Status: new story, I'm busy with college so I'm not sure how updates will be

The Art of Drowning

Prologue

He’s running. He’s running so impossibly fast that he almost forgets what he’s running from.

It seems like he’s going too fast to simply be fleeing a small crime.

Maybe he’s running from his past, from his mistakes and regrets, from failures and the pain he’s caused his loved ones.

He picks up speed, running in no particular direction, with no particular destination.

He just thinks it’d be nice to be able to run so fast that he could escape the very thoughts in his head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn’t seem like long before red and blue lights are flashing in his vision, he knows he’d hear the scream of sirens if it weren’t for the blood pounding in his ears.

He doesn’t stop though, even knowing he can’t out run an engine, he keeps going.

Until a force collides with him, pushing him to the ground and grinding his cheek into the rough gravel, he feels the slow drag of a pebble carving a path in his skin below his left eye, focuses on it as his arms are yanked roughly behind him, cold metal cuffs locking them behind his back.

He’s pulled up from the pavement and crowded into the back of a car, a tear slips down his cheek as he realizes he no longer has pain to distract him from his own mind.

He vaguely hears the low rumble of a cop’s voice telling him if he’s man enough to break the law, he should be man enough to accept the consequences.

He thinks that if he wasn’t drowning, if he could come up for air, he might tell the cop he’s not a man, he’s a monster.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter will be longer, this is just a prologue, if you mibbians care to leave a comment pitching a vote about where you'd like this to go, please do, I welcome your input.