Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

No Love. Just Lies.

Chapter Three

I woke up the next morning with no recollection of what had happen through the night. I let out a small sigh seeing as they at least had the decency to cover me up with a blanket. I stretched, my muscles screaming in protest as I did. I must have paced around most of the night. Sighing I sat up, wrapping the blanket around my bare body and rubbed my eyes. I looked up when I heard the door open.

"Good morning, Doctor," I yawned.

"Just Bruce," he said looking anywhere but me.

I rolled my eyes standing up, keeping the blanket wrapped around me. "I'm covered, Doc. Seriously, you don't have to act like its awkward. You get buck ass naked too, it's cool," I shrug.

"I brought you some clothes," he said handing over a bundle of clothes.

I took them and dropped them on the floor. I spun, pulling the blanket away, holding it up to cover me from Bruce, "Hold for me, Doc?" I felt him take a hold of the blanket and held it up as I changed. "So, I'm guessing there's something more behind why you visited me this morning. Fury could have sent any lesser agent in here to give me my clothing, usually does, actually. So what do you want, Doc?"

"Um," he cleared his throat. "I was going to ask if I could take some blood samples."

I ripped the blanket down, my pants unbuttoned and my shirt half on. "Excuse me? For what?" I growled, tugging my shirt all the way down before fixing my pants.

"Um," he coughed, "Fury said mentioned about you blacking out for your full moons-"

"What of it," I snapped, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"If I had some blood samples, I could see if I can make something to stop that from happening."

I sighed, my arms dropping to my sides, "Yeah, sure it'd be nice. But that isn't the priority right now. Right now we need to find Loki and the Tesseract. Not make me feel better."

"I'm doing all I can right now. Which is basically watch the computers narrow possible points where the Tesseract could be. Why sit around and do nothing when I can help you?"

I think about it a moment before sighing, "All right, fine. Let's get this done." I followed him out of the cage and down to his lab. I smiled looking around at the different gadgets that were blinking and making noise. "Play land for you huh?"

Bruce looked up from the things he was setting up, "Uh, yeah. I guess. The technology is refreshing, brings back memories."

"Good, or bad," I asked leaning against the table and crossing my arms.

"Uh, let's get this done shall we?" He asked.

I grabbed the band and twisted it around my arm, holding it with my teeth before taking the needle and shoving it into the vein in my arm. I didn't flinch as I extracted the blood from my arm. Once the vile was full I pulled it back out and held it out for Bruce to take. Once he did I unwrapped the band. "Now will you tell me?"

Bruce gave me a side glance as he put the blood on slides. "Both," he said finally.

I looked to the floor, "Do you ever want to give in?" Bruce looked over at me, setting the vile down. "Become the monster with in you?" I asked looking up.

Bruce turned away from his work and faced me. "Yes," he nodded.

"What stops you?" I whisper.

Bruce tapped his pen on his fingers, "Knowing that if I don't give in, I can save people."

I looked down nodding, "I guess that makes sense for you." I pushed off the table.

"For me?" Bruce asked as I started to walk out of the lab.

I looked over my shoulder at him, "You have something to offer to the world." I then left the lab quickly and made my way down to the bridge.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. I'm sorry but I felt like I should end it there.
I might update again tonight. Depends on how I want the next chapter to go. We'll see.