Radiant Eclipse

Somethings Left Untold

I finally reached the school and I already felt like everyone was staring at me, I guess it was my car. I didn’t find anything strange about it, considering the type of car it was. My Aunt Chloe had given it to me as a homecoming present. She said it was hers when she spent a bit of time in England, a gift from a rich client. Once she had moved to Fork she went back to using her bright yellow VW Bug, no longer desiring having a fast European car anymore. I swear when she presented me with it on Sunday I almost pissed my pants. It was one of the cars I practically drooled over when I attended a few car shows.

When the garage door open I screamed so loud the neighborhoods probably thought I was getting murdered or something of that nature. My reaction was understandable however, how would you react if you saw a sleek black with hints of purple tint Bentley GTZ Zagato Concept 2008, I mean the car cost roughly 1.7 million. What teenage girl wouldn’t scream when they were handed this car like it was an allowance. The car was like a freaking dare devil. The mileage it was able to cover is simply insane. It had a 600 horsepower giving it the ability to up to 62 mph 4.3 second and it had a top speed of 202mph. You can say I had a need for speed and I had a thing for cars.

Anyways, I located a parking spot in about the middle of the parking lot. Quickly I grabbed it not feeling like searching around the lot for another spot. I realized my car was parked next to a shiny brand new looking grey Volvo, I didn’t think much of it though. Looking around the parking lot I could see curious eyes lingering on my car. I could tell they were wondering who was driving such a flashy car. Since the windows were tinted you couldn’t see inside the car, but I could see out.

Stepping out the car, I flattened out the invisible wrinkles on my dress and pushed up the sleeves of cardigan before I made my way toward my new high school for the rest of my senior year. I didn’t bother to check out my surroundings as I headed towards the building. I grabbed my schedule and map out my book bag as I got closer to the building. Instead of me having to go in a search for the main office to retrieve these two things and my locker number and combination, they mailed it to the house after my Aunt pulled a couple of strings. I was extremely grateful; it gave me a day to study the map so I didn’t have to go the complete day with my face buried in it.

I had AP English first period, then World History, AP Math, photograph, Lunch, music, and I ended the day with gym. I thought it was a pretty good schedule seeing how I was able to pick two electives, music and photography. When I entered the school, the attention in the hallways turned to me. I didn’t duck my head or allow myself to blush, I wasn’t going to let myself succumb to intimidation when I only been inside the school for a couple of seconds. The students parted like the red sea, as I made my way down the hallway, god they were acting like they never seen a new girl in their entire life. Well it was a small town they probably rarely got new students, but still that didn’t matter. At that moment when the whispering started I wanted to bang my head on a pole. If I knew I was going to get so much attention, I would have put on a show by coming to school nude which, by the looks I was receiving from the male population of the school; it wouldn’t have been such a good idea. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at this.

I swear it was as if I was walking to my death and they were going to watch me get beheaded, that’s how the attention they were giving to me felt. Yes, sometimes my thoughts are sick, but hey it comes with the “gift” of mines. I cringed at my thought. Sometimes, I swear my mind was not healthy for me at times.

Looking around, I received more stared. Inwardly I groaned, did I have something on my face or something that made them stare so much? I’m more than positive that I didn’t grow a third eye ball or a second head between breakfast and driving here. I looked around for someone who looked like they would be a bit nice, well nice enough to show me to my first class. I didn’t want to pull out my map again; I was already fed up with the staring I didn’t want to add more fuel to the fire. As if she heard my plea a short dark red headed girl appeared at my side. She was a pretty looking girl. Besides her red hair that stopped where he collar bone is, she had light green eyes and a few freckles were scattered around on her nose and cheeks, making her look like a little kid.

“The names Yazmine but you can call me Yaz; I’m the eyes and ears of this school.” She announced

“So you’re basically the gossip queen?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

She hung her head in mock embarrassment “Yes, something like that”

“No biggy, at least your honest” I shot her a genuine smiled, honesty was a big thing with me.

“I couldn’t help, but notice you’re new and wonder if you need any help locating your class.
So, do you?” She asked sheepishly

“As matter of fact, yes I do.” I said, my smile getting wider.

“Okay. Let me see your schedule then.” I handed it to her with no hesitation, “pretty good schedule how come you were able to snag two electives and the easiest teachers in the school?” She asked

“That’s for me to know, and for you to never find out” I said popping an imaginary collar.

She laughed at that. “New girl got jokes, look like you’re going to be a fine edition to Forks High.”

I smiled brightly at that, before I tipped an imaginary hat. “Thank you Ma’am.”
“Oh, this will be fun and now where off.” She said dramatically, swooping down the hallways with me following close behind.

**

My first three classes went by in a breeze. In AP English we were basically reciting and naming quote and famous author of the early century like Shakespeare, Woolf, Poe, Dickinson and more. In World History, we were basically studying revolutions that had taken place and their main cases for it starting. Now don’t even get me started on Trig, we were doing problems that a middle school students could solve. It seems like my senior classes weren’t going to be a problem at all, and I was ecstatic about it

Now it was the fourth period photography, which was about to finish. I had this class with Yazmine and her two best guy friends, Mason and Kyle They seemed like they would be really cool people to hang out with. Kyle had a very playful and affectionate personality. It seemed like it would be very hard to get and stay angry at him. He was extremely hyper, I blamed the two cups of coffee and the pack of skittles he drinks and eats, from what he told me it was his every day breakfast. Mason on the other hand was completely different; he was a bit mellower you can say. He’s gorgeous I will give him that, but he was a bit too cocky for my taste. He even confessed to me that he was a bit of a man whore, which I gave him props for being honest at least. I know in the future the four of us will become very good friends.

