Status: Discontinued

Unintended

"Ghost Busters?"

I ended up nodding off a few times, Josh freaked out the first time because he thought I was dying again.

"I'm fine." I mumble, and snuggle back into my coat and nap again. The sound of Jason over the walkie-talkie jolts me awake.

"How is everything up there?"

"Not much is showing up on the cameras, guys." Josh sighs into the walkie talkie.

"Right. Well, I guess we should get you guys out here..."Grant says cautiously. I grin at Tango and elbow him inthe ribs.

"How's Ava?" Jay mumbles. I slyly take the walkie-talkie out of Josh's hand.

"I'm fine. Great, actually." I say. I want to get out there.

"Well good. We're going to head on up and we'll put you guys in the ruins, okay?"

"A'ight." I smile. Josh looks at me, concerned.

"You're sure you're okay?"

"You know, the cameras aren't going to like your change in character. You need to lighten up a bit, yeah?" I murmur sweetly. He breaks and smiles. "That's more like it."

Dave makes gagging faces from beside me. I roll my eyes as Jay, Grant, and Ben walk up. They get us geared up with backpacks and cameras and voice recorders before we head out. Jayson stops me.

"I don't want you out there, but I'm trusting that you'll come in the moment anything seems wrong." He looks into my face sternly.

"Yup."

"I'm serious, Ava. I don't want you to get hurt. There's some pretty serious claims around here."

"I know."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"If I feel threatened or faint then I'll stop immediately..."I trail off.

"Who are you gonna call?"

"Ghost busters?" I giggle.Jayson surpresses a smile but fails.

"I'm serious Ave."

"I know you are. I'll call in, don't worry."

"Okay..."Jason sighs, looking me over and then patting me on the back. "Get out there, Kiddo." I smile and join Josh and Tango and the small film crew that is following us. They're easy to ignore once you're used to them being there. I hold in my hands an EMF detector and a tape recorder. We don't have to cross too much field to get to the ruins (thankfully) but that doesn't stop both Tango and Josh from sticking to me closely. Once we get there, i clear my throat so they back up a bit. I'm still not sure if the producers will air my little dillemma, so I decide to pretend it never happened.

"Woah...I totally just got the creeps." Tango shudders.

"I'll scan around with the EMF detector." I narrate. I walk up a bit and start slose to the ground and up the dilapidated walls of the castle. I get a small reading.

"Hm." I murmur. "This doesn't make sense. There shouldn't be anything out here." I sigh. Josh turns around quick.

"Something just touched me." He said in an 'uhh???' kind of way, swatting at his neck.

"Spiders? Wind? Grass?" I suggest. "We're outside."

"I don't know." He shudders.

"Ave, start an EVP session." Dave suggests. I click on the recorder.

"Ava, Josh and Tango in the ruins," I start,"Is there anyone here with us?" I don't even feel anything until a familiar chill rushes over me. I shiver. "Woah."

"You okay?"Josh inquires.

"Yeah. Is someone trying to contact us?" I say, barely over a whisper. After a moment, I add. "What is your name?"

"Man, something isn't right here." Josh says, peeking around the open corner of the castle.

"Did you touch my friend, Josh?" Another silence.

"Why are you still here?" Tango asks, reluctant. I feel a breeze come over from nowhere, and feel eyes on me.

"Yo...do you guys..."

"Yeah." Dave says, not moving at all. I stay perfectly still.

"Were you the one who attacked Ava earlier?" Josh asks. I shoot him a look. The sound of my EMF detector going crazy nearly makes me piss myself. Dave stares at me, wide eyed.

"Let's get you out of here."

"No, we can't stop now." I sigh,"We might lose it." My EMF dies down.

"Do you want to hurt one of us?" EMF spikes slightly. I shudder.

"Which one of us?" Josh asks.

There is nothing on the EMF. Not forever,it seems.

"Are you still there?" I ask, almost afraid of any further answers. I'm terrified. What if it's--

The EMF spikes. I glance at Josh. He looks ready to drag me back to base.

Suddenly, it's crazy-quiet. I can't explain it. It's almost like you couldn't even hear the bay anymore. I look at the EMF. It's on zero.

"Did we lose it?" Dave asks. I look down, inspecting the device. I look at the stick that points to the EMF signal it gets.

"Um, guys." I said. Josh leans over my shoulder, Dave cranes his neck.

"Oh my God."

"What?" Dave asks, obviously still afraid to move.

"The fucking thing snapped. under the glass."

"Did you drop it?"

"Did you see me drop it?" I hiss. I turn it over in my hands.

"The thing must be fried. I'm not getting anything."

"Well what do we do now?" Dave asks. I look between the two of them. My ideas don't generally go over well. But I'm not prepared to lose such great evidence adn disappoint Jay.

"Set up a camera 15 yards away. We're doing isolation."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! :D