Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Ice Princess

Chapter One

"Good morning, Heimdall," I greeted the Gate Keeper.

"Good morning, Princess Cora," he bowed before returning to his post at the entrance of the Bi-Frost. I smiled upon seeing a horse waiting for me. I mounted it and nodded to Heimdall before ridding off to the palace. Once there I quickly made my way up into the deeper chambers of the palace, wondering if I was late by the crowds of people already present.

I knocked three times on Loki's door and smiled when a servant answered. "Is he still here?"

"He's in the washroom," the servant nodded before slipping past me out the door. I smiled brightly and went over to Loki's bed and fell back on it, closing my eyes. I let out a content sigh from the comfort of the soft sheets.

I jumped, my eyes flying open, when I felt the bed jolt suddenly. Loki stood over me, dressed in his robes, minus his helmet. "What are you up to?" he smirked at me.

I smirked up at him, "You're the God of Mischief. You tell me."

He chuckled, "I'm surprised you came."

"I almost didn't," I sighed.

Loki sat down beside me, still looming his torso over me though, "The little Ice Princess becoming the queen of-" he paused, "wait aren't you an Asgardian?" I smacked his harm as he laughed, "I mean, you, and your sister, spend so much more time here than your own realm."

"That's because I'd rather an Asgardian," I sighed.

"Really?" he smirked, "But it's so much warmer here than Alfheim. I'd take you to be more at home on Jotunheim."

I smacked his arm again, "I am no Jotun, Loki."

He laughed touching my face, "You sure? I think your eyes are turning a little red, Cora."

I grasped Loki's shoulders and rolled so I was straddling him, "Come off it, Loki. I am no Jotun," I growled.

He chuckled, his hands falling on my hips, "I was only joking, Cora."

"Good," I mumbled resting my head on his chest, listening to his steady heart beat.

"Do you think my brother would make a good king?" Loki asked his fingers playing with the end of my hair.

"Why do you ask?" I frowned. Loki only shrugged. "Perhaps. He needs to grow up some yet."

"Not according to everyone else," Loki grumbled.

"Loki," I sighed, "Thor is a good man. Still young at heart, and needs some growing up. You're only upset because even with all these factors, he's still going to be king." I peeked up at him. His face held no emotion. "You're just as good as Thor, Loki. Don't ever doubt yourself. He was first born. That's why I'm to be queen. You and I know very well Aden is more of a queen than I." I snuggled my face into his chest more.

"We should go," Loki whispered kissing my hair.

I groaned rolling off him, "I got so little sleep last night." I pouted up at him, "Can't I sleep a little while longer?"

He grabbed my chin, "No." He then stood and pulled me up off the bed.

"But Loki," I pouted as he pulled me out of his room, grabbing his helmet, before pulling me down the hallways.

He stopped before the entrance to the hall, "I must speak with my brother first." I sighed nodding. "I'll see you in there."

Smiling I reached up and kissed his cheek, "You will always be my favorite prince." I then skipped off to the front hall. I found smiling Aden, the Warriors Three, and Sif already in there. I walked over to them, feeling slightly shy still, even around my sister.

"Cora!" Fandral smiled hugging me. I blushed giving him a little pat.

"Busy night?" Aden smirked at me.

I shot her a playful glare, "I wish you could take the throne, Aden. You want it, I know you do. Why don't you just speak with Father so it's you being crowned queen."

"Watching you squirm is too much fun," she snickered. I shot her a real glare. "Have no worries. I will speak to Father later."

"Oh!" Jumped Volstagg, "The ceremony is about to begin."

The Warriors Three and Sif took one side of the stairs while Aden and I stood on the other side with Frigga and Loki when he finally arrived. "How is he?" I asked, waiting for Thor to enter.

"Excited," Loki said smoothly.

I smiled at him and he smiled back before the crowd began to shout as Thor entered. I rolled my eyes at Thor's behavior as he approached the throne where Odin stood. Thor knelt down at the end of the stairs and removed his helmet. Odin brought down his staff and the crowd when quiet.

"Thor Odinson, my heir, my firstborn." Odin spoke. "So long entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star, its power has no equal, as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build. 'Tis a fit companion for a king. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms from the time of the great beginning. Though the day has come for my heir to be crowned. Do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?"

"I swear." Thor proudly.

I shifted frowning. An uneasy cold draft came from below my feet.

"Cora," Loki whispered. "Is something wrong?"

"Something's not right," I whispered frowning.

"And do you swear to preserve the peace?"

"I swear."

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself only to the good of the Realms?"

"I swear!"

"Then, on this day, I, Odin Allfather, proclaim you..." Odin stopped. "The Frost Giants!" He brought down his staff once more.

