Status: If you are coming back to read the new chapters, reread the first 4. I have changed a few things, mostly just wording. Thank you :)

Hell Is for Children

Chapter Two.

When we got to my apartment on the 11th floor, I tossed my keys onto my kitchen counter and slipped my shoes off. I looked back at Loki who was standing awkwardly behind me. He wasn’t wearing what I would have expected someone from Asgard to be wearing. He looked like he was from Earth. He was wearing faded ripped jeans and a grey t-shirt with a green sweatshirt overtop that was half zipped.

“Do you want me to make you something to eat or drink?” I asked.

“No, thank you,” he said, looking at me.

“Well, go ahead and sit down I guess,” I said, gesturing to my small living room. It consisted of a pink floral loveseat and a red recliner. In the corner was a small television that I hardly ever used.

“I’ll stand for this, you might want to sit,” he said in a soft voice. I gave him a weird look.

I probably just let my stalker in and he’s going to kill me know, I thought to myself.

“I’m okay standing,” I said in a strong voice. Loki sighed, but nodded and closed his eyes.

When he opened them again, his appearance started to change. His closed shimmered away, and were replaced with a green cloak and silver and gold armor. A giant, gold horned helmet formed on his head, and a large staff in his hand that looked sharp. When it looked like he was done with his silly glamour, he looked into my eyes. My mouth had fallen open, and I brought my left hand up to cover it. My knees felt like they couldn’t hold my weight and I stumbled back, finding the recliner. I sat, just staring at him in disbelief. It was true then. Everything he said. I was a daughter of a spawn of the Devil and I had a special power.

Tears started to form in my eyes. Why? I had no idea. Maybe because I finally had an answer. All my life I wanted to know the names of my parents, who they were. I may not have their names, but I know someone who knew them. I may finally have my answers. Maybe I could even get off of Earth. I had been given the short end of the rope for most of my life.

Living with two or three other foster kids in a home where only one parent is home at a time, getting the attention I needed was hard. Thinking I could find it in relationships with boys didn’t work. They always said I was needy, so I gave up on that. I became a loner after my sixth foster home. I was close to giving up, thinking that life wasn’t worth it.

The tears started to spill over my eye lids, and I put my hands over my face and leaned over. I felt arms around my and pull my to my feet. I was expecting to feel cold armor, but I felt the softness of a shirt. I pulled away and saw Loki dressed in his normal clothes again. He squeezed me closer and put his hand on the back of my head, cradling it.

“Its okay Monroe,” he whispered in my ear, sending chills through my body. I don’t know how long we stood there, but I stopped crying almost immediately, it just felt so nice to be hugged like this. Loki was rubbing my back slowly and he pulled away a little. I couldn’t look up at him, I felt like I didn’t deserve to. “Do you want me to make you tea?” he asked in a slow, soft voice. I nodded against his chest. Loki let go of me and set me down slowly and walked into my kitchen.

A few minutes later, the tea kettle went off, making me jump. “Mon? What kind of tea?” Loki asked from the kitchen.

“Earl Grey,” I told him. Loki came into the living room a moment later with a steaming cup of tea. With two teabags, just the way I liked my tea; super strong.

“How are you feeling?” he asked, sitting on the love seat that was facing me.

“I’ve been better,” said, bringing the tea up to my face, letting the steam engulf me.

“I know that it’s a lot to take in Monroe, and I am willing to give you as much time as you need. I am also willing to answer any questions you may have.”

I sat there for a few minutes, breathing in the hot steam before I asked, “Why isn’t Thor with you?” My tea had cooled enough that I could stand a small sip. Loki’s mouth turned into a thin line before he answered.

“He is busy doing other things and you were always closer to me than you were to him,” he said, drinking his tea.

“Why did it take so long for you to come find me? Its been fifteen years! I don’t even know when my birthday is! All that witch told them was my age! The orphanage named me and gave me a random birthday. Asked me what month I wanted to be born in, I had no idea what they were talking about! I’ve lived in hell, you would never know!” My voice was rising, and I didn’t want it to, “Why couldn’t you have come for me when I was younger?” I whispered.

“Because it took this long to find you,” Loki set his cup down and sat forward in his chair. “Odin told everyone to forget you, that you were just a hindrance. I couldn’t forget you though. I wanted to look for you so bad, but Odin told me I was too young. So when I got older, I started the hunt. I went back to that witch and asked where she took you. It took over a year before she finally, finally gave it up. I came to Earth many times, searching for you, going back to the orphanage and it took so much convincing to finally get your records. I traveled the whole country, looking for you Monroe,” his eyes never left mine as he spoke. I almost wanted to cry again, but I took another sip of my tea.

“How did you find me on the boardwalk?” I asked after a few minutes of silence. I set my cup down on the table next to me and pulled my legs up to my chest.

“I found a picture of you in your newest folder, and it said you were in Seattle. How I was going to find you, I had no idea,” he let out a chuckle, “But I was walking around down there and I saw you. I knew it was you, even with your wacky hair, I felt it,” he sat forward and took my hand quickly, “In here,” he pressed my hand up against his chest, over his heart. I felt his fast heartbeat under my palm. “And I promise you, Monroe, I’m going to do everything in my power to lift that block from your mind.”

I was speechless. His blue eyes never leaving mine, he was really close to me, an hour ago I would have thought that this was uncomfortable, but now, it seemed like it was the most normal thing in the world to do.

“What’s my real name?” I asked in a whispered. I was afraid that if I talked too loud, he would vanish.

“It’s always been Monroe. You were named after your mother,” he whispered back. I bit my lip and looked down. “I’m assuming that wasn’t the answer you wanted.”

“I was hoping I had some cool goddess name,” I said with a small smile. Loki dropped his hand from mine and pushed a pink strand of hair behind my ear. My hand stayed on his chest for a moment and I dropped it slowly.

“I guess we’ll have to make your name into goddess material.” he sat back slowly in his chair and grabbed his tea. I copied him and took a big drink.

“So how long are you staying here? I mean… I don’t know what I mean,” I said, looking down at my cup. I felt my cheeks grow warm.

“I’m staying as long as I need too. Unless you would like me to find my own place, then I am only staying a few nights.”

“No Loki, you can, um, stay with me. I don’t have an extra bed though, so I don’t know where you’d sleep,” I could feel my face growing warmer.

“I assume sharing a bed with you is out of the question.”

“Follow me,” I said, getting up. He followed me down the hall to my bedroom and I opened the door to reveal my twin sized bed.

“Ah. Looks like we’re getting you a new bed tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! Comment/Rec/Subscribe! Love you all! Feedback is always appreciated!

xoxo
J