Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Ice Princess

"Papa," Aden asked tugging on her father's robes. He looked down at the young girl, his brown hair falling down around his face, dusting over his shoulders. "What are we doing here?"

"Odin, the Allfather, has called us to his home, little Aden," the redheaded girls father cooed.

"Mama," Cora, Aden's older sister whispered to their mother. "Why do we have to go?" Cora was much more shy than her younger sister, usually choosing to keep quiet and at the back of the room.

"Because he has asked for us to have peace between our to worlds, dear. He want's you to meet his sons, Thor and Loki," Iris smiled at the blue haired sister.

"What if they don't like me," the girls eyes widened, her bright blue eyes filling with fear.

"Don't be so childish, Cora," Aden snapped, her golden eyes flicking to her sister.

Havard scolded his daughter with a glare, "Be kind to your sister, Aden. She has every right to fear for the praise of these people. They are royalty."

"So are we," Aden retorted.

"Yes, but we are but guests here. We must so some respect," Havard said, harsher this time.

"Yes, Papa," the girl amended.

Cora hid behind her mothers long light blue gown as the entered the throne room. The all bowed and the man of the room laughed. "Come now, Havard, you need not bow to me. We are equals."

Havard chuckled back as the men hugged and clapped backs, "It's been too long, Odin."

"Much too long," Odin agreed. "I don't believe I've even had the honor to meet your wife."

Iris smiled, "Iris, King Odin. And I believe it is a much bigger honor for I than you." She bowed.

"Nonsense," Odin laughed kissing her hand. "And this," he gestured to the woman behind him. "Is my lovely wife, Frigga."

"Pleasure," Frigga smiled as Havard kissed her hand and she and Iris kissed cheeks.

Suddenly the doors burst open and little Cora yelped, running to her father's side, hiding under his cloak. "Thor! Give it back!" A little blonde haired boy came running in, holding a book in his hands as he ran. Behind him a boy with black hair came running through shouting for the book back.

"Thor! Loki!" Odin shouted. "Come here at once."

"Now you've done it," Thor laughed at his brother.

"Me!" Loki squeaked. "You're the one who had stolen my book!"

"Boys," hissed Frigga. "We have guests."

Both the boys knelt down. "I am Thor, son of Odin," Thor said standing and looking to Aden. "And this is my brother, Loki."

"I am Aden," the red haired girl remarked. "Daughter of Havard. And that's my sister, Cora, who is hiding under my father's cloak."

"Cora," Iris cooed kneeling down, "Come out and say hello."

"Come, Aden. I know a place where we can sword fight," Thor smiled and Aden giggled before running after the boy.

"Be careful!" Havard shouted.

Odin chuckled, "They are wooden swords, Havard. Don't worry."

Havard chuckled as well, "I was speaking to you're son."

The men laughed. "Come, come we have much to discuss," Odin said grasping Havard's shoulder.

"Loki," Frigga said keeling down, looking to her son.

"Yes, mother," the boy said, his wide green eyes falling on his mother.

"Keep Cora company? Please?"

Loki looked over at the girl with blue hair who was hiding her face with it. He looked back at his mother and nodded. She smiled, kissing her sons forehead before the two women exited the room. Loki looked over at the girl as she ran her fingers through her blue hair, her eyes darting everywhere but at Loki. He let out a small huff before starting towards the other end of the room.

"Where are you going?" Cora squeaked, not moving from her spot.

Loki turned back and raised an eyebrow, "The library. Are you coming or not?" Cora nodded before quickly jogging to catch up to the younger prince. Loki rolled his eyes as she jumped at every little thing that went on in the palace. Once at the library Loki sat down and opened his book. The girl seated herself next to him and stared at the floor. Loki growled after a few moments and slammed his book shut. Cora jumped at stared with wide eyes up at the prince. "What is wrong with you?"

Cora sighed, her fingers falling from her hair. "You hate me like the rest of them." Loki raised an eyebrow. Cora frowned even more. "Everyone loves Aden more than I," she pouted. "It isn't fair. She gets all the friends."

Loki cocked his head to the side, suddenly feeling the girls pain. "How about we play a game?"

Cora lifted her eyes to the young prince once again. "A game? What sort of game?"

Loki smirked, "I read about it in a book. It's a game played on Midgard. It's called tag." Loki put his book aside as he explained. "One person is 'it'. That means that they must touch the other person playing and say 'tag' and then run away. Then the other person is 'it' and they must tag the other person." Cora only stared. Loki frowned, "If you don't-"

"Tag!" Cora shouted, touching his arm before jumping up and dashing towards the door. She looked back at shocked Loki with a smirk before dashing out the door, her long blue hair swaying as she did.

_______________________________________________________________________

Cora pushed through the doors of the palace and quickly made her way down the steps as she giggled away. She picked up her skirts before running into the golden gardens of Asgard. "Loki!" the fifteen year old girl shouted. "Don't!"

The king's son appeared before her, smirking. "Don't what?" he inquired innocently.

Cora squealed and turned to run the other way, her white dress flowing in the wind. "You're not playing fair!" She looked over her shoulder at him, but he was gone. Instead she ran right into him. The blue haired girl fell back onto her butt and glared up at the blacked haired boy.

"Sorry, Cora," Loki chuckled at his friend. He helped her up as she pouted.

"You cheat," she said, her deep blue eyes grew wider as she looked up at the prince.

Loki grasped her shoulder and smiled, " I promise to no longer cheat, Cora."

The girl looked up at the beautiful boy with a coy smile, "You, Loki, are the God of Lies, why should I trust you?" The girl grabbed up her skirts and backed away from the boy who looked bewildered by her blunt statement.

Loki then smirked and appeared behind the girl, catching her as she tripped back over her skirt. He looked down at her with soft, loving eyes. "You are my best friend, Cora, why would I lie to you?"

The ice princess blushed as her best friend pushed her up onto her feet. Cora turned and hugged Loki, "I love you, Loki."

Loki swallowed and hugged her back, "I love you too, Cora."

"Loki! Cora!" Cora let go of Loki and smiled at Thor as he came running over with Aden at his heels. He boasted a ridiculous plan out to scare a few of the servants that Loki knew he'd be in trouble for. But Cora grabbed his hand and tugged him alone with a smile. He smiled at her and joined in on the adventure with her. Only for her. Everything would always be for her.