Status: Complete - Thanks for reading

My Dad's a Rockstar?

Chapter 4

Mum had decided to stay at the hotel while we were at the show.

It was about 10 minutes before Avenged went on. We were all backstage as mum had managed to get us backstage passes and Alice had her reporters pass with her.

Me and Alice were getting a drink when I bumped into someone’s chest.

I looked up to look into a pair of chocolate brown eyes.

“I’m so sorry” I told him quickly.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m Brian and you are?” He looked at me and Alice.

“Hey again Brian” Alice smiled.

“Oh hi Alice” He smiled.

“I’m Zara” I said looking down biting my lip.

“You remind me of someone but I can’t think who.”

“Oh. I’ve got to go sorry” I said as I walked about to Lilly, Maddie, Frankie, Jack, Daniel and Rosie.

Brian's POV

I wasn’t looking where I was going when I walked into somebody. I looked at her as she looked up. Our eyes locked and I looked into jade green eyes just like Zacky’s.

“I’m so sorry” She told me quickly.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m Brian and you are?” I looked them both.

“Hey again Brian” Alice smiled.

“Oh hi Alice” I smiled.

“I’m Zara” She said looking down biting her lip.

“You remind me of someone but I can’t think who.”

“Oh. I’ve got to go sorry” She said as she walked away.

I turned to Alice “She reminds me of Zack. With her eyes and how she bites her lip when she’s nervous just like Zack”

Alice looked at me and I knew there was something she wanted to say but she couldn’t.

“Alice what is it?” I asked.

“Promise not to tell anyone anything?”

“I promise” I said as we walked out of hearing range.

“Ok well she’s Zara Valary Baker”

“Wait she’s Zack’s kid?” I was shocked.

“Yeah but don’t say anything”

“I won’t. So does that mean Gena is here?”

“Yeah she’s here in the hotel we’re staying at”

“Does she know about the article?”

“Who? Gena or Zara?”

“Gena”

“Yeah she does and from what I can tell she read it when she was shopping and was meant to get it for Zara but said that there wasn’t any.”

“Wow I wouldn’t have though she would do that”

“Yeah well she did. But Lilly let her read her copy. So they both know. I don’t know how Zack will take it.”

“I don’t. I mean he hasn’t seen her for fourteen years and he believes that he will never see her again.”

“I know. I’ll see you around. Bri”

“Yeah see you around” I smiled as she walked back to Zara. I went into the dressing room and saw Zack sitting looking at the picture of him, Gena, Zara and the two dogs. He would always look at it before a show as if it was to remind him of why he keeps playing.

“Hey man” I sat beside him.

“Hey” He mumbled.

“Come on man she’ll come back to you.” I said putting my arm around his shoulder.

“Bri it’s been fourteen years I can’t see her coming back now.”

“Just keep hoping Zee.”

Zara's POV

I left Alice with Brian and went back to the others.

“Zara? You ok?” Lilly looked at me.

“Yeah I just bumped into Synyster Gates.”

“Wow. I’m guessing Alice is talking to him”

“Yeah”

Alice came back just the show was about to start with the crowd chanting “SEVENFOLD. SEVENFOLD”

“Sorry for leaving you Alice”

“It’s alright Zara. You just bumped into one of your uncles after only finding out not long ago that your favourite band consists of your dad and three uncles”

I smiled at her as Matt, Johnny and Brian came on stage. I wondered where Zacky or should I say dad? Zack will do for now until he knows who I am.

Zack came out just after them as they started to play Beast and the Harlot.

This was my third time seeing them live. All three times with Lilly, Maddie, Rosie, Jack, Daniel and Frankie.

The show was just as amazing as the others. They played Seize the Day, Dear God, Nightmare, Afterlife, Second Heartbeat, Unholy Confessions, So Far Away, A Little Piece Of Heaven and Fiction.

“This next song was written by Zacky for his daughter that he hasn’t seen for fourteen years. This is Danger Line” Matt said into the microphone as the song started.

