Frozen

Frozen

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
How many times can I say it until you believe me?
I’M SORRY!

The truth is, I never did stop loving you. I just didn’t want to hurt you. And now look at what I’ve done! All this rubbish about the power of love! What did it mean? What power? The power to kill someone you cared about? That was lethal power. It was a stupid child with ‘the power of love’ and not knowing how to use it properly.

I kiss you. I kiss you. I kiss you.
Wake up sleeping beauty.
I KISS YOU!

And you do not move. You’re frozen and cold. Come back to me. And what about fairy tales and happy endings? Isn’t this when you’re meat to magically open your eyes and forgive me. Tell me everything is going to be alright. And that you love me too. Why does reality have to be so cruel and harsh? I place my hand on your cheek.

Ice. Ice. Ice.
You’re once warm soft flesh now cold.
Hard, frozen, ICE!

I place my head in my hands. Tears roll down my cheeks. I’m sorry I left you, I was going to come back, I swear! I didn’t know that this could happen. I didn’t know that your suffering could make this happen. Everything is frozen! And you, my love, are frozen too. A way of dealing with the hurt? I question. I didn’t even know this was possible! You’re frozen in time, the moment you realised you could not live without me – you stopped living. And your tears! They’re frozen too. The last one falls, no it doesn’t fall. It crashes, like ice hitting the ground.

I suffer. I suffer. I suffer.
And then like you, I freeze. No longer willing to live.
I’m sorry.