Status: Complete, but there is a sequel!

Will It Last?

Fate

Flashback

I was walking down the halls at my new high school. I didn't know anybody. I was looking at the map the school had provided for me. Why had my parents decided to move now? It was halfway through the school year. But they couldn't have waited, they were just tired of small town Manitoba. All of a sudden I walked into something hard. I looked up to see the most beautiful blue eyes. Of course I would walk into a cute guy on my first day! The guy smiled. He had a really cute gap in his teeth. "Are you lost? I'm Jordan. Do you need any help?" The guy asked me.

"Yeah, actually I just moved to Regina and I am new here so.... I am lost." I replied back to him. Why was I sweating? I barely even knew this guy and I was already this nervous.

"Well I can help you find your way. Can I see your schedule?" He asked with a reassuring expression. Jordan seemed very different from the guys I grew up around. I grew up in Anola, Manitoba. The town was so small that the guys there would try to have sex with every single girl in town.

"I'm Ali by the way." I said to Jordan. He looked into my eyes, I could get lost in those eyes.

"Wait Ali, we had a date last week. We have class together this period. Let me lead the way. By the way you look really beautiful." He said before he grabbed my hand and dragged me down the hallway.

Present Day

"Ali, here are your pancakes. Are you okay?" Jordan said to me while he was handing me a plate of pancakes over the island. He looked worried. I really did not want him to worry about me but ever since I came back from Boston he has seemed cautious around me.

"Jordan, I am fine. Stop worrying about me. I may be 7 months pregnant with twins but I also don't need to wear hazard lights everywhere I go. I am not going to get hurt." I said to Jordan. I am only pregnant, he doesn't need to be this worried about me.

"Well Doctor Adams said that around 7 months you would start to feel light headed if you didn't start drinking enough water." I looked up at Jordan, he could tell I was getting annoyed.

"Jordan, the only thing you need to worry about is painting half of the nursery blue and half of it pink. Okay, I am fine. I was just thinking."

"What were you thinking about babe?" I looked up at him. Was I meant to walk into him that day in the hallway. Were we meant to fall in love with each other?

"Do you think we were meant to be together? Like fate brought me to you?" I asked him. He looked about me for a second. Then I heard Mackenzie move on the couch. I swear that girl will take naps anywhere, she got the couch idea from her Uncle Taylor.

"I think that we were meant to fall in love with each other, yes. I am very happy we met. If you weren't so clumsy and walked into me that day I wouldn't be the same person I am right now. Why do you ask?"

"Oh I was just remembering that day in the hall. I feel really lucky to have you and Mackenzie. Now sooner or later I will also have Sean and Alexis. Just looking back on the memories." He laughed, probably remembering that day in the hall too.

"We have some pretty great memories." Jordan said while going to wake Mackenzie up.

'I can't believe it took me so long to recognize you that day in the hall though. I mean we had just gone out the week before."

"Well you were so busy with the move and starting at a new school so it really isn't that surprising. Ugh, Mackenzie you are getting so big. When are you going to walk to you're high chair by yourself?" Mackenzie just giggled at Jordan and never said anything.

"Jordan she is only ten months old. Plus she is stubborn, do you really expect her to answer that question?"

"Mommy, I can answer question." Mackenzie said, well more like screamed. All of a sudden I got a sharp pain in my side. I winced at the pain. Jordan put Mackenzie down.

"Ali, are you okay?" He rushed over to my side..

"Go wake up Taylor, I think I might be in early labor." A look of panic spread across Jordan's face as he ran to go wake up Taylor....

To Be Continued.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, Subscribe and Friend