Status: I plan on updating this twice a week! That might have to slow down to once a week when school starts back though.

Sell Your Soul

Crush.

Hannah was surprised when she met Johnny’s sister, she wasn’t anything like what Hannah expected. She was very pretty with obviously bleached blonde hair and big blue eyes much like Johnny’s own. Her hair was pulled up and tied with a red bandana, she had on a white t-shirt and blue jeans.

“Hello Hannah, its nice to meet you. I’m Andrea.” She smiled.
“It’s very nice to meet you ma’am” Hannah said returning the smile.
“Let me show you to your room.” Andrea led Hannah inside the flat to a small bedroom. It was painted a light blue with white accents.
“Thank you for allowing me to stay with you. It’s very kind.” Hannah smiled.
“It’s not problem! I’ll leave you and let you get settled.

“She’s something else Johnny.” Andrea laughed as she returned to her living room.
“Yeah, yeah she is.” Johnny’s eyes lit up as he smiled.
“You’re sweet on her!” Andrea exclaimed playfully punching her brother.
“Look at her And, she wouldn’t last a minute out on these streets. She needed me. I’ve got a soft spot for good girls – you know that. Thanks for letting her stay with you.”
Andrea laughed. “No problem. I’ll see if I can get her a job with me at Rick’s. I doubt she’ll be any trouble, besides I’m glad to have the company. Being alone sucks!”
“This is why you’re my favorite sister.”
“I’m your only sister.”
“Shut up.”

Hannah unpacked her small duffel bag she didn’t have much, just some clothes, a few photographs, some of her banned books that she had been hiding and of course her stuffed giraffe. It was the one and only piece she had left of her childhood before her parents got sucked into being religious nuts and her entire life fell apart.

She was five and her family was normal, her dad worked long hours at a factory and her mom worked as a nurse’s assistant. Her kindergarten class went on a trip to the zoo and she fell in love with the giraffes. So she had bought herself a stuffed giraffe. She could remember it vividly, it was one of her last good memories before her parents met Father Brinks and her life changed forever.

**

Hannah and Andrea got along well, they bonded quickly over books and aspirations of traveling the world. Hannah opened up to Andrea about her parents and their crazy religious beliefs. Andrea got Hannah a job at Rick’s the restaurant where she worked, and opened up about how she secretly wanted to leave California and travel the world – but her overprotective brother would freak.

It was two weeks before Johnny went to visit his sister and Hannah at Rick’s. He called to check on them often, and was pleased that they seemed to becoming good friends. The whole time he had been away he hadn’t been able to get Hannah off of his mind. Her big trusting brown eyes and her sweet smile. He was smitten with her and he knew that. So he tried to keep himself away, Hannah was too innocent to fall into his world. He wanted to keep her safe, like his sister. But Andrea wasn’t naïve she knew exactly what happened in Johnny’s life but she turned a blind eye and kept her distance. As much as Johnny tried to keep himself away he knew he would never be able to actually stay away from Hannah. He had to get to know her better.

“Hey bub!” Andie smiled at him as he walked in the door. “You eatin’ in?”
“I dunno, when do you get off work?” He asked trying to look for Hannah without Andrea noticing.
“I don’t get off for another two hours, but Hannah is about to clock out.” Andrea winked. She could read her brother like a book.
“Cool, the boys and I are having a cook out. I want both of you to come.”
“I’m in and you can ask Hannah your self, here she is now.” Andrea grinned.
“My friends and I are having a cook out, I want you and Andrea to come.” Johnny smiled at Hannah.
“I’d love to.” Hannah returned the smile.
“Johnny can give you a lift home and you can get ready and I’ll meet you at his place if that’s cool with you Han.” Andrea suggested, Johnny could see the mischevious glint in her eyes.
“That’s fine with me.” Hannah said following Johnny out to his car.
He opened the door for her.
“Thanks Johnny.” She said politely.
“No problem.”

She gripped the door as Johnny peeled out of the lot.
“So how have you been?” He asked.
“Good, I can’t thank you and Andrea enough for giving me a place to live and being so nice to me.” She blushed as she spoke.
“It’s no trouble at all. I’m glad you two are getting along well.” Johnny smiled.

Once they arrived at Andrea’s Hannah went to shower and change out of her work clothes so Johnny settled himself on the couch infront of the television. His phone rang and Andrea’s photo appeared on the screen. He answered it, shedidn’t even give him time to say hello.

“Listen, Hannah is amazing and I think she could totally fall for you. BUT she’s been so repressed for so long with her batshit parents that she has no idea how to have a relationship or anything. You’ve got to be careful with her. Because if you fuck this up I will be pissed! She is the first girl that you’ve ever brought home I’ve even remotely approved of.”
“Take a breath Andie.”
“I’m dead serious Johnny. This girl isn’t a one-night stand, she’s forever and if you get with her you better be prepared for that. If you break her heart I’ll snap your neck.”
“Arent you supposed to say that to her.” Johnny rolled his eyes.
“I’ve gotta go back to work, just remember what I said!”

Hannah walked back into the livingroom. Johnny smiled at her. She looked gorgeous. Andrea had obviously been working on her hair, it wasn’t nearly as long now and it fell in layers around her face she had a pink head band on. Her lips were glossy and pink and mascara made her brown eyes pop. She was wearing a pink tank top under a cream sweater over a lacy cream floral skirt. She still looked as innocent as the day two weeks ago, but she looked a little older.

“Ready?” He asked simply before holding his hand out to her. Hannah blushed and placed her hand in his, allowing him to lead her out to the car. She was full of butterflies.

“So, my friends are an interesting bunch. Just to give you a heads up.” Johnny warned her as they got closer to his house.

“If they’re half as nice as you and Andrea I think I’ll be fine.” Hannah smiled. She kept stealing glances at Johnny as he drove. He had a “3” tattooed on his neck and she wanted to ask him why, but couldn’t muster up the guts. She felt so backwards when it came to talking to him.

“Well, they’re good guys. They’re gonna be loud, vulgar and inappropriate as hell though. If they make you too uncomfortable just lemme know k baby doll?” Johnny was a little concerned about taking her around his friends. He’d told them about her and they all laughed and asked him if he was trying to live out that “Walk to Remember” movie.

“Sure.” Hannah’s heart was going to explode out of her chest. Having Johnny call her “baby doll” made her feel like she could just melt into a puddle right in her seat. She couldn’t help but wonder if this was love it was definitely something she had never felt before. Not that she had a lot of chances to be around guys that she found even remotely attractive. The man she was supposed to marry was way more than twice her age, and being in the same room as him made Hannah want to vomit. But her parents were so excited Father Brinks had chosen their daughter to take as his wife. But Hannah wasn’t. That’s why she ran away on her 18th birthday. There was no way in hell she was going to marry someone that she couldn’t stand to be in a room with. She had decided she would rather die on the street first. That was until she met her knight in shinning – er tattoos?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so much longer on Word. I know its a bit of background story/filler chapter. Thoughts?

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who commented and critiqued, even if you only read the summary...

Tessa D.
Loor.
Haylie Jaed.
stayup-getdown.
The Color Abi.
NyssaNightmare.