Status: New story, different from anything I've read

World Traveler

Meet the Family!

I slept the whole plane ride. Since it was my first time actually on a plane, I didn’t know what to expect. I boarded and found myself seated next to an older guy and a girl, probably his daughter. She tried to make conversation while we waited for take-off, but I basically brushed her off. I felt bad, but I wasn’t on the plane to make friends, I was there to start my dream (and to not die).

Countless hours later and the plane finally landed. The girl next to me woke me up, which I was grateful for, and her dad helped me to get my carry on bag down. I exited the plane behind them and was trying to make my way to the baggage claim when a voice called me.

“Hey! Wait! Hey!” The girl from the plane was running to catch up with me. “My- phew!- my name is Haven. I was wondering if you wanted to exchange numbers, I-uh- I mean,. you seem really cool and if you’re gonna be staying in New Hampshire you could use some friends. I don’t mean to be forward.” I smiled at her. Now that I was out of that death trap, I mean, plane, I was more willing to talk.

“I’m Samantha, call me Sam. Uh, I don’t have a phone presently. I’m only 15, my mom doesn’t believe in that. If you give me your number though, I’ll put you in my contacts book.” She smiled back and agreed, not thinking I was weird at all. She passed me a slip of paper and I promised to call her when I got to my new home.

She finally went back to her dad and I walked to the bag claim. As soon as I got there, luck was on my side. My bag had just come out and I hurried to grab it. A large hand shot out and latched onto it first however. The person that owned the hand started to walk away from the claim. “Erm, sir, that’s my bag.” I pulled on his arm and he turned, his face angry.

“Do you think I’m an idiot? I travel everywhere for my work. I know what my luggage looks like!” He tried to storm away again but I didn’t let him leave.

“No, sir, I don’t think you’re an idiot, but that is my bag. It was a picture of me and my brother in the front pocket.” He stopped once more and sighed.

“Look little girl, when you travel, its possible to have the same suitcase as someone else. I assure you that this is mine.” Again he turned from me.

“Sir. I can see my brother and I in the mesh pocket. I put the picture there so I knew it was my bag. Just look and you’ll see. I’m sure you’re busy, but I assure you that that is my suitcase.” He stopped one last time and spun around. His face was red and he didn’t look happy. Before I knew it, his hand came up and he backhanded me across the face.

“This is NOT your bag! Here let me show you! Look no... Oh my.” His speech stopped. I lay on the floor, my hand cupping my cheek. He had finally seen the photo. He quickly tried to backtrack and apologize, but airport security was on him quickly.

“Are you alright?” Through blurry vision, I looked up to see a pair of kind eyes. I slowly nodded my head and grabbed the hand they held out. “Here is your bag. That man was crazy. My name is Alex.” I wiped away the tears that had fallen and shook his hand once I was upright.

“Samantha Payne. Nice to meet you, and thank you.” I took my bag from him and pulled out the picture of my brother and I. I kissed it once and put it back into the pocket. I missed Liam now more than ever.

“Oh! You’re the girl that is going to be living with my family! I thought you looked familiar. I’m Alex Kennedy, one of your host brothers. Marsha Hudson is my mom. She is over there with my siblings and step father. Come on!” He pulled me behind him, my hand still in his.

We didn’t have to go far to find his family. There was three women and three men, one being Alex. “This is my mom, Marsha, my step-sisters Stephanie and Basil, my step-father George, and my little half brother, Jesse.” Alex himself was cute. He had dark brown hair, brown eyes, and he was kind of tall, taller than me at least. Marsha had bright red hair she was short and stout, but pretty with a kind smile. Stephanie and Basil looked older, Stephanie had long, black, curly hair and striking green eyes. Basil had shoulder length red hair, her eyebrow pierced and cloudy blue eyes. George was short and tan. He had short brown, wild hair. Jesse was young, probably 12, he was large. He had dirty blond hair and brown eyes. “Mom, this is Sam, your newest kid!”

“Hello baby! Oh you’re so pretty!” Marsha rushed over and hugged me tightly. She reminded me of my mother, and that comforted me greatly. Marsha pulled my brown hair from my face and just looked at me. “Gosh you are gorgeous. People say that the most beautiful people have been put through the most challenges.” When Marsha said that I jerk my head back and looked away. I had made peace with my past, but I still don’t like to talk about it. “Oh, sorry baby. I didn’t meant to hurt you. Well gang, lets get going!”

Marsha talked the whole way to the car, asking questions then answering them right away. She also told me about the kids. Stephanie was 17, Basil 16, and they were George’s kids from another marriage. Alex was 14 and Jesse was 12. Stephanie was going to be a senior, Basil, a sophomore, like me (she failed freshman year) and Alex was going to be a freshman. Stephanie was going to drive us to school. Jesse had to take the bus to the middle school because he was still in Year 7. “And sweetie, feel free to call me Mom, and you can just call George Georgie, Alex does it all the time.” I smiled to her. Finally we reached a large green van. “Okay, kids, Sam and Basil in the middle, Alex, Jesse, and Steph in the back.” We all clamored in and I got to know Basil better. At least, I got to know her enough to know that she scared me half to death, and that I would be sharing a room with her. Yay (not!).
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew, another chapter finally :3

Everyone she meets is based on real people that I do in fact know. For example, Haven is my oldest friend, Alex is my boyfriend, and his family, is based off his real family, but all their names have been changed.

Hope you like it :) Comment please