Status: New story, different from anything I've read

World Traveler

Awkward

School was a nightmare the first day. Even though Basil was in my grade, she and I didn’t share a single class. I was in all ‘advance placement’ classes while she puttered in general education. To make matters worse, it seemed like no one in this town had heard a British accent before. Before second period I had kids walk up to me and ask me to talk for them, like some freak at the zoo. I had started to call them all ‘bloody wankers’ and they thought it was hilarious. Bloody wankers.

Lunch rolled around quickly. That was the best part about this school. It was wonderful. For meal, it was barbeque chicken with mac and cheese and broccoli as a vegetable. It was all edible. I literally called Liam just to brag about it. He wasn’t amused. We talked all lunch though, about how much he missed me and then how I missed him more. He also mentioned that Charles, the new quarterback was asking about me. He was a sophomore like Liam and I, but he was so ‘promising’ they made him quarterback this year. That, and he was godlike. Windswept black hair, hunter green eyes, full lips. Of course I missed out of that.

After lunch I had an interesting class. It was called AS-100 Flight Science. As I walked into the class, it was not at all like I expected. It was like walking into military barracks for goodness sakes! Everyone in there stood behind chairs and such, not really talking. Was I being recruited?

“Hello and welcome to ROTC! My name is Colonel Garth, and you are?” A tall man with blond hair approached me. He was older with a kind smile.

“S-Samantha Payne, sir.” I watched his eyebrows raise at the sound of my accent.

“British? You must be the new exchange student! You’re assigned guidance counselor thought it would be great to get you into a family sort of class. We all work together here, like a family. You’ll be seated here, next to Haven Rose.” My eyes flicked to the girl in question and it was the girl from the plane! She smiled brightly and I immediately relaxed. Colonel Garth walked off after that. Then the bell rang. We all sat after roll call, which was long and boring, and I noticed Stephanie and Basil were also in this class, but they were seated across the room.

The class itself seemed interesting, but I could do without all of the military training. I don’t care how ‘family’ they are, if I got screamed at one more time I was gonna break. All it did, really, was make me miss home that much more. Liam and I never really fought. Only on our birthday. Speaking of which, that was next week!

The thought of my birthday caused me to do a little happy dance in my seat, earning me weird looks. I was going to be 16 in a matter of days. Then my face fell. This was going to be my first birthday without Liam.
♠ ♠ ♠
So! No one has guessed the song Liam will audition with :( I promise it isn't hard ;) Either way, next chapter will be their birthday and then after that, the audition! Woo! 1D is comin'!