Status: If you are coming back to read the new chapters, reread the first 4. I have changed a few things, mostly just wording. Thank you :)

Hell Is for Children

Chapter Eight.

I woke up sprawled across the bed with my arm hanging off the edge. I sat up and stretched and rubbed my eyes. I got out of bed and saw that it was only 9 in the morning. I opened my closed door... Why is is closed? I suddenly smelled eggs and bacon and other spices and smells. I walked to the kitchen and saw Loki.

That’s when I remembered that he was here and everything that happened last night. He was wearing sweatpants and his v-neck again. He looked up from the stove and smiled at me.

“Good morning,” he said.

“Ho. Did you get better at cooking?” I asked, sitting at the island.

“I like to think I did,” he said, dishing up eggs, hash browns, bacon and french toast. He set it in front of me and started making his plate.

“I will never be able to finish this,” I said with a small smile. Loki shrugged and sat down next to me. We ate quietly for a while and it was really peaceful. “What is she like?”

“Just like any other witch I suspect. Gross and evil,” he shrugged.

“Should I be scared of her? Will I have to fight her?” I asked.

“No to both. I will protect you,” Loki said, looking over at me. I nodded and finished as much as I could of my food.

“Do I need to pack clothes?”

“No, I will provide you with Asgardian garments,” he said, finishing his meal. “Are you ready to leave?”

“Like, 20 minutes. Let me wake up,” I laughed.

22 minutes later, we were leaving. I turned everything off and said goodbye to my apartment like it was the last time I was going to be there. We traveled to the field on the outskirts of Seattle. Loki called up to Heimdall and the rainbow road picked us up and we were soaring through space.

We landed and I nodded at the gatekeeper as we walked down the road.

“Where is she?” I asked.

“In the hills. We will be there soon,” he said and swooped me up into his arms.

“I can walk,” I told him.

“But this is more fun,” he smiled at me and pressed his lips to my forehead.

It seemed to take forever, but we made it there. We moved faster when we walked on my own two feet. Shocker.

It was a small cottage in the trees, but the lights were on, making it glow. The closer we got, the sicker I felt. My stomach twisted and my eyesight faltered. When we were about 10 feet from the front door, my head was pounding and I doubled over.

“Mon? Monroe! Can you hear me?” Loki asked.

“Yes. It hurts. Everything hurts. I cant see,” I cried as the wind started to pick up.

“You’ll be okay, I’m right here Mon,” I heard him say and he picked me up.

I heard a door open and slam shut and I was warmer. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears.

“What is wrong with her?” I heard Thor ask.

“She fell over outside, saying everything hurt. She cant see,” Loki said and I was placed on my back on something soft and cushion like.

“Oh she’s fine,” I heard a scratchy, old woman’s voice say.

“What did you do?!” Loki shouted.

“She’s too close to me,” she sang. I tried to open my eyes, but ever when I did, everything was black.

“Take the cure off of her,” Thor commanded.

“No! It’s for her own good! Her power is too strong. Besides, the only way to break the curse is to kill me.”

“Fine,” I heard Loki say.

“But!” she shouted, “If you do, every other creature I’ve cursed or damned will be free. I’ve stopped a lot of evil things from attacking Asgard. You kill me, and you’re looking at so many wars”

“Forget it,” I panted. Everything was so painful. It felt like I was being cut and stabbed and pinched and torn apart-- all at once.

I coulnt stop grunting and moaning. Me having powers wasn't worth the wat and bloodshed that would come with her death.

“We could use her as a weapon against them,” Thor said.

“Killing me could potentially kill her as well. She’s had that power locked up all of these years. She hasn’t learned how to use it and harness the power. She could kill herself, or someone else in her sleep! That girl is dangerous, just leave her the way I left her!”

“How do I know you arent just saying that to get out of us killing you?” Thor asked.

“You should trust me you buffoon!” she shouted.

“Loki,” I whispered. I said his name louder but I couldnt hear him moving. Or anything. I was grabbing my stomach and still groaning in pain. It felt like cramps but so much worse. “Please,” I whispered.

“Say goodbye witch!” I heard Thor say and I passed out.

I opened my eyes and I saw a white ceiling. I turned my head to the right and I saw my closet. My head felt like it had been hit by a rock. I sat up slowly and saw that I was wearing my black oversized t-shirt and old basketball shorts.

Did Alec spend the night? Wait, do I have to go to work today? I rolled out of bed and walked to the kitchen. I saw Thor and Loki sitting at the counter quietly. It all came back to me.

They killed the witch and now that block is gone. I must have passed out because I don't remember getting home. Does this mean I have my powers now?

Loki saw me first and he sat up straighter and gave me a small smile. Thor turned as well, then I saw Alec coming around the corner. He ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

“Are you feeling better?” he asked.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“You’ve been gone for two weeks. I came to see if you were home a few days ago and your friend said you got really sick and you’ve been out for a few days babe.”

“Alec-”

“Shhh, it's okay, I’m here,” he said, hugging me.

Go. Away.

“I have to go though, I have to go to work,” he let me go and walked to the door without further notice.

“What happened? He said he was going to stay until you were 100 percent better,” Thor said, looking from the door to me.

“I told him to go away in my head,” I said quietly. I cant believe it worked.

“You have your powers back Mon!” Loki exclaimed and got up to hug me but I slapped his face. I took a step closer to Thor and slapped him too.

“I told you not to do it! Now there are things that want to attack Asgard!”

“But now we have you, Monroe. You were able to tell Alec to go away with your mind. Can you imagine what you can do fromt here? You could help us defeat them,” Thor said.

I imagined Thor’s chair turning into sand. A second later, he fell into a pile of sand. Loki laughed and helped his brother up.

“Very funny,” Thor said, but I saw his lips curl into a tiny, almost nonexistent smile.

“Mon, go change so that we can go to Asgard,” Loki said. I nodded slowly and walked to my room. Loki appeared behind me.

“What are you doing?”

“Do you remember?” he asked. I gave him a confused look. “Think Mon, close your eyes and try to remember your childhood.”

“Loki, that's not normal even for normal humans.”

“Close your eyes,” he said, grabbing my hands. I sighed and closed my eyes. I tried to go back to my first memories. I remember the orphanage, and the kids.

Dig deeper. I heard Loki’s voice in my head.

How? I asked.

I suddenly saw gold steps and giant stone columns. I saw a boy with black hair and a green shirt. His hand was outstretched to a girl with light brown hair and a sky blue dress.

“Monroe,” the boy’s voice echoed in my head. “Will you be my queen when I am King of Asgard?”

“Only when you are: Loki, King of the Nine Realms,” little me giggled. The boy kissed the girl’s nose.


The memory vanished and I opened my eyes and Loki’s eyes were still closed.

“How do I know that was real?” I whispered.

“I wouldnt lie to you,” he said softly.

“You just want me to make you king,” I said, letting go of his hands.

“No, Monroe, I just wanted you to see that. I’ve always...”

I froze his vocal chords. I didn't want to hear him anymore.

“I’m not going back to Asgard for you. I’m going to help save Asgard,” I said. Loki’s face fell but he nodded and left my room. I released his vocal chords as he walked to the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I posted this already?

Thank you for reading, and comments would be awesome, I love comments. They're the reason I keep writing to be honest :) So please recommend and stuff :)

I also changed my username, so...

XOXO
L