Holes 2

Chapter 1

Cat was a fairly normal girl. Like most 17 year olds in her small town in Tennessee, she had a good life, good family. Her dad was the mayor and seemed to be God himself. Her mom nurtured her own farm with her horse, Betsy, and had a nice piece of land where she cared for fruits for a quarter of an acre, selling them off to the people in the town. For as intelligent as they were. Her parents were clueless when it came to her friends.

It seemed to be that nobody exactly liked her for who she was accept the ones who smoked, stole, drank, and got their hands on just about anything they could. For as much of a good girl Cat was, she did not seem like she would fit in with such a tough crowd. Often times, she was competing with herself, making decisions that would either please her friends or do the opposite, what every parent’s wet dream is. In nearly every situation, she goes with her moral, which means that her parents are very proud.

If she ever got in trouble with the law, she couldn’t live with herself. The shame that she would bring to her family. She just couldn’t stand the idea, especially because of her father’s working position.

Cat sat on a bench in front of the CVS with her best friend, Gordie, and her other pretty close friends, Doug, Jessie, LouAnn, and Brix. It was a boiling hot day. Couldn’t have been less than 100 degrees.

Jessie unscrewed her stolen, cold, water bottle and took a nice gulp of it. The others looked at her drinking it. Almost although they didn’t know what it was.

Brix put a cigarette in his mouth. He was definitely the toughest one in the group. Rumor had it that he beat someone to death at a bar when he went up to New York but no evidence was passed.
“Yo, LouAnn, you got one of them lighters?” She took hers out of her pocket and lit it for him, looking at his lips when she was done. “God damn it, guys. Why are we out here? It’s hot as shit.”

Gordie looked at him, annoyed. “I hope that was a fucking rhetorical question. You know why we stay out here. We go inside, anywhere, we’re accused of some crime.”

“Have you ever considered that smoking only makes the heat worse, Brix?” Cat just kept staring out into space.

“Don’t bullshit me, bitch. You know I have to smoke.”

“Well then don’t complain about it being so hot.”

Standing up, Brix walked over to Cat and squatted right in front of her. He breathed in a large amount of smoke and blew it in her face. Cat closed her eyes and scrunched her face from the deathly smell. The smoke being the only thing that she was able to see for a few seconds.

He then stood up, threw it into the street, and walked back to where he was previously sitting. MaryAnn took her hand in his and rested her head on his chest.

“Jesus, Brix. Why can’t you just pretend to be a gentleman some times? Right now, you’re being a soft pussy.” Gordie looked at Cat to make sure she was ok, and turned to Brix.

“I’m being a soft pussy? Do you talk to your mother that way? I bet your deceased father is rolling in his fucking grave right now.”

Gordie lost his ability to breathe as he stood up and ran over to Brix, taking him by the collar. Beside Gordie, Brix looked like a weak link. He was strong and worked out while Mr. tough guy just sat around, doing nothing. “You want to talk about my family one more time? I will fucking burn you.”

As fearful as Brix looked at that moment, he brought himself back into his body, and gave Gordie a little air kiss. It pissed him off so much. Gordie lifted his whole arm and made his hand into a fist.

Just as he was about to throw a punch, MaryAnn lifted her hand in the air in mercy. “Chill out Gordie. It’s hot out. Just about anything will make you guys fight. Calm down.”

Cat sat up straight. “MaryAnn is right. It’s not worth it.”

Jessie put her hands in her crossed legs. “Easy for you to say Ms. Please, MaryAnn. Ya’ll have someone to care for. I’d like to see a fight between the two of them. This damn town is boring as hell.”

“I don’t have anyone.”

“Oh, no? Gordie, how do you feel about your girlfriend saying that?”

Gordie let out an awkward laugh. Cat was furious. “I’m not his girlfriend.”

Laughing like an idiot, Brix pointed out his finger. “KitKat is right. She doesn’t have a boyfriend. She doesn’t believe in sex until marriage. Ms. Perfect won’t do anything that would disturb the balance of life. She can’t commit crimes.”

“I can too!” Cat stood up in anger. “I could go into this store right now and burn it to the ground with just two fingers.”

Doug giggled without too much of a sound. It was typical of him, he never spoke but when he made the smallest of sounds, it would startle everyone.

“Yeah Doug, you would laugh at something like that, wouldn’t you?”

MaryAnn sighed. “You aren’t going have Brix’s trust. You want to prove it? Go do it.”

“No! I have morals that I won’t dismiss just because the big bad wolf tries to intimidate me. No, I’m going home now.”

Brix cupped his hands around his mouth and screamed at her when she was walking in the parking lot. “Have fun in your air-conditioned house where all your dreams come true. Don’t get your panties in a twist.”

She turned back to face him. “Go smoke a blunt, asshole.”

