Status: Comments mysteriously lead to more frequent, longer updates. Who'da thought?

These Are the Dark Days

Sept

Gerard could not tell Frank of his new information. If Frank knew that he had to be bitten in order to break the glamour, it would not break. He had to want to be bitten. Gerard knew, because Frank had grown up in a human household, bitting was not something that Frank would know to ask for.

Gerard and Frank spent most of their time at Frank's house. James and Eve worked most of the time so they did not have to worry about being caught. Not that two human adults could do much to stop Gerard from seeing Frank, they just didn't want to have to deal with it.

The vampire dom was now trying to send subliminal messages to the young human. Over the past few days, Gerard had done a lot of biting. He would bite his lip, tear open packages with his mouth, and just open and close his mouth so his teeth crashed together.

At the moment, the two boys were watching an old black and white vampire movie while curled up on the couch. Frank had giggled when Gerard had suggested the movie, unaware of Gerard's ulterior motive.

So far, the movie was cheesy and somewhat boring. Gerard smirked at the silly ideas about vampires the movie's director seemed to have had.

About forty-five minutes into the film, the tall dark fanged creature had stolen a girl dressed in a white night gown from the safety of her room. The vampire went on and on about wanting to make the scared girl his own, to live with him forever.

Gerard rolled his eyes at the theatrics of the movie but looked down to see Frank concentrating very hard on the movie.

The movie ended and Gerard gave Frank a long kiss before waiting for Frank to say something about the movie.

"Good movie, eh?" Gerard pushed, trying to start a conversation on the bite of a vampire.

"Mmmmm" Frank was not listening, after the dramatic scene in the movie, Frank seemed to be distracted.

Gerard sighed before saying goodnight and climbing out Frank's fire escape in order to avoid the parents who could walk in at any moment.

~***~

The next day, Gerard was in a bad mood. He knew he could say nothing to Frank but he was getting so frustrated. All he wanted was a normal, safe relationship with his mate but there was nothing he could do. The ball was, and could stay forever, in Frank's court.

Gerard walked quickly to Frank's house, hopping to meet him at the bus stop as Frank returned home from school.

Being a dominant vampire, and a good one at that (contrary to his helplessness with Frank), Gerard's senses were very finicky. He could hear some one walking behind him at a good distance. This person had trailed him since leaving the palace grounds. Gerard began to grow angry at his newly acquired stalker.

Before a normal human being could bat an eye, Gerard had turned around, ran back to the person and pushed them up against the wall, meeting them with black hatred in his eyes.

Gerard was initially stunned but then quickly angry again.

"Mikey! What the fuck are you doing here?" Gerard asked with venom in his voice as he loosened the tight grip on his fertile brothers neck. Gerard may be angry but he could never hurt a fertile, none the less his own little brother.

"I wanted to know where you go all the time." Mikey answered bluntly, "I was worried you were getting into trouble. This part of town that you've chosen to come to has yet to convince me otherwise."

"It's none of your business Mikey, go home."

"Gerard Way." Mikey said sternly, instantly resembling the boy's mother. "You are going to tell me what is going on here. I'm your brother, I'll understand."

Mikey looked into his brothers eyes, Gerard knew he had to tell someone about his problem. He could no longer talk to Frank without risking ruining everything so he need someone to listen to him process his new life.

"Mikey," Gerard took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "I read this thing in a book about young fertile vampires being changed into humans with the use of something called a glamour. There are certain people who can still see these people are vampires, I believe I am one of these people. There is a boy, you and every other vampire we know would think he's human, but he's not. He's my mate, my somewhat vampire mate."

Mikey stared at his brother, processing the new information. "Okay." Was all the brown haired fertile said. Gerard continued to stair at him, waiting for a response. When no response was received, Gerard let out the breath he did not realize he had been holding.

"Mikey, I need a favor," The young fertile cocked his head, wonder what Gerard could need, "Mikes, I need you to help me cure my mate."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for any stupid spelling/grammer mistakes. I've written this late at night so I plan on editing it tomorrow when I can think straight. I also don't write as well when tired so I apologize if this story is worse that the others, I just wanted to get the next chapter out.

xxoo