Radiant Eclipse

A New Beginning

Most people would be angry for having to move from a suburban area in New Hampshire to a small town named after an eating utensil, and live with their aunt. I however, was surprisingly happy much to my sister dismay. It was such a great site to see the look of flaming anger on my sisters’ face when I didn't react the way she hoped. She even tried to talk my mom out of making me go and stay. Which, my mom quickly dismissed.

I'm guessing you guys are wondering why I'm actually moving to Forks to live with my aunt. Well, my mother claims she’s sending me away because of the area we were currently living in. However, I knew it was a load of bull. Where ever we moved too, I was always branded the towns freak no matter what I did. Being in this town already I was named anything yet, and my mother wasn’t going to take the chance of having the family name “tarnished” again as long as she lived again.

Anyways, who wouldn't want to live with their cool, free spirited aunt? My mother and her sister Chloe are polar opposites. While my mother was uptight, high maintenance, and snobbish Chloe was mellow, down to earth and extremely caring. In other words she was everything a girl looked for in a mother. While my mother worked as a real estate agent, my aunt Chloe was one of the top interior designers in the country.

Even though, she worked in a world of glamour and money she settled in Forks. Anytime we talked on the phone she'd usually ended the conversation saying the rain was inspiring her and either she'd start to paint or draw up new plans for whatever customer she was designing a room, or house, for at the moment. The rain was everywhere in Forks, you could hardly escape it, well except for those rare and random partly sunny days.

I stared out the window of the taxi as we made the hour journey from the airport to my aunt's house. She wasn't able to pick me up since she was very busy helping a friend. When I asked what she was going to be doing, she started to stutter then said she needed to go and hanged up quickly. Which, is weird for her since she's always cool, calm, and collected or as I like to call it the three "C's".

I shrugged it off though as the taxi stopped in front of Aunt Chloe's old style Victorian house. I use to come here a lot but after moving for the fifth time I stopped, the travel was too much. The beauty of the house never seized not to amaze me, from the white fences that the average American would die for, to the old looking windows that danced behind the painted shutters. I loved the old feeling it gave off.

You can say I'm a bit of a weirdo, and I would agree completely. I mean I taught myself different languages, play the piano, I can tell Mozart from Beethoven by a simple opening melody and last, but not least I'm an extreme history buff.
That's what usually throws people off. I'm usually one of those girls lost in thought or randomly saying things in twisted way. You can say I'm extremely hard to figure out. That's why people wouldn't guess I was totally and completely in love with history. It was something about the past that always sent me into a trance. The old myths that sprouted up form history usually caught my attention.

Anyways, that's not very important. Climbing out of the taxi I made my way up the slightly slippery stone walk way. This was something I knew I was going to have to get use to. I mean it rains 24/7 in this small town of forks. From what my aunt told me there was rarely any sunny day and if there was I better cherish it like it was my last dying day. I guess she said that because I was use to sun, but that didn't mean anything. In the sunny places I lived I would usually long for the touch of rain against my slightly paled skin. To feel the rain drops dance across my finger tips and face.

I see Forks as my personal escape, to go to a place where no one knew me as that freak or the one that could "see things". I guess after moving around a lot and my secret always being exposed the names always stuck. I knew I was different, but that didn't change anything about me, I still liked to play sports, go shopping and just lay around like a normal female teenager would. But, the one thing I was definitely not was normal.

I didn’t have to wait long for my Aunt Chloe to return. When she spotted me on the couch she had proceeded in wrapping me in a bone crushing hug, gushing how much I grown. However we had skipped the pleasantries, we sat down and got right down to business. We came to agreement that I should return to school as soon as possible. Seeing how she already registered me at the local high school and being that today was Sunday I would be continuing my senior year at Forks High School starting tomorrow. I wasn't looking forward to it that much, but what teenage did look forward to waking up at the crack of dawn to learn about dead people and chemical compounds? One thing I was certain about was I was going to be extra careful this time, I wouldn’t let anyone figure out my extra ability if it was the last thing I could do. I wanted to finish my senior year in peace before heading down to Washington State College to study psychology and the studies of the human mind.

There was a sudden knock on the door I would be calling my bedroom for the next 8 months or so. Before I could answer my Aunt Chloe's head popped in. I smiled at her and she made her way in not fully closing the room door behind her. She made her way over to me and sat on the edge of my bed. I was sitting in the middle of my bed, crossed legged, hugging Captain Paddles my teddy bear in my arm.

“How do you feel about starting at Forks High tomorrow?” Aunt C asked curiously.

“A bit excited, I mean its high school yes, but I have this feeling good things are going to come out of it you know.” I said tilting my head to the side.

