to his parents, he had basically memorized it in the past few days.

His mother looked slightly puzzled but his father spoke up. "It's sounds like a glamour." The gruff voice filled the room.

"A what?" Both Gerard and Annabelle looked confused.

"A glamour," The king continued, "masks everything that makes a vampire what he or she is. Like the passage says, they do have to be applied at a young age and they become harder and harder to detect as the victim ages. Only a few can see those who have been changed."

"Why have I never heard of these glamours before?" questioned the young prince.

"They are very, very old vampire work. They have faded out with time, I doubt there is anyone still alive who are under the effects of a glamour."

"Hypothetically," Gerard pushed "how would one break the glamour?"

"The one under the spell would have to, under their own accord, to be bitten by a mate. They would, without any hint from another being, ask to be bitten. This somehow shows that they are truly a vampire. The difficult thing is, of course, finding a vampire who mates with the human. So obviously, most glamours stay intact."

Gerard nodded slowly, wonder how he would ever get Frankie to ask to be bitten. To a vampire a bite is nothing, it is seen as the normal thing to do. To Frank however, it would be like using a drill to punch holes in is neck and then pouring acid into the openings.

It would be pure torture.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know this one's kina short so I apologize. I wanted to get in a little about the royal family, and don't worry, Mikey will be coming soon!

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments!