Status: Comments mysteriously lead to more frequent, longer updates. Who'da thought?

These Are the Dark Days

Huit

Since watching that movie with Gerard, Frank had been slightly confused. He watched this damsel in distress be taken and dominated by the vampire. The young girl struggled and fought to stay out of the creatures bite. This is what confused Franks.

He wanted to be in the woman's position. Totally in the vampire's control. He fell asleep that night and dreamt he and Gerard were in the black and white movie. He wanted to be totally vulnerable, for Gerard to tell him what to do.

Most of all, he wanted Gerard to bite him.

"But that's wired right?" He pondered to himself late at night, "I am, at the moment at least, human. I should not want sharp fangs plunged into my neck. What is Gerard doesn't want to bite me? At the moment, I look and smell like a human, and I know that repulses Gerard. If I wasn't once a vampire then he would't even waste his time with me. My human 'form' might be so disgusting to Gerard that I could never ask him to bite me. Right?"

Frank did not sleep well that night. He wanted so badly to break this curse that had befallen him but he had no idea how. His mind began to wander back to Gerard.

Maybe Gerard only stayed with Frank because he felt he had to, he had discovered Frank and he might have felt it was his responsibility. Frank wanted Gerard to stay because he loved him, not because he felt he had to. Frank had already tried running away and that didn't seem to work, he would just have to confront Gerard.

He wanted to give Gerard somewhat of a get out of jail free card. He did not want to be Gerard's burden. His heart broke at the thought of losing Gerard.

~***~

It was Saturday morning and Frank, unlike his parents, did not have to work. He was all alone in the house, watching cartoons in his boxers. He had just finished a bowl of dry cereal, wishing he had remembered to get the milk his mother asked for last time he was at work.

There was a soft knock at the door. Frank got up and without looking through the peep hole, swung the door open. He had expected to see Gerard but was shocked when he was not. Instead, a tall, brown haired vampire stood in the doorway. Frank recognized him as the younger prince, Gerard's brother Mikey.

Frank took a few steps back, his eyes wide with fear. He thought for sure that Mikey had found out that a human was taking up so much of Gerard's time. He expected to be dead within the hour.

Mikey smiled kindly, "Relax, Frank. I'm Gerard's brother Mikey." When that failed to calm the small man down, Mikey continued, "Gerard told me everything. About the curse, about how you really are a fertile vampy. So Gerard and I talked and we decided that you and I should get to know each other, we are basically family now."

The real plan was for Mikey to tell Frank all about being a fertile, hoping it would make Frank more confortable with the idea of biting. They both agreed that Mikey and Frank could not really have the heart to heart they were hoping for if Gerard were lurking in the corner.

"Now, go put on some clothes, you and I are going to have some fun!" Frank was now very aware that he was only covered by a think pair of batman boxers. He blushed and let Mikey inside before rushing off to his room to change.

Mikey and Frank then situated themselves on the couch so they were facing each other.

"So Frank, ask me anything." Frank looked down coyly, he had so many questions and he knew Mikey could answer but he did not want to embarrass himself over a lack of knowledge. "Oh come on! Ask me Anything! This will be fun!"

Frank decided to start with the easy questions. "So you drink blood?"

Mikey smiled, glad that Frank was opening up. "Technically yes, but fertiles need such a little amount to survive that I only need a glass or two a month. Then we eat normal human food the rest of the time, it doesn't really help up, it just is sort of habit I guess. Gerard and the all the doms, on the other hand, drink blood constantly. Gallons a day sometimes."

Frank nodded slightly. The questions continued as such for a long time. Frank asked about toys, vampire families, how many of the movie stereotypes were true, and anything else that crossed his mind. Frank was then quiet for a long time.

"What's up Frank?" Mikey asked cautiously.

"I have one more question, but you have to promise never to tell Gerard I've asked this." Frank's sudden serious tone shocked Mikey who sat up and stuck out his pinky and shook Frank's little finger.

"Promise." Mikey whispered, secretly giddy that Frank was trusting him so much.

"Am I a burden to Gerard?" Frank saw that Mikey did not quite understand so he continued. "He say's were mates but here I am, a human. Wouldn't it just be easier for him to find another mate? Someone who is the same species as him?"

Mikey stared at Frank, shocked the Frank didn't understand what being a mate meant to a vampire. "Frank, you and Gerard are mates." He stated simply.

"I know that, I just don't want Gerard to feel trapped by me."

"Okay, you are probably feeling this way because you are not yet a vampire." Mikey explained to a confused Frank. "You see, there is not other mate for Gerard. He's found you and there is no leaving. When a vampire finds his or her special person, they are intertwined forever. It nearly kills Gerard every time he has to leave you, that's why I came here, I saw the pain Gerard was experiencing and hand to see why it was happening. When you become a vampire, you will understand, any feelings you have now for Gerard will be multiplied a hundred fold and then some. It's truly amazing."

Frank felt somewhat better. He watched as Mikey unconsciously pulled down the neck of his T-shirt, exposing a long crescent shaped scar. He absentmindedly scratched at it.

"What's that?" Frankie pointed at the scar, feeling slightly rude but he couldn't help himself. Mikey smiled at the almost God given segway.

"It's a bite scar, my mate Ray gave it to me." Frank nodded dumbly.

"So biting is normal?" Frank questioned, hoping to hear his new interests were not taboo.

"Oh, extremely!" Mikey could not believe his luck! Frank was already thinking about biting, Mikey was such a great brother. Figuring all this out for Gerard. "Honestly, Frank, it would be weird if a fertile did not want to be biten."

Mikey could see the relief wash over Frank's face. "Gerard's downstairs." Mikey states, feeling like his work was done. "I could go get him for you. I bet he's just been down there smoking, probably gone through a pack or two by now."

Frank nodded and said goodbye to Mikey. Before leaving, Mikey made Frank promise that he would come by sometime to meet all of the other fertile, they were going to be such good friends!

~***~

Gerard leaned up against the greying brick of Frank's apartment building. He had been waiting over an hour and a half for Mikey to finish talking to Frank. His last cigarett hung limply in Gerard's mouth, he feared lighting it. Once it was gone, he would have nothing to do while he waited.

The door swung open and out skipped his younger brother. Mikey just smiled at Gerard and winked. "He's all yours bro." stated the young prince before skipping off home, leaving Gerard to find his mate.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really liking the Frank/Mikey relationship. Hope you all do as well!

Comments bring updates!

xxoo