“Gladly, lonely virgin.”

Once Cat got home, she went into the kitchen and grabbed a water out of the fridge. She didn’t realize her mother was in there until she took a large sip out of the precipitated bottle.

“Hi Catherine. Would you like to go to the pool with me today?” She looked nothing like her mother. While she had dark brown wavy hair, her mom had blonde straight hair with several highlights. Cat was 5’4, her mom was 5’1.

Cat threw her bottle on the table. “No mom.”

“No need to add attitude.”

“Can you blame me? It’s hot.”

“Which is why I asked you if you wanted to go.”

Cat took a washcloth, got it wet, and splotched it all over her face and neck. “Well then no thank you. I’d rather stay in the air conditioning and shade.”

Her mom picked up her keys and purse. “Suit yourself then.” And she left the house.

It took Cat a moment to cool down. She drank the rest of her water and headed to her room and face planted onto her bed.

Only a couple of seconds later until she lifted her head from a squeaky sound from somewhere in her house. Couldn’t have been her mom or dad, and just the thought of it being the horse was enough for her to leave it a funny thought. She was all alone, and yet in the company of something.

As quietly as she possibly could, she walked up to the door. Right before she opened it, the handle turned and began to open. Her heart raced as she moved away from the door only to find that it was Gordie.

His light brown hair could be seen through the little slit he had made between the door and wall. Cat grabbed her towel from her chair and twisted it. As soon as Gordie walked into the room, she hit him hard in the stomach with it and began laughing while he held his stomach in surprise.

“Jesus Cat. What was that for?”

“For scaring the shit out of me.” She gave him a hug, not letting go. Gordie held her in his chest and kissed her head.

Finally, he pushed her away lightly and took off his shirt, showing off his amazing body with an amazing six pack. She looked at it in hypnosis and after a few seconds, she looked into his eyes.
“When are we going to tell the others about us?”

“Honestly, I don’t want those fuckers to know. Plus, if we tell your parents.”

“My parents won’t know. They don’t have to know. Even if they do, that’s hot. Dating a guy that your parents don’t quite approve of?”

Gordie dropped his head. “Easy for you to say. Guys don’t like putting up with parent’s shit. Keep it secret?”

Cat traced the lines of his lips. “Sure, I’ll keep you my dirty little secret.”

Gordie kissed her on the lips and made it down to her neck very slowly. With the romance that was in the air, he lifted her shirt up to show her black lacey bra. He picked her up and brought her to her bed where he massaged her stomach and gave her some more sweet kisses.

Before they could go any farther, the doorbell rang. Both of them sighed and got off the bed. Cat picked her shirt off of the floor and put it back on while she walked out into the hallway and to the front door.

There were two men in police uniforms. “Hi, can I help you officers?”

“Cat Tessy, you are under arrest.”

Cat’s eyes widened. Never had she been arrested before. “For what?”

One of the cops lifted a plastic bag which contained a beautiful chrystal necklace with a blue diamond in the middle.

There was nothing for her to do but laugh out of uneasiness. “Woah, there is no way that I stole that. I’ve never stolen anything in my life!”

One cop took handcuffs off of his belt and connected them together behind her back. “You can’t do this!”

“Anything you do or say can and will be held against you in court.”

Gordie came running into the room screaming. “You can’t take her away!”

“Do you know who she is?”

The cop with the necklace responded to him. “Son, currently, I don’t care who she is. She committed a crime.”

“You have no proof!”

“We have it on tape, we found the necklace on that table right over there, and her friends ratted her out. I think we have plenty of proof.” He turned away and walked out of the house to the car where Cat was being thrown in.

A few days had passed and she was still sitting in a jail cell. Today was the day that she would be able to talk to the people of the court and prove her innocence. That’s the only thing she wanted to do. Her parents must have been so upset at her when they found out. Not once did they come to see their daughter.

A cop came to the cell and opened it, chained her up and held her arm to make sure she wouldn’t run.

Cat looked up at him. “I’m not a murderer you know. You can let me off the dog leash and I won’t leave your side. I’ll be the most loyal bitch you’ve ever had.”

He shrugged his shoulders. “I guess. You wouldn’t have anywhere to go.” She let her go.

There were about fifty people in the court. Two of them being her parents, one being Gordie. He looked at her sorrowfully saying, “I’m sorry.”

After the biggest bullshit trial Cat had ever heard of, the judge slammed his hammer of power on the desk. “Cat Tessy, the people find you guilty. I know you’ve never had a record of criminal behavior but something does need to happen. You can have 18 months at camp Green Lake or jail.”

“A camp? I’m down with that.”

“Cat Tessy, 18 months at Camp Green Lake it is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Comments and Subscribers. Please tell me what could be changed. What do you like about it? What do you not like?