Sequel: High Tide
Status: Finished.

Waves

~Nineteen: Free~

Jason was on the porch when I showed up. He looked worried, but I knew how fast his mood could change from the loving concerned boyfriend to a killer. I knew it took the wrong words for that mood to change and I was going to be saying the worst. I waited by my car until he realized I wasn't coming in. He jogged over to me. I felt guilt and fear seeping into my mind, my body, and my bones.

"Clary?" he asked carefully. Did he sense I was going to break up with him? He must have. "I'm sorry for hurting you. Please forgive me?" he begged.

"I'm sorry," I said surprisingly calm, "I can't forgive you. Jason I can't stay with you." His face darkened and I knew that he snapped. "Don't make this anymore harder than it already is," I said, fighting a little at my fear. He pulled his hands into fists and I cringed.

"I'm sorry," he choked, "Clary, I love you. Don't you know that? Please don't do this." He was breaking and I was the cause. I felt so guilty for cheating. My attempt of suicide flashed in my mind and I felt a surge of strength. He was hurting me in every single way and it needed to stop.

"Don't make this hard," I pleaded, "you've hurt me enough. It has to stop."

"I-I promise I won't hurt you," he begged, but I could tell he wasn't sure he could not hurt me. He reached for me, but I moved away. It hurt me to do this, but Tristan was right. This was not a healthy relationship. I was done. We were done.

"I'm sorry Jason. I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving you," I said getting into my car. I sped out his drive way. His torn expression still etched in my brain. I was thankful he didn't try to hurt me. I drove away from home to a familiar place. It was late when I arrived and I knocked on the door. My phone buzzed, but I ignored it.

"Hey," said a sleepy, shirtless Tristan, "what a nice surprise." I smiled and walked in, making myself comfortable on the warm couch, and patted the seat next to me. Tristan walked over and sat. He looked at me skeptically. I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him close to me. I smirked and kissed him. He woke up a little at abrupt outburst of affection. I pulled away and rested my head on his chest as I climbed into his lap. "Hm, a very, very nice surprise."

"I wanted to tell you," I began, "I just broke up with Jason. I wanted you to be the first to know and I wanted to tell you in person." He looked a little shocked and then smiled. The smile reached his eyes and he smothered me in kisses, lingering at my lips before smiling again.

"How do you feel?" he asked brushing my hair out of my face. I thought for awhile and then smiled.

"I feel free."
♠ ♠ ♠
Recommend, Comment, and Subscribe!