Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Thirteen: Confused~

The rest of winter break was pleasant. Jason and I spent Christmas day together. With enough saved money I was able to buy him that new stereo system he really wanted. Despite him being "rich" his dad was very frugal when it came to money. Apparently all the nice toys were during his first divorce, but Jason's family issues were a touchy topic. He had given me a nice diamond necklace that had a heart hanging from it. I wore it all the time to please him and because I loved it. We never fought nor did he hurt me, but I always wondered why he did. I never asked though. If you know what I mean. It always ended up the same way in the end; me being hurt. When school started up again I was nervous about my confession. Would Tristan confront him? I would know soon enough.

"I can't wait for May," groaned Mel as the teacher lectured on and on. As seniors we got out at the end of May instead of June. I never really thought of graduation. Again came that horrible question: what would dad do during my absence in the fall?

"Me too," I said resting my head on my hands. At least when May came around, I wouldn't see Tristan and his make out sessions everyday, I thought. There it was again, that turning in my gut. "How was break?"

"Finally. I thought you'd never ask," Mel said perking up a bit. "Andrew and I spent Christmas eve together and Christmas day. If you know what I mean," she winked.

"TMI," I said quickly when the teacher came around passing out a pop quiz.

"Damn I didn't pay attention," Mel said frustrated. Niether had I.

During fourth period I could feel the tension radiating off of Jason. He was not happy. I sighed and tugged on his arm. Big mistake. He grabbed my wrist and held tight. Too tight. I bit my lip in pain, tasting a metallic substance that I was too familiar with.

"Your hurting me," I whispered to him. He let go immediately and shot me one of his do-not-disturb-me looks. I sighed. He walked me to lunch and then left. Mel seemed to notice the tension and raised her eyebrows. I shrugged. For the next two periods I took my usual notes. Jason walked me to my seventh period and kissed me quickly before leaving. I sighed. Here we go- Tristan was alone. He looked up as I entered the classroom. Not once did he blink. I sat down and took out my notes. He just kept staring at me.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," I snapped. His lips twitched as he tried fight a smile.

"We still need to talk," he stated.

"No we don't," I shot back. I glared into his grey blue eyes. I couldn't pull away from his mysterious gaze. Something was wrong with me. "Go talk those girls you always suck face with."

"Jealous?" he asked, but it was more of a statement. I glared at him. I was not jealous. Liar, liar, liar, my thoughts sang at me. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"No. I'm. Not," I said angrily.

"Denial," he said back.

"Shut up," I hissed.

"Acceptance," he declared.

"Fuck you," I said.

"Bargaining?" he said raising his eyebrows. He was impossible. He chuckled and smirked at my fustrated expression. I wanted to scream at him. Ugh! Why couldn't he just ignore me? Leave me? Did I want him to leave me? Again my gut twisted. He made me so confused. He was either this impossible monster or an anti-social ass.

"If you need answers-" he began.

"I don't need them from you," I interrupted.

"You know where to find me," he finished. I ignored him for the rest of class and when the bell rang I shot him a glare. "Just to let you know," he whispered close to me, "I'm jealous."
♠ ♠ ♠
Glad I was able to finish this. Came out better than I thought it would. I was staring at my iPad for a good ten minutes thinking what am I going to write? Writers block sucks :( but I got through it! Thought It was funny how I threw I the stages of denial/grief, though it isn't in the same order :3 oh well sounds better like that. Hope you all enjoy!

Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!