The crowd began to flee as Odin took Loki and Thor from the room. I saw Loki give me a small nod before leaving behind his father and brother. I touched Aden's shoulder, "I'm going to go change. I don't feel comfortable without my armor after this." She nodded and I quickly left the room. I went to one of the spare rooms where I kept some spare armor and quickly changed. I met up with the others and walked with them to the dinning room. We walked in just as Thor flipped the table over.

"Redecorating are we?" Sif asked.

"What's this?" Volstagg frowned at all the food.

"I told you they'd cancel it." Hogan said grumpily.

"We thought you were just being your normal cheery self." Fandral rolled his eyes.

"All this food. So innocent and-and just cast to the ground. It breaks the heart." Volstagg whimpered.

Thor sat down on the stairs as Volstagg picked up some of the food on the floor. I smiled as Loki came around one of the pillars and sat down next to Thor.

"It's unwise to be in my company now brother." Thor growled at Loki.

"Who said I was wise?" Loki asked.

"This was to be my day of triumph." Thor growled angrily.

"It'll come. In time." Loki commented.

Loki then glanced at us before leaning over and speaking quietly to his brother. I raised an eyebrow and loomed a little closer to the brothers.

"Exactly." Thor said loudly.

"There's nothing you can do with out defying father." Loki argued.

"Yes, there is." Thor said getting up.

"No. Stop. I know that look. Stop right there!" Loki said pointing at him.

"That's the only way to ensure the safety of our borders." Thor snapped pointing at Loki as well.

"Thor, it's madness." Loki argued.

"Madness? What sort of madness?" Volstagg asked hearing them argue.

"It-It's nothing. Thor was, uh, mearly making a jest." Loki stuttered trying to keep us out of the conversation. I narrowed my eyes at the God of Mischief.

"The safety of our realm is no jest. We're going to Jotunheim." Thor smirked.

"What?" Fandral asked in disbelief.

"Thor, of all the laws of Asgard, this is the one you must not break." Sif growled.

"She's right," agreed Aden.

"This isn't like a journey to Earth where you summon a little lightning and thunder, and the mortals worship you as a god. This is Jotunheim." Fandral argued.

"If the Frost Giants do kill you, your father will," agreed Volstagg.

"My father fought his way into Jotunheim, defeated their armies and took their Casket. We would just be looking for answers," Thor argued back.

"It is forbidden!" Sif and Aden snapped.

Thor chuckles."My friends, have you forgotten all that we have done together? Who brought you into the sweet embrace of the most exotic maden in all of Vigarasil?"

"Well, you helped a little." Fandral blushed slightly.

"And who lead you into the most glorious of battles?" Thor smirked.

"You did." Hogan nodded.

"And to the delicacies so succulent, you thought you'd died an gone to Valhalla?" Thor said loudly.

Valstagg chuckled, "You did."

"Yes!" Thor said clapping him on the back. "And who proved wrong all who scoffed at the idea that a young maiden could be one of the fiercest of warriors this realm has ever known?"

"I did." Sif said slyly.

"True." Thor pointed out, "But I supported you." Thor turned to Aden, "Aden. What haven't we done, my oldest friend?"

Aden blushed slightly, "Nothing I haven't regretted yet."

Thor smiled and looked at me, "And my dear, Cora. Who taught you the most important ways to avoid my brother's tricks?"

I smirked, "I did. Thank you, Prince Thor. But in any other manor I agree with you."

"My friends, trust me now! We must do this you're not going to let my brother and me take all the glory are you?"

"What?" Loki breathed.

"What? You are coming with me, aren't you?" Thor frowned slightly.

"Yes, of course. I wont let my brother march in to Jotunheim alone." Loki smiled turning to look up at his brother before standing and placing a firm hand on his shoulder.

"And I!" Volstagg agreed.

"And I." Fandral said a little hesitant.

"And I. The Warriors Three fight together." Hogan finished.

"And I," Aden smiled proudly. "I will fallow you, Thor. Even in death."

"I fear we'll live regret this." Sif said before placing a fist over her heart, and then with a bow she left out the door with the Warriors Three.

"If we're lucky." I heard Volstagg grumble as the left.

"Cora," Thor said drawing my attention away from its gaze on Asgard. "What of you?"

I looked to my sister and then to Loki before looking back at Thor. "I will not let my sister go alone. I do not believe I'd have the heart to let her die knowing I should have too."

Thor chuckled, "You speak as if death was on your door."

"Perhaps the fear of death will vote you well, Young Prince," I smirked and Loki chuckled.

"Spoken like a true Queen," smirked Thor. "Come! Let's go before the others leave without us!"

I sighed and followed them out the door. I didn't believe it would be my last time, in a long time, I would see the Palace of the Allfather.