Sequel: Our Love Is Real
Status: Complete, but there is a sequel!

Is This Real or Just Pretend?

How Could You?

Quinn's POV

3 Months Later

I woke up to a loud banging on my bedroom door, not the apartment door, the bedroom door. I dragged myself out of bed and slowly made my way to the door. I grabbed one of Tyler's hockey sweaters and reached for the door knob. Just as I was reaching for the door knob the door swung open. I was greeted by a very upset looking Miranda. She flung herself into my arms and started sobbing. I looked over my shoulder to see Tyler standing a few feet away with a confused look on his face. I gave him a 'what the hell is going on' look and he shrugged. I patted Miranda's back. "He's cheating on me Quinn, I caught him." She said in between sobs. I hugged her even tighter. I knew what it was like to be cheated on, it's a terrible feeling. You start to wonder if you aren't good enough, if you aren't pretty enough, if people don't like you.

"Sweetie, I am so sorry. Why don't you sit down on the couch while I make some coffee, okay?" She nodded her head. I gave Tyler a look telling him that he should leave but Miranda shook her head.

"No, I want him to stay. I need him to know why he is kicking Brad's ass." Tyler laughed and led Miranda over to the couch. I went into the kitchen and started making coffee. Tyler sauntered into the kitchen and leaned on the counter.

"This doesn't surprise me at all Quinn. Ever since we won the cup he has been taking partying too seriously." Tyler stated. He had an angry look on his face. Since we began dating, Tyler and Miranda became really good friends. That was great for me since I love them both. Watching the man I love hoist the cup over his head was the most emotional moment of my life with him. But he is right, Brad has changed. Him and Miranda became more distant, he also started treating her differently. There would be nights when I would call Miranda and you could hear Brad screaming in the background. He called her a lot of terrible names too, maybe this is the final push for her to get out of the relationship.

"I know, I felt like this was coming too. Did you know that he calls her a whore almost every day. I can't believe he treats her like that." I said. I was literally dumbfounded over the way Brad has changed. He wasn't even happy when Tyler and I announced our engagement. Today was the day that Tyler, Miranda and I were going to look at wedding dresses. I wanted Tyler to be there to see them, just he couldn't see the dress though.

"Is this going to ruin dress shopping babe, cause if it is I will go kill the man." Tyler said. He was really looking forward to getting me a wedding dress since it is July and we are getting married in October before the regular season starts.

"I really don't know. We just have to talk to her about it. Let's go Mr. Seguin, get that cute ass out of the kitchen." Tyler smirked at me and laughed.

"Have you been checking out my ass Quinn?" He said with a shit eating grin on his face. I shook my head and walked past him.

"Okay, Miranda we are all ears. Tell us what happened." I said as I set a mug in front of her.

"I will make this brief because we have to go dress shopping. We had a fight last night, I finally stood up to him and told him to stop calling me a whore. He started yelling at me about how he calls it like he sees it and that I am probably cheating on him. I told him to go fuck himself and I walked out. I went shopping. When I came back I noticed that there was a bra on the floor but I didn't think anything of it because I had the same bra. I walked into our bedroom and he was fucking some red haired tramp. He didn't even stop when he saw me. He finished and she left. He found me sitting on the kitchen floor blasting 'The Fray' on the laptop. He told me to get out and I reminded him that I helped pay the rent. He then told me that there were others and I told him that I was pregnant. He got super pissed off, when I was standing up to go into the bedroom to burn the sheets he pushed me over. So I left." She explained. Tyler and I exchanged confused looks. She was pregnant! He is such an asshole.

"He pushed you?" Tyler said, his blood boiling. "You should never lay on finger on a girl in a hurtful way." Tyler got up and walked out of the room.

"Miranda, we don't have to go dress shopping today, let's just stay home." I said. I felt the tears run down my cheeks. How could he do something like that to her? "You can stay here for however long you want."

"Quinn, he hurt me, it happened. I don't want him to have my freedom, we are going dress shopping. Can I take a shower and borrow some clothes?" She asked. She is so strong. I nodded my head. She got up and went into the bathroom. I walked into my bedroom to get her some clothes. I noticed Tyler was on the phone. I walked into the closet and grabbed some skinny jeans, a purple shirt and a gray cardigan. I left them outside the bathroom door. I got dressed in a blue sundress. I came out of our bathroom to find Tyler yelling at the phone.

"How could you man? We are supposed to be best friends, if something is going on talk to me. Do not ever push your girlfriend. If you ever hurt her again, I will kick your ass." He said before hanging up the phone.

"Baby, everything okay?" I asked while walking up behind him. He shook his head to say yes. I wrapped my arms around his waist. "If something is bothering you, you can tell me."

"You know I would never lay a hand on you, right?" He asked me.

"Of course, Ty, I know. Now get dressed, we have shopping to do!"

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Hi! My name is Audrey, I will be your bridal consultant today!" A cheery brunette greeted us at the bridal salon. She was maybe thirty years old and very pregnant. "Who is the bride?"

"That's me! I'm Quinn Shepard, this is my fiance Tyler and my maid of honor Miranda!" I said.

"Nice to meet you and congratulations! So would we like the fiance to see the wedding dress we choose?" she asked.

"Oh, no. If I feel like I have found the dress, he can't see it."

"Okay, now as far as a budget, where do we stand? Also what style were you thinking?"

"For the budget I was thinking 10,000 tops. I really like the sweetheart neckline and fit and flare."

"Okay, and when is the wedding?"

"Saturday, October 1st, this year."

"Okay, lets go try on some dresses." She said leading me to a dressing room. About an hour later I had tried on five dresses and I felt hopeless. Then I tried on a dress with beading and ruching. It was beautiful.

"I think you should tell Tyler he can't see this one." I said as happy tears filled my eyes. After Tyler went to the lobby I walked out to show Miranda.

"Ohh, wow Quinn. This is beautiful."

"I think this is the dress!" I said still crying as Miranda engulfed me in a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe!