Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Eleven: Not So Normal~

As the weeks passed I learned to we're long sleeves and jeans. Everything was the same besides my relationship. One time I tried leaving Jason. It was a bad mistake. He beat me til I was black and blue all over. In fear I gave him anything he wanted after that. Around Thanksgiving he "encouraged" me to sleep with him. I did. It was rough and painful. It hadn't been my first time. My ex, Drake, was my first. Drake was the same as Jason when it came to sex. All it was, was a good fuck.

"You know I love you," Jason said as we laid in his bed. My gut and heart twisted. Then why do you hurt me, I thought.

"I love you to," I replied in a voice that wasn't my own. He fell asleep then and I carefully got out of bed and got dressed. I left a note and drove home. I cried all the way as usual and once inside I ran upstairs. Thankfully dad was working really late today.

I drove and picked up Mel. We had decided to carpool to school and today was my day to drive. she w her usual happy self and chatted about how Andrew and Derek weren't getting along. Apparently Derek liked Mel too. I commented in all the right places and smiled reassuringly when Mel told me of the big argument. Jason always walked me to class so it was no surprise he was waiting for me. We walked and talked of little things, normal things, things that weren't about my latest beating. I enjoyed my alone time in first period and did my work. Second period I chatted freely with Mel about Jackie's new boy toy who she was sucking face with in the hall. In third period I told Andrew that he shouldn't be worried about Derek because Mel really cared for him.

"Andrew, she's upset because you are. Let Derek move on at his own pace. Don't push him to," I smiled warmly. Andrew's bright hazel eyes became happy and he smiled to.

"Thanks Clary," he said, "I really needed the advice. Derek's just been so clingy to her that it's hard for me to be around her."

"Well that's Derek for ya," I laughed. I suppressed a sigh when Andrew asked about my relationship with Jason. "He's really sweet and loving," I lsaid, half lying and half telling the truth. In fourth period Jason and I worked on a project which left us with little conversation. At lunch we looked and acted like the perfect couple. Some nights I wonder what Lacey would have thought of me. A coward for sure. I liked my fifth and sixth period, it was fun. I sighed when I came to seventh period. Like always Tristan was with some whore and they were making out like there's no tomorrow. I gave Jason a kiss and walked into class.

"Tristan," chastised the biology teacher. Tristan broke off and pushed some blonde away. She got off him and retreated to her next period. I sat down and and slumped my bag on the ground, wincing at my sore bruises. I grabbed my pen and began taking notes. I looked over and saw Tristan was staring at something. It was my wrist. It had a large bruise the shape of a hand.

"I got caught in a rip tide when I was surfing with Jason. He grabbed my wrist so I would be dragged out to see," I explained. Tristan glared and turned back to taking notes. I don't think he was convinced.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler :P kind of boring but I thought I'd explain somethings in Clary's "normal" life. No time to go oberit so sorry for any mistakes :(

Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!