Into Your Arms

7 years

It had been years since I’d seen him last, 7 years to be exact. I had always believed he would come back to me someday, somehow find his way to this parallel world, and that we could finally be together. But those hopes were slowly fading as the years passed.

It was hopeless, I was hopeless. Yet still I kept going. I wasn’t working at Torchwood anymore, after a while I couldn’t stand being around everything that had been so familiar to me in the past. I had kindly told them that I couldn’t be there anymore, and they all understood, which was astounding to me. I half expected them to assume I would spill all of their secrets, which is something I would never do, but they never so much as mentioned that. They only wished me well on my next venture. Now I worked at a lonely old desk job.

On this particular day I was filling out some paper work, what else is new.

“Rose, Rose, did ya hear?” My best work mate Karen asked as she ran up to me.

“What is it?” I asked wondering what had gotten her so riled up.

“Somethin landed on the 30th floor. Just up and landed there right in the middle of the office, came out of thin air. I didn’t go see it for myself but I hear it’s some sort of strange box.”

My eyes widened at her words and I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Without so much as a word to Karen, I bolted out of my seat and bounded up the stairs. I had never run so fast in my life. After finally traveling the 15 floors I needed to get to floor 30 I threw the door open and ran into the office. I looked around furiously, in every direction. I saw nothing but a normal office much like my own floor.

“Hey you,” I asked grabbing the first person who walked past, “What’s happened? Did something land…” I was out of breath and barely audible but the man who I had grabbed interrupted me.

“It’s already gone now so you can tell everyone to stop fussing. We don’t know what it was.” With that the man walked away in a huff.

“Don’t mind him.” A woman with dark brown hair who looked to be about my age said sweetly, “He’s our manger and he’s a bit mad we stopped working for a grand total of 5 minutes.” She rolled her eyes, “It really was the strangest thing, I heard this noise and then all of the sudden there it was. Came out of thin air.”

“What, what was it?” I asked urgently, “Where’s it gone?”

“It was a sort of blue box. It had some writing on it but all I could make out from my desk was the word police.” She said nicely, “It was only here for about 30 seconds before it made the same noise and disappeared again.”

I was covered in goosebumps and I was shaking, “Did you see a man. Did a man come out of the Tar….I mean the blue box?”

“No I’m afraid not. Like I said, it was only here long enough for all of us to become incredibly confused and then, poof, it was gone again.”

“Alright, Thank you.” I said as politely as I could.

After looking around the office one more time, I walked defeated back into the staircase. With still shaking hands, I phoned my mother.

“Rose what are you callin for, you’re supposed to be workin.” My mum’s voice filled my ears.

“Mum, It’s him.” I said shakily, tears beginning to fall, “It’s him, he came back.”

“Rose what on earth are you taking about, who’s come back?”

I took a deep breath and tried my hardest to form the words I would say next.

“The Doctor,” It came out as barely a whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi all!
First things first, I'm a brand new Doctor Who fan so please don't murder me if I write something wrong. I apologize in advance. lol
This story will play out as if Rose never came back once she was in her parallel world, no human doctor or anything. She literally hasn't even seen the doctor in 7 years.
Also please don't make fun of my horrible attempt to write as if everyone is British, I am sadly awful at it so again I apologize. lol
I honestly have no idea where I'm going with this, I'm just incredibly bitter about Rose's departure and I needed to write something like this. So please, I'm open to any and all suggestions. What do you want to see happen, what do you want to not happen, how's my writing, am I just the worst person ever, all that jazz... lol
Sorry for ranting!
Comment/Subscribe if you'd like <3