Carry on, Wayward Dean

Chapter Six

As the men scurried around the deserted town and gathered what little food supplies they could find, Gluttony was reporting to his master. Lucifer had been thrilled at the news of the location of the other Winchester and immediately went there alone. Perhaps a little chat one on one with Dean to his dear Sammy could help lure him in so he could kill him. Lucifer arrived when they were putting food in the car, getting ready to leave and carry on their pointless journey.

“Hello, Dean,” Lucifer snarled. Dean froze at the sound of his long-lost brother’s voice, then slowly turned around. Matt, Zacky and Brian seemed stunned at the sudden arrival of a new man.

“Lucifer… You found me…” was all that Dean could manage to say. He wasn’t planning on this happening, or at least not for a while. Dean had intended on living a little longer and saving a few more people, and he still had to teach his new companions so much about the supernatural!

“Did he say Lucifer?” Brian hissed at his friends, but none of them replied. They were too busy focusing on the new man. There was definitely an evil vibe coming from him.

“I just wanted to drop by, say hello… Maybe let Sam out to talk to you for a bit…” Lucifer drawled, clearly enjoying himself. He became cocky when he knew he had the upper hand. But then again, who wouldn’t if they finally found the one person they had to kill so they could rule the world indefinitely? “You did know he’s still alive, right? Still suffering in his own body…” Dean grimaced at his words, wishing they weren’t true, but somehow knowing the devil wasn’t lying.

“If you’re going to kill me, then just do it already!” Dean shouted, opening his arms out and essentially offering himself to the fallen angel. Lucifer was taken aback slightly.

“Dean, wh-” Lucifer began. He was interrupted by his own screams as a flash of intense white light encompassed him. When the vivid light stopped blinding the humans, the Archangel had disappeared.

“What the hell was that…?” Matt trailed off. Cas was standing with his hand pressed to a wall, a sigil written in blood on it. He had somehow managed to save the day.

“That was Lucifer. We must hurry and get away from here before he finds us again. He must not kill Dean,” Cas explained as he wiped his vessel’s blood on his dirty jeans. Without hesitation, everyone piled into the car and then they sped off, changing their route to be west instead of north.

“Ya know, I’m thinking this supernatural stuff actually exists now,” Zacky said, breaking the silence.

“Well what else would be an explanation for a man to appear out of nowhere, and then disappear into white light?” Brian retorted before rubbing his hands over his face. “Jesus Christ, this is intense…”

“We gotta be strong, though,” Matt piped up. “Val would want that. Jimmy and Johnny too. We have to fight whatever the hell it is that we’re up against, and we have to win.”

“I agree,” Brian nodded after thinking for a moment. He smiled a little, glad Dean’s brief chat with Matt earlier had helped to calm him down. Whatever he had said, it must have been inspiring.

“Me too. I’ll do my best,” Zacky said. “Can we stick with you guys? You seem to know what you’re doing and know a lot about what we’re at war with.” Dean and Cas shared a quick glance, even though they both already knew the answer.

“Of course. Welcome to the twisted family,” Dean replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments will remind me to update this, and I always appreciate hearing your thoughts, whether it's good or bad. Thanks to everyone who commented on the last update.