Status: Complete!

Wasted Nights

Connections

I walked through the arena to go pick up Geno from practice. Victoria walked beside me. She felt like such a big girl since she got to walk by herself to go pick up her dad. We walked out to the ice to see some of the guys still practicing. I noticed Geno was still on the ice so Victoria and I took a seat. Victoria hopped on to my lap. I looked on to the ice when I looked into piercing blue eyes. I knew those blue eyes very well, I used to wake up every morning to those eyes. It was Jordan Staal, standing right in front of me. If the glass wasn't there I could have touched him. I cleared my throat and got up with Victoria. "Come on honey, let's go wait for daddy at the change rooms." I said to my sweet little girl.

"Okay mommy!" she said before skipping away. Jordan must have noticed me leaving for the change room because he skated away quickly. I finally caught up with Victoria at the dressing rooms. I was about to open the door to go into the room with my daughter when I was grabbed and pulled into a closet.

"Holy shit. What do you think you're doing?" I exclaimed. I looked up into piercing blue eyes. Jordan had grabbed me. I haven't spoken to Jordan since the night my daughter was conceived. Jordan had a sad look on his face. I has been a very long time since I have seen the happy twinkle in his eye that I was so used to seeing. Jordan had dated other girls since I got married but he never seemed happy.

"Look, I'm sorry Lex. I just really need to talk to you. I miss you so much. Things ended so suddenly with us, are you really happy in your marriage?" Jordan asked me. He missed me. If he had said those words to me three years ago, I wouldn't be married right now. I cleared my throat. Was I happy with my marriage? I love my daughter, nothing will ever change that. But things with me and Geno moved so quickly and lately we have been very distant.

"I don't know. I just, I don't. He doesn't even look at me the same way since I told him." I said. I was mostly thinking out loud but Jordan understood.

"What did you tell him? Are you pregnant again?" Jordan asked me. There was a sense of fear in his voice. Almost like if I was pregnant, he wouldn't have a chance.

"No, god no! We haven't had sex in months. I told him that Summer and I might open a chain of dance studios which would involve me moving to Los Angeles." I explained. I remember telling Geno, like it was yesterday.

Flashback

"Okay, Lex, what is the news?" Evgeni asked. I had told him that I had a big surprise for him when he got back from his road trip.

"Okay, Summer and I might open a chain of dance studios. That would involve me moving away though." I explained to him. The excitement was in my voice. I looked at him eagerly for a reaction. He looked very angry. He got up and walked down the hall and slammed our bedroom door. I got up and made my way down the hall. Upon entering the bedroom I noticed he was throwing my clothes out of the closet. "Evgeni! What and the hell do you think you are doing?" I shouted.

"If you want to move away from our family, I will help you!" he shouted. I walked into the closet and stood in front of him.

"I am not running away from our family. Do not ever say that! I love you both! This is such an amazing opportunity though. I wanted to talk to you about it." I said and screamed to him. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"I want another baby so you have to stay." He said. He has this sense of pride when he said it. Like he was the only one who has ever tried to convince me that a baby will fix it all.

"No, that will not make me stay. We are not having this conversation because this conversation was the ONLY reason I left Jordan." I shouted. Then I walked out of the closet and slammed the door behind me.

End of Flashback

"I love you Jordan!" I blurted out. Where did that come from. I guess I still had unresolved feelings towards him. He pulled me into a kiss. I didn't pull away because he treated me differently than Evgeni. Evgeni kissed me roughly, like all he wanted was sex. Jordan kissed me lovingly, like he wanted to make all of my hurt go away.

"I love you too. Please can we secretly give us a try again?" He asked me. He was almost begging me.

"I would love that." I said. I took his hand and squeezed it.

"How about I take you out tonight at seven?"

"Sure, I will get a babysitter since Geno will be out drinking most likely."

*********************************************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****************************************************************************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I left the closet with Jordan I went into the locker room and got Victoria. The drive home with Geno was quiet. Most encounters with him were quiet now. Once I got home he took a shower and got ready to go out. I explained to him that I was going out with Summer, knowing that she would cover for me no questions asked. He called a babysitter. I went into the closet and pulled out a short cream dress. Jordan would love that dress so I decided to wear it. I curled my hair so it was loose. I applied some smokey make up. I glanced at the clock. 6:58. Shit! I threw on some black lacy underwear and lacy cream strapless bra. Then I threw on the dress. I walked out of the bedroom to see Geno in the kitchen with Sid. "Okay, I'm, going." I hollered. Geno didn't say anything, let alone glance up and look at me. I ran out to the car. "Hey, Jordy!" I exclaimed before kissing his cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the second chapter! Comment and let me know if you want me to continue! I will be posting a Tyler Seguin story and a Jordan Eberle story very soon. Comment and Subscribe.