Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Eighteen: Moving Forward~

Sunday morning I went home. Dad was a little worried, but let me have my space only because I was happy. His new job always called for him unexpectedly so sometimes he wouldn't be home. I didn't mind. He liked his job and I was glad to heart that tonight he was going a small dinner date with some girl from work. He fixed lunch, which was a BLT sandwich.

"So what are you going to wear?" I asked the normal girlie things. He shrugged.

"Something casual," he stated, "it's not a fancy dinner and I want to look normal." I smiled at this. After eating I walked upstairs into my dad's room and found a nice pair of jeans and a blue polo. It was my favorite shirt of his. I came down and handed him the clothes.

"How about this?" I smiled. He smiled too and complied. He understood that when mom and Lacey left I didn't have anyone to be "girlie" around.

"By the way, check your phone," dad yelled as I ran back upstairs. I sighed. I did go look at my phone. Jason had been calling like crazy. My phone rang as I looked at it. It was him. I pressed the send button.

"Where have you been?" he shouted with worry. The sincerity in his voice made my stomach clench. "I thought someone kidnapped you!"

"Jason I was just making a run to the mechanics shop," I said, "the rain delayed me and I spent the night in a hotel," I lied. I didn't like lying. It always left a bad taste in my mouth.

"Do you mind stopping by this evening?" he asked sweetly.

"Okay," I said after a few moments of thinking. I hung up a few minutes later. The rest of the day I helped my dad get ready and when he left around 7:30 to go pick her up I had my tearful good-bye. I was so happy he was moving forward. Just a few years ago he was cooped up in his room all depressed. After he left I got ready and grabbed my keys. This would be it. I was going to dump Jason.
♠ ♠ ♠
So so so sorry for the late update. I'm sorry it's just a filler and I didn't edit :(

Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!