The Hatter

1/1

The mad hatter, as he was so fondly named by his friends and acquaintances in Wonderland, strolled through the west forest with ease. The air was warm and a pleasant breeze was blowing on his hat ribbon, casing it to flutter around his head. His trouser legs billowed and his jacket tails swished as he sighed blissfully, in awe of the beautiful weather.

“Ah… What a day” he said to himself, with a joyful spring in his voice, “perhaps a song is in order!”

He skipped with glee as he produced a long, tin whistle from his jacket pocket.
A few notes were played and then he burst into song!

“Will you walk a little faster?"
Said a whiting to a snail,
"There's a porpoise close behind us,
Treading on my tail."
See how eagerly the lobsters
And the turtles all advance!
They are waiting on the shingle -
Will you come and join the dance?
So, will you, won't you, won't you,
Will you, won't you join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you,
Won't you, won't you join the dance?”

Oh how he enjoyed himself! He skipped through the forest with the delight of a three year old, and because the Mad Hatter knew nothing of age, he accepted this with a flourish and a burst of childish giggles.

Once he had finished laughing, the hatter fell to his knees, removed his hat and shook out his fiery orange hair. He lay down on his back with his legs tucked up and his hands behind his head.

He must of slept for quite a while because when he woke up it was dark and bleak. The forest seemed to have taken on a whole new atmosphere which made the poor hatter dreadfully uncomfortable.

A fog had drifted in between the trees and he could not see the marked path out to the village. The poor dear was terrified. He was 35 (not that he knew) and still he took on the darker side of being childish and cowered under a tree on his knees.

Suddenly, he heard a voice… a familiar, somewhat stern girls voice. She was reciting his worst fears…

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy my story :D I wrote it while trying to find a Marilyn manson song to make a story of.