“No, but I’ll pretend I do if that helps?” She laughed and I giggled.

“Yes Auntie, it does” I grinned.

She patted my leg before standing up. “Glad to help, now you need to rest you need to be up early tomorrow.”

I nodded and she kissed my forehead before saying good night and turning of my light as she took her leave from my bedroom. Crawling up my bed to the top, I climbed under the covers and snuggled into the warm sheets smashing Captain Paddles against my chest in the process. I had him every since I was a baby, I had received him as a gift from my grandpa on my father side. As I grew up he was always etched to my side or strapped in my Barbie bicycle basket. It was those years that my “gift” started to show. Grandpa was the first to notice, he didn’t freak out, he said that everything would fall into place in all due time. From that day I loved him more than anything. He kept me sane, well as sane as I could be. He was the closest thing that I ever had. Once my parents found out about me “Seeing things” they completely shunned me.

They blamed me for the reason they had to move constantly. Why my father couldn’t keep a stable job because the town that of me as a freak and we were unwelcome.
At first I didn’t believe them; I just ignored them like my Grandpa instructed me to do. That all changed when I was about 13, when I had this movie picture vision about my Grandpa. I saw him lying in his bed suffering from a seizure and nobody was around. I had run to tell my parents as soon as I was back to my senses. Instead of acknowledging what I was saying they just sent me away with a wave of their hands. A couple of days later we received a phone call from the police saying that my Grandpa was dead. My dad couldn’t bear to look at me for months after that. I would usually lock myself in my room; rock myself to sleep crying in a corner, and blast heavy rock music to drown out the sound of my parents and sisters voices.

About five months after he passed the taunting got worst. My parents and Sister Della practically treated me like a circus animal. They stopped caring. The pain started to build up more and more. I started to believe them after the so many words they threw at me. That I was a freak, monster, embarrassment, a shame to the family name. Its started to get harder for me to keep the visions to myself. I would start to stop randomly and “stare off” with this daze look. Then I’d start talking about random things that were going to happen. When people were around they usually record what I was saying or back away for me getting sacred. Then a few days later my vision would happen. The next day there’d be a he headline with “TOWN FREAK” posted at the top, with a picture of me, and then at the bottom would be the weird things I was saying that turned out to happen. At that time my parents, Della and I had to pack up and move, again. This time though, when we moved to they declared that “this was it!” they decided to ship me off to Fork, Washington where my Aunt C knew nothing about my “powers”.

Tears started to brim my eyes. I quickly blinked them away. I promised myself on the plane rider here that I would not cry. I would not show any emotions except happiness. Over the years I perfected my fake mask of happiness, hell even my aunt fell for it and let me tell you something she was not easy to fool. At that moment I pushed every thought about anything out of my mind. I closed my eyes tightly and pressed my Captain Paddles closer to me and curled into a ball. To keep my eyes off of things I started to sing the lyrics to Home by Three Day Grace in my head. Before I knew it I was falling into a deep sleep:

I walked into Forks High school; the faces around me looked at me as if I was a million bucks. The whispered around me grew closer to the small cafeteria. As I busted through the double door I felt every eye on me. Some I could tell were giving me a once over to see if I was approachable. I felt a tug at my side, a short light brown hair girl was tugging on my arm and pointing over towards the cafeteria line, where the food didn’t look at all eatable. I could feel eyes tracing my every move, as if I was the finest specimen on earth. I shifted a bit uncomfortable under all the gazes. Finally, I allowed myself to scan the faces of my new peers. I saw eyes filled with lust, eagerness, friendliness and some with even shards of envy. Then, my eyes landed on them. They locked as if they were sculpted out of the finest object of heaven. They were absolutely gorgeous. I noticed they all had to things in common; they were all deathly pale, except one who looked a bit tanned, and eyes of an unusual golden brown. There were three females and one male. The first boy had bronze colored hair, had a tall posture and a playful gleam in his eye, the girl next to him had dark brown hair and I could tell was a bit short. The girl next to her looked as if she could be their offspring, the same hair color as the first girl and the face structure of the guy, but I knew it was impossible since she looked around the same age as them. The second boy hay hair of golden blonde, the expression on his face seemed as if he was slightly uncomfortable, but it wasn’t very noticeable. Lastly, there was a small girl with her hair cut like a pixie, she had a dazed look on her face and was suddenly staring out at space. Out of nowhere her eyes snapped directly into mines and the others soon followed.

I sat up with a fright as my radio-alarm clock started to blast ‘Emergency’ by Paramore. I quickly pressed the end button. I glanced at the time, it was 6:30. I sighed before throwing myself back into the bed. Forks High here I come.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have so much plans for this story (:

Subscribe x Comment

-Shannonmae xox