Status: New story, different from anything I've read

World Traveler

Coming Home

The buzz of my alarm seemed more chipper and happy today. It was like inviting me to get up, instead of telling me to. However, I was already awake, talking to Liam.

We had been talking since midnight, his time. He called to brag that he was already sixteen, and it felt great, but after awhile we just started talking. Since Basil and I lived in the attic, i had a straight shot out the window to the roof, so that’s where I was seated.

“So, Sammy, how are you fairing state-side?” I chuckled at my brother. His hair was ridiculously messy and his eyes were tired and a bit bloodshot. Then I looked at his smile, it was a half smile, the only kind I could get out of him since my “incident”. My heart broke thinking how much my pain affected him.

“Li, why don’t you smile for me anymore?” His eyes shot to his keyboard. “Don’t try to lie, or avoid the question. Ever since my incident, you stopped smiling around me. I know I’m not like I was, I’m more quiet and reserved, but that doesn’t mean I want to lose you too. You’re my brother, the only one I can stand to be around more than an hour a day. I’m drowning over here without you.”

“You think its any different for me? I went to bed early so I could be up at midnight, then I rushed to your room to get you, and you weren’t there. Do you even think how hard this is for me? Sure, I’ve got plenty of friends, but only one best friend, and she happens to me millions of miles away and the only way I can see her is through a stupid computer screen. I want to be happy that you’re accomplishing your dreams, but what about mine? X Factor auditions are next week, and you aren’t going to be there. I-I have to go.” By the time the screen went black, I was bawling. It was one thing to fight with him across the table, it was another to be in two different countries. He was right. I was so selfish.

I made my way inside the house, plugging in my laptop before heading down stairs. I needed to... get away. This family was wonderful, and I was starting my dream, but its no good without Liam. Luckily, Marsha was in the kitchen, even at 1:30 in the morning.

“Marsha! Er- Mom, I have to talk to you!” I was whispering as loud as I could, trying to convey that what I needed to say was urgent.

“Hey baby, I’m sorry,” she yawned, “I heard you yelling and woke up.” I frowned.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know any windows were open, that’s why I went out.” She waved it off and motioned for me to sit.

“So, you want to go home?” I nodded while sighing.

“It’s not that far into the year, at all, so I can head home and be with my brother. I know me being home is the one thing he wants for him birthday. I’m just, not ready to travel. If I do, it should be with him by my side, ya know?” She smiled and nodded.

“I want you to know, your parents know you very well. They never signed you up for three years, you were to be here for a week, which you were, and if you could handle it, the program would accept you. But, you want to go home. Did you ever unpack?” I shook my eyes, my eyes shining. “I did, however, take the liberty to sign Alex up in the program, I was hoping you wouldn’t mind him flying back with you and living in your house? You’re parents approve.”

“Alright mom, I’ll keep in touch, thank you so much.”

“Go wake up Alex, you’re going home.” I did. Alex was pissed he was up at two in the morning, but my tears of happiness stopped him from arguing, until I told him the news.

“I don’t want to go! Where’s my mom?”

“Alex, please, I want to show you my world, then we can come back and see yours. Your mom is in her room, we have a flight in,” I glanced at the paper Marsha wrote on before I bolted up the stairs, “three hours. Please get ready.” He sighed and nodded. Once he was starting to pack, I ran back to my room to get ready.

Fifteen minutes later, I was dressed, packed, and just putting the last touch in my suitcase. The picture of Liam and I. I kissed it once, just on his forehead, before dropping it in the front pocket.

“I’m coming home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't the end of her travels. It was actually pretty spontaneous.

Hope you like it