Status: We'll see how it goes...

Like Father, Like Son

The Past

"Hey beautiful."

"Hello handsome!"

Carson wrapped his arms around his girlfriend and kissed him cheek. "You still coming over tonight? My parents won't be there."

"No, I don't think I will. I have a lot of homework to do, babe."

Carson caught the joking look on her face then smiled. "Good. I'll see you later."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

*~*~*~*~*~*

Carson kissed her lightly. "It's about time you got here." He smiled at his beautiful girlfriend then led her inside. They ate then relaxed on the couch as they watched a movie.

Ashton giggled as Carson's hands roamed, giggles that soon turned into moans. They kissed gently at first and that quickly escalated. Carson pulled her upstairs. Ashton was nervous and so was Carson, but they both wanted it. Carson kissed her as he helped her undress. They kissed and held each other in his bed. Carson hovered over her as his lips caressed her neck and collar bone. She trembled as he slowly pushed into her. He made love to her slowly and loving.

Later they curled up together, completely content. She had to go soon after that though and she left him with his memories.

*~*~*~*~*~*

It had been 8 months since she'd told him that she was pregnant and that she wanted to keep it. He agreed completely and they spent 9 months of bliss with each other, going from boyfriend to fiance soon after they found out that she was pregnant with a baby boy. They were happy and while their parents were still adjusting, they were happy as well.

Now today was the day and Daddy was extremely nervous. He watched his fiancee in pain all day (until they saved her with the epidural) and now it was time. The doctor said she was 10 centimeters and she could start pushing. Twenty minutes or so into the delivery, something went wrong. With one final push, the baby, with very healthy lungs, was in the nurse's arms, getting cleaned. But his fiancee was bleeding. Way too much blood. He watched as the doctors and nurses freaked out, rushing around trying to save her, trying to help. They put him out of the room and he just cried. His parents cried. Her parents cried.

His fiancee, his beautiful Ashton was gone and the only he had of her was their baby. Carson finally got to meet his son. He sat in a rocking chair in the nursery, rocking his son. He held nothing against the child; how could he? It wasn't his fault. Carson was upset though; that little boy was the spitting image of his mother and she wasn't here to hold him, or gaze into his adorable little eyes and flip out about how cute he was, or arguing who he looked like most. There would be none of that. This beautiful, wonderful child would never know his beautiful, wonderful mother and that was what made the entire situation tragic.

Carson stared out of the window absently, watching the rain fall as the grandparents passed his son around. He didn't think he could live without his Ashton but he would need to...

For Cade.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is kind of a spontaneous kind of thing but I think it will go okay. So some feedback, comments, questions, concerns? Should I just completely scrap it or is it worth time? Thanks guys.

Maryna :)