Status: New story, different from anything I've read

World Traveler

Homesick

The rest of my first day with the family passed without a hitch. Alex and I got on well, probably because I missed my brother so much, and jesse just liked to hear me talk because of my accent. Stephanie came home in time for dinner and complained about having a sexist pig for a boss and I had to leave the room to cry a bit, thinking of my first job. I excused myself politely, claiming the burgers George had made filled me quickly.

I scurried to my room, which I found on the first try, and pulled my beautiful new laptop from the confines of my suitcase. An application called ‘Skype’ popped up as soon as it loaded completely. ’Welcome Sammy’ to the left of the message was an online list. I saw ‘LiamPayne’ with a green circle. Clicking on his name, a new window popped up and said ‘dialing LiamPayne’. Moments later, my brothers face appeared.

Tears instantly appeared in my eyes, my thoughts of Mr. Gifford long forgotten as I gazed upon my brother. I missed him so much. I saw tears in his eyes as well before a large smile broke out on his face.

“Hey there baby sister. How are you?” Hearing his voice sent me over the emotional edge and the tears poured from my hazel eyes. Through my sobs I choked out that I missed him so much. “I miss you too deary. Well, who’s that?” I heard coughing behind me and swung to see Alex.

“Th-this is Alex, my new brother.” Realizing how bad it sounded after I said it, I quickly tried to take it back.

“Calm down Sammy, I understand what you mean. Nice to meet you mate, take good care of my sister or else.” Alex mock saluted.

“Sorry Sam, I was just coming to check on you. I’ll let you talk to your brother. Nice to meet you man!” Alex trampled down the stairs and I turned back to Liam.

“I promise I’ll introduce you to everyone soon. I hate to admit it, but I had to get away from them. One of my new ‘sisters’ was complaining about her male boss at work and it brought up unhappy memories.” Liam nodded slowly.

“I’m sorry sissy. Well, its late, I should be getting to bed. I hope you have fun in America, make sure they treat you nice.” The screen to my laptop went dark as Liam ended the call. I sighed and shut it slowly, making sure to connect the power cord to it and to the wall. I set it on my bedside table before climbing into bed, claiming that crying made me sleepy. Only three more years.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've very sorry this is so short, life is pretty crazy. I'm gonna work on getting one chapter out every Sun/Mon, if we're lucky. My life is just really complicated and hectic, there aren't enough hours in a day to do everything.