Anyways, in the photography class there was only about 10 students. This class was very selective you can say. If you didn’t have talent or didn’t have a passion for photography you would be kicked out and someone who wanted this would take your slot. Each person was provided with a professional water proof camera. After the teacher, Ms.Gibs, had given a speech on how to handle the camera we were given our first assignment, capture life. I know it may sound easy, but it wasn’t. The picture couldn’t be posed for, meaning you had to get a natural picture of people and animal who are unaware that you are even taking pictures of them.

At that moment, the bell rang signaling that the period was over. I packed up my book and placed the new camera around my neck, not wanting to damage it. As I walked out the classroom Kyle, Yaz and Mason had already flocked to my side, I didn’t complain. It was rather nice to have friends on my first day of a new school.

Kyle and Yazmine started off on their debate again, I laughed at their antics inwardly. There were arguing over some TV show I think was named Caprica. I mean the show was pretty cool, anything on Syfy was cool, but they were arguing over the logic of the show. This had lead them into a heated debate about if alien existed and what was really locked up in Area 51. When Yaz punched Kyle in the arm after he didn’t agree with one of her points, I decided that it was time for me to step in.

“Guys” I called loudly, gaining the both of their attentions. “What’s the point of arguing? Caprica take place in another millennium then now. How are you suppose to know what happens then. I mean come on Syfy is supposed to bring chills, excitement, and amazement from the show. What’s the point of arguing about a show on that channel if when the time period comes on you won’t be alive and even if somehow, someway a freeze ray froze you how were you supposed to get to this “different” planet and most importantly breathe?”

Kyle and Yaz looked at me with a stunned expression, while Mason just busted out laughing and nodding his head in agreement. Soon I felt myself laughing along side of him and not long after did Kyle and Yaz joined.

“Girls got a point.” Mason smirked.

“Thank you, Mas.” I chuckled.

“Okay now that this whole global debate is over can we please get something to eat I’m starving!” Kyle begged.

“You eat some much Ky, where do you put it or how do you possibly work it off?” Yaz asked.

“I work it off with extracurricular activities.” He answered wagging his eyebrow.

Yaz and I let out a loud “ew”, while Mason and Kyle just laughed and bumped fist. I rolled my eyes at this, boys are so perverted sometimes. By that time we had already reached the cafeteria and the boys had entered. I busted through the double door after them and at that moment I felt every eye on me. Some I could tell were giving me a once over to see if I was approachable. I suddenly felt a tug at my side. Yaz was tugging on my arm and pointing over towards the cafeteria line, where the food didn’t look at all eatable. I could feel eyes tracing my every move, as if I was the finest specimen on earth. I shifted a bit uncomfortable under all the gazes. Finally, I allowed myself to scan the faces of my new peers. I saw eyes filled with lust, eagerness, friendliness and some with even shards of envy.

Then, my eyes landed on them. They locked as if they were sculpted out of the finest object of heaven. They were absolutely gorgeous. I noticed they all had two things in common; they were all deathly pale, except one who looked a bit tanned, and eyes of an unusual golden brown. There were three females and two male. The first boy had bronze colored hair, had a tall posture and a playful gleam in his eye, the girl next to him had dark brown hair and I could tell was a bit short. The girl next to her looked as if she could be their offspring, the same hair color as the first girl and the face structure of the guy, but I knew it was impossible since she looked around the same age as them. The second boy had hair of golden blonde, the expression on his face seemed as if he was a bit uncomfortable, but it wasn’t very noticeable. Lastly, there was a small girl with her hair cut like a pixie, she had a dazed look on her face and was staring out at space. Out of nowhere her eyes snapped directly into mines and the others soon followed.

My breath caught in my throat as they watched me and I watched them. I felt some sort of pull towards them, like I should just walked over to them and sit. For a minute I felt as I couldn’t control my body. My eyes scanned over their face once more. The pixie haired one had a look of amazement across her face, the blonde boy face had twisted into confusion and the bronze hair boy expression looked of utter shock.

I don’t know how long I stared at them and they stared at me before I felt a familiar tug on my arm, Yazmine gave me a confused look.

“Aren’t you hungry?” She asked.

“No.” I mumbled.

I quickly purchased a raspberry ice tea and a plum before following behind Yaz, almost like a lost puppy. When we sat down at the table, I realized Kyle and Mason were already sitting there with a couple of other people I have yet to meet. There was a dark haired girl clinging onto Mason side. She shot me a look before trying to regain Mason attention. I gave her a look of disbelief before turning, to discover Kyle smirking at me. I raised my left eyebrow in question.

He folded his arms on the table before leaning forward. “I see you noticed the Cullen’s.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Her Car
Aurora outfit

Hows that?

-Shannonmae xoxo