Carry on, Wayward Dean

Chapter Seven

One week, five vampires, three werewolves, and forty six zombies later, the former band members had toughened up a lot and adapted to their new lifestyle. With a bit of simple magic, they were able to stay hidden from Lucifer and most of his minions, and Gluttony was still searching desperately in nearby areas to locate them once more. However, there was one man that they could never hide from, and he easily located the group of five men. He went to a pizza shop in the town they were due to visit next, heated up his own frozen pizza, and began to eat. It was the first shop Dean decided to search for food in, and he halted once he saw the old man eating there.

“D- Death? What are you doing here?” Dean stuttered, still in the doorway and uncertain of what to do.

“Please, sit,” Death instructed before placing another bite in his mouth. Dean cautiously approached the table and sat down, feeling very tense. He waited in silence as Death chewed and then swallowed. “Don’t look so nervous, Dean. I’m not here to reap you or any of your friends, and this town is empty of Reapers. You are fine for the time being.”

“That’s very comforting,” Dean smiled anxiously. “But surely you didn’t come all the way here to tell me that. You’re a busy man, right?”

“Right. I have much more important news,” Death told him as he cut another piece of pizza. Dean once again had to wait for the superior being to eat it before he spoke once more. “You are in danger. Not from dying, but from a certain demon who will report you to Lucifer again. You obviously can’t let that happen. It is imperative that you stay hidden from Lucifer.”

“I am doing my best. It’s a bit hard when your side-kick angel doesn’t have any voodoo juice left, and you can’t find any old books with spells, but I am still trying.”

“Try harder,” Death stated with some force in his tone. “The demon Gluttony isn’t too far away from this town so you must leave soon. I advise heading south and keep going until you don’t know where you are anymore. Get lost, find shelter and a constant food supply, and wait things out. Who knows, maybe I’ll get to reap a certain Archangel soon…”

“You mean- Lucifer? Really? This is all going to end soon?” Dean spluttered with joy and hope. “Can you do it so Sam is okay?”

“I said maybe, and remember my definition of soon is probably a lot different to yours since you have not lived for as long as I have,” Death replied calmly. “I do not like Lucifer; you know that. He has enslaved me and I cannot break free. He makes me do some of his dirty work instead of doing my actual job. I need you to-” The door burst open, Brian storming in with a gun raised and aimed at Death’s head. Zacky followed with a baseball bat, Matt holding a machete a step behind him.

“Dean! You alright? What is it? Vampire? Demon? Shapeshifter?” Brian shouted, moving closer to the two men seated at the small table.

“I think you should show me some more respect,” Death said simply and calmly. It sort of fazed Brian, but he stayed strong.

“He’s right guys. Lower the gun,” Dean ordered. “I think I have some explaining to do…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I've been sick and updating wasn't a priority when I was trying to recover and catch up on lectures I'd missed. Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading this one. It's almost finished, so leave a comment and I'll update soon :)