Status: New story, different from anything I've read

World Traveler

Nightmare

Sammy’s first month of delivery passed without a problem. All of the people loved her. She was sweet, polite, and had the cutest smile. Mrs. James loved her the most and every Sunday would invite her for tea and cookies.

The first two weeks of delivering, Marcus drove Sammy around and let her throw the papers from the car, but it got old quick for them both. Marcus hated to wake up at four thirty, Sammy was even up at four. She had breakfast made for them both and coffee for her dad, to try and make it easier. Marcus would grin and bear it for his little girl, but he wanted to sleep in. His prayers were answered just before Sammy’s third week.

“Daddy, while you’ve been working Liam and I ride my route on our bikes and it isn’t hard. I wanna start doing that.” Marcus was hesitant. It was dangerous go a girl as beautiful as his to be out alone.

“Are you sure baby girl? I don’t mind driving you.” Sammy nodded her head, a sure look on her face. Marcus’s heart swelled and he smiled at his little girl. Susan, however, wasn’t happy or amused in the least.

“Marcus! You can not allow her to do that route alone. Bike or not.” After dinner one night, when Liam was practicing a new song in front of Sammy, Susan let fly her feelings.

“She wants to do this honey, and she is almost 8. Let her try it. If she complains or anything, I’ll start driving again. Okay?” Reluctantly Susan nodded, and both went to their living room to see both their kids laughing and dancing together to Liam’s new favorite song to sing, “I Want It That Way”.

Finally, Sammy was working for Mr. Gifford for a month. Leroy hadn’t tried anything, yet, but when he saw Sammy was riding her own bike, without Marcus, he was ready to move. That Sunday was the same story, Sammy showed up with $900 dollars, but no Marcus.

“Hi Mr. Gifford!” Sammy called outside. “I’m hear to pick up next week’s papers.” Leroy hustled to the door, dressed in a plain orange shirt and jean shorts.

“Come on in Sammy!” He had a large smile on his face. He usually wasn’t into little girls, but there was something about Sammy’s personality. Sammy followed Mr. Gifford to his living room, which was scattered with papers. Misprints, unused photos, and old newspapers littered his floors and furniture. “Take a seat sweetie, we need to talk.” Sammy plopped on his couch without a thought of moving the papers. To her, the mess was nothing, she lived with Liam. “I calculated your total tips, you make a lot of money in tips, and I pay you about $500 a month. Something isn’t right when you make $1000 a month. You need to do more to earn it.” Sammy looked at him confused, her hazel/green eyes filled with childish innocence.

“More like what, Mr. Gifford? I’ll deliver more papers.” Mr. Gifford chuckled, but shook his head.

“There are no more papers deary. But I do know what you can do. You have to promise not to tell your parents though,okay?” Sammy nodded frantically, her hair bobbing on her head. The sight made Mr. Gifford’s lips curl. “Okay then, take your pants off Sammy, I’m going to expose to the wonderful world of adult things.”

Mr. Gifford violated Sammy that Sunday, he laughed as she screamed and cried. To her, it seemed like he would never stop touching her, ruining her. Her parents didn’t notice for two years. She hid her pain and suffering well. She was 10 when they found out, by that time, she had been raped at least a hundred times. After the third trip, she asked to be called Sam, Mr. Gifford called her Sammy. He screamed Sammy, she didn’t want to hear it anymore.

“Sam, honey, are you alright?” Susan tapped on the door to her daughter’s room. Sam was quiet, distancing herself from her family. On the plus side, she had a lot of money saved up to travel.

“Fine mom.” She cursed her voice as it cracked and made her sound broken.

“Sammy- er, sweetie, talk to me, please. Your father and I worried, and Liam hasn’t sung a single note since you stopped talking to him.” Sam sighed. This was too much for a 10 year old. Thankfully, Mr. Gifford was no longer interested in her, he fired her last week.

“Well, its a long story, but I was sworn to secrecy.” Susan walked in, looking a lot older than she should have. Once Susan was situated, Sam began her story, her nightmare.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there you go. I couldn't bring myself to actually write about her being raped. None the less, I hope you enjoy it. The next chapter will jump to her first trip, to America.