My sixteen locked and loaded
All fear has been avoided,
You say the words and my weapon is drawn
This one could be my last time
Some people call it "war crime"
I may be staring down a lethal sight
(To die)

Nothing shocks you like a bullet hole
Leaving my fear on the danger line
Suffering no man should never know
Leaving my faith on the danger line

I do this for my family
My daughter loves her daddy
Too many talk down on things they don't know
With colors never faded,
Reckless and unabated
They may take me but never take us all
(I'll crawl)

Nothing shocks you like a bullet hole
Leaving my fear on the danger line
Suffering no man should never know
Leaving my faith on the danger line
I know what you're thinking,
I've been there before

So think of the times,
The time we spent laughing away
So think of the times,
At home
(Life without a care)

Now I find myself in my own blood
(Never thought I'd lie in my own blood)
The damage done is far beyond repair
I never put my faith in up above
(Never had much faith in up above)
But now, I'm hoping someone's there

I never meant to leave this world alone
I never meant to hurt the ones who cared
And all this time I thought we'd just grow old
You know, no one said it's fair

Tell my baby girl that it's alright,
I've sung my last song today
Remind the Lord to leave His light on,
For me...
I'm free


Mom showed up as we were waiting to go backstage. We had gone out to the pit to watch the show.

“Hey mom”

“Hey guys. Did you enjoy the show?”

“Yeah”

“Good”

We had just gone backstage when someone shouted mom’s name.

“Gena?” We looked up to see a blond woman come over to us and pulled mom into a hug.

“Val” Mom hugged her back.

“Oh God it’s been fourteen years”

“Yeah” Mum smiled.

“What are you doing here now?” Val asked.

“Well I brought Zara and her friend to see the guys show”

“Wait Zara as in Zack’s daughter Zara?”

“That would be the one” Mum smiled.

“Which one’s Zara?” Val asked looking over at us. I could feel that the guys had moved back a bit. Val smiled and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back “Zara”

“Auntie Val” I smiled at her.

“Come on the guys are over here” She said as she started walking holding mine and mom’s hands. The others weren’t far behind us as Val walked through the door after she told us to be quiet and wait for her to come back.

Val's POV

I can’t believe Gena is here in New York after fourteen years and with her daughter. Zack’s gonna be so happy.

“Guys?” I smiled as they all looked up at me.

“Yes Vally?” Matt smiled as he came over and wrapped his arms around me.

I looked around to see where Zack was but he wasn’t here. This confused me they were always together after a show for a while and longer when they were meeting fans.

“Where’s Zack?”

“He went straight to the bus why?” Johnny looked confused.

“There are some fans to meet you all and something else that Zack would like” I said as I walked back over to the door.

"I can go get him if you want” Bri smiled.

“No I’ll get him in a bit” I said as I opened the door showing Gena and the others stood there.

“Oh my. Gena?” I smiled at Matt’s shocked face.

“Hey Mattie” She smiled as she walked in.

Johnny was as shocked as Matt but Brian he didn’t seem shocked or surprised.

“You knew didn’t you” I said looking at him.

“Yeah. I bumped into Alice and Zara before the show. Zara left and I was talking to Alice. Zara reminded me of Zack when she’s nervous she bites her lip just like Zack, She has his eyes too.”

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I promised Alice I wouldn’t say anything about it”

“Oh”

Zara's POV

I smiled at mum and Uncle Matt. I couldn’t believe that Alice told Uncle Brian but I’m ok with it. In away he did work it out for himself I guess Alice just confirmed it.

“Uncle Matt?” I said after he had finished giving mum a bear hug.

“Zara?” He smiled as I hugged him.

Uncle Johnny and Uncle Brian came over and hugged me too. “Guys c-c-can’t b-b-breath” I looked at them and smiled as they let me go.

Me, Lilly, Maddie, Alice, Rosie, Jack, Daniel and Frankie sat on the floor while Val was on Matt’s lap. Uncle Brian sat one side of mum while Uncle Johnny was on the other side.

The door opened but none of us thought anything of it as we carried on talking. Until the person spoke.

“Gena?”