Status: Co-written story with no one other than Miss. Ariel.

A Daydream Away

Chapter Four.

I sat on my bed, for hours it seemed. Mom came up to my room when she got home. “Honey, are you alright?” I looked at her with my swollen red eyes, and quickly looked back down. “Oh, Jack... What happened?” I start fidgeting with my hands. “I… I… kissed A-Al-Alex…” Mom wrapped her arms around me. I continued, in between sobs, “A-and then h-he kissed back… Bu-but he gave me a weird look… An-and ran out the d-door. I-I haven’t heard fr-from him since…” Mom looked at me, and said, “Everything will work out in time… How ‘bout we go out to eat. You pick.” I smiled a bit. This is why I love my mom. She’s always there and she understands me. She also understands my love for food, especially when I'm upset.

~

After I cleaned myself up, Mom and I headed out to Denny’s. I love going to Denny’s because I can eat breakfast food any time of the day. Mom and I talk, laugh, and of course, eat. It actually took my mind off things, until Mom brought it up again. “So what are you going to do about this thing with you and Alex?” She asked. I stopped, mid-bite. I swallowed and coughed. “I, uhm. I dunno. He’s not… He’s not like me, so there’s nothing I can do. I’m going to have to pretend nothing happened…” “But something did… Sweetie. If he kissed back then he must have feelings for you too.” I shrug, trying not to picture it in my head. “So anyway, how’s your omelet, mom?” She laughed. “It’s quite cheesy.” I look up at her and she has this huge smile on her face. It’s just my mom and me. My dad died before I was born. Mom still loves him. She doesn’t even attempt to date. I know she misses him, and I do too. Even though I didn’t have the chance to know him. Sometimes, I feel like he’s here watching over his only, and growing up son. I hope I make him proud. I leave Denny’s happy, only to be reminded of what happened today. I frown. What am I going to do? I don’t want to lose Alex. I don’t want to hurt Ariella. She’s like my sister. But Alex, I’ve had a crush on him forever. Even though I know he won’t feel the same way, I want him to still like me, as a friend. He’s my rock. I can’t… I can’t lose him. It wasn’t until then, I realized how deep into this I was. “Oh man…” I groaned. Mom looked at me concerned. I just shook my head, “The wheels in my head are turning! Don’t worry!” She looked at me, “Is that what smells? I thought maybe it was someone’s truck or something.” I laughed.

~

When I get home, I tell Mom I’m going to go work on my homework, which I do, for the first ten minutes. I started to drift after the ten minutes, thinking about Alex and what I was going to do. I give up on homework and take a shower. Showers help me relax. After my shower, I lay down on my bed and tried to sleep. I couldn’t. I spent hours thinking about Alex and eventually I watch the sun come up. Did I really stay awake all night? Oh no… I was going to have to face Alex and school with no sleep. Yay me…
♠ ♠ ♠
OH.MI.GOD. Hai. Lolol. I'm so so so sorry that this wasn't like updated sooner. I feel bad D: But I was really busy.

But, I hope y'all like this. I'm still really nervous that like. I'm gonna mess something up. >.< So tell me what you think? Please? Just don't be too rude if you don't like it. I'm sensitive. Kay?

Anyway. ENJOY<3

-Ariel