Status: Discontinued

Unintended

"And I feel safe."

"You have got to be kidding." Josh growled, crossing his arms in front of him. The camera men had stopped rolling.

"I want to."

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can let you."

"Why not?"

"You know very well why not." He whispered. I had never seen him so serious. I puffed out my lower lip.

"Pwease,Joshie?" I murmur softly.

"Out of the question."

"Nothing is ever out of the question." I whisper. He sighs and looks up. The sky is coated by a thick layer of clouds.

"It's about to rain any second."

"I only need one camera and a walkie-talkie. Please, Josh. I'll be careful. I promise." I say, staring directly into his eyes. He sighs and tosses me the radio.

"You break it to Jason."

I smirk. Jason was a big softie inside. I could get him. I clicked the side of the radio.

"Yo, Jay."

"Jay and Grant. What's going on?"

"We're going to be doing isolation." I say, succint with my words. It's quiet on the other end for maybe a minute. Josh gives me a look.

"I don't know, Ave."

"I'll be fine. They guys will only be a few meters away."

"They have to be at least 30 meters away to avoid contamination."

"That's fine. I'll have a mini DV with me and a radio just in case. They can watch me from where they are on the receiving end of the video line."

I hear Jason sigh.

"I want you in contact. Only a twenty minute session for you."

"Aww, but Jay--"

"No buts. Now let me talk to Josh or Tango."

"Go easy on them."

"I'll try." He chuckles. I toss the radio to Josh, who answers it. I walk away to get things set up.

In isolation sessions, we have one person stay or sit in an area where they are completely alone and far away from the others. The others usually monitor but can't just jump in. I set up a mini DV on top of a dilapidated wall of the castle. Josh waves me over.

"I'm going first. Then Dave. Then you. Sound good?"

"No."

"I thought so." He smiled. We finished up the small base 30 meters away and Josh headed off.

"Alrings, Wish me luck."

It feels like forever that he's up there. I'm kind of nervous for him, actually. He doesn't move much on the camera either. He eventually sits down a few meters from the camera.I grab the radio after a quiet 15 minutes.

"What's going on up there?" I whisper.

"Not much of anything, Ave. I've got the creeps but nothing is poking out at me."

"Look." Dave points to the screen. I look up.

"What?"

"A shadow." He rewinds the tape a bit. I'm nervous not monitoring Josh, but look anyway. And yep, there's a shadow.

"Josh, we saw a shadow on the wall behind you. There's no one in the area right?"

"I'll go look."

I quickly add:

"Be careful. This hill has some steep dropoffs. Stay close to the rubble."

"I will." he whispers. He gets out of camera view for a minute or so. He comes back and radios:"Nothing."

"Well, why don't you head on back. Your time is about up."

"Will do."

It takes him 5 minutes to walk here and the distance makes me nervous. Once all are well and accounted for, Dave heads out, taking an EVP recorder with him. We tell him to be careful. I realiize I'm next. I'm both nervous and terrified.

"How was it up there?"

"It was a long half hour. Be glad you only have 20 minutes." He sighs.

"I'm sort of scared." My whisper comes barely audibly. He looks over at me, then to the camera men, and then back to me, keeping his voice very low.

"You can back out if you want."

"I'll be okay. I mean, I came here for the thrill right...?" I chuckle nervously as I touch my necklace. The metal is cool on the exposed patch of my skin. He looks at it as I touch it.

"What is that?" He asks. I don't know whether to smile or cry.

"A really good friend gave it to me a long time ago." I whisper holding it in my fingers and looking down. "I was scared about something. Whenever I touch it, it sort of reminds me of him in a weird way. And I feel safe."

He looks out into the field, probably unsure of what to say.

"I'm sorry." He whispers softly. I didn't even have to tell him anything. I wonder what else he can figure out.

"It's okay. It was a long time ago."I whisper. I almost feel a tear come to my eyes. Josh puts a hand on my forearm. I smile weakly at him, and slide my hand into his. It feels so much like Jonah's. I feel so vulnerable when Dave radios in.\

"I'm not getting anything at all up here." I slip my hand away, and check the time.

"You have about two minutes left. Your call." I whisper.

"I'll come back down now I think. There's no point in taking up time for nothing." He mumbles back.

I get up and take off my coat. It feels warmer, but not warm so I take off my green hoodie as well and replace it with a black one that's a bit thicker. Dave hands me his recorder and the radio. I smile slightly.

"I'll only be 20 minutes."

"Call in if you see or feel anything. I don't want to risk Jay skinning me for you not being careful enough." Dave mumbles pointing his finger at my jokingly. I roll my eyes and begin to walk.

"Be careful." I hear Josh say. I hold up a hand and laugh a bit as I make my way up to the castle.

When I get there, the energy changes dramatically. I sit on the grass across from the mini DV that's still propped up and going. I click on the record button on the recorder and begin.

"Ava in the ruins, Isolation session." The entire energy in the area was so malcious-feeling. It made my hair stand on end.

"Hello,"I start, trying to sound friendly,"My name is Ava. I'm not here to hurt you. I just want to ask you a few questions, okay?" It takes a long 10 seconds until I hear a knock. I swivel my head hard to the right, seeing that It must have came from the wall beside me. I shiver.

"What's going on, Ave?" Dave comes over the radio.

"I heard a knock."

"Already?"

"Yeah," I sigh,"I think it may have been rubble just falling though--" Another knock, this time louder. "Oh, wait. Another one. This was louder."

"EVP session?"

"Recording."

"Copy." He says. I sigh and begin shooting off questions.

"Is there someone here with me?" I felt something touch my head and I jumped.

"You okay?" Josh came quickly from the radio.

"I'm fine,"I laugh to myself, looking up at the sky,"It's only rain." I don't pull my hood up though because I need my perreferal vision.

"Just be careful."

"I am." I sigh. I put down the radio. Suddenly the whole right side of my body tingles. It's like when you were a kid and you thought you saw a monster in the corner of your room. You feel like someone's eyes are burning into you. That's how I felt in the most literal sense. Then it comes from my left as well. I exhale, sort of shell-shocked because it came so quick.

"Calista..." A voice hisses from my right. I snap my head in that direction. Nothing is there, but something is there. I can't see it but something is there.

"Who?"

"You." from my left.

"Do you need me to help you--"

"Don't you remember? " From my right. I can't believe this is a conversation. The voices don't seem out loud, they seem in my head.

"No." I whisper. The right chuckles.

"Oh, but of course you do." Comes the left.

"Ava, what's going on?" Josh sounds extremely uneasy.

I am scared but my ego is too big to radio in. I reach for my necklace and grip it hard.

"He can't save you." The right hisses, angry sounding.

A chill came over me and the skin on the right side of my body crawled inceassantly. I close my eyes and refuse to look.

"Ave." Josh's voice rose from the walkie-talkie. I said nothing.

"What do you feel?" Josh's voice came again.

"Don't tell them." The voice on my right hissed.

"No, tell them. I want to watch them cringe." A voice came form my left.

"I feel something. I'm hearing--" I started. I began to reach for the walkie-talkie when it was swiped from my hand and across the room.

"I said don't tell them you worthless shit!" Came from the right. I shudder.

"Why not?" I challenge. The next voice comes from the left.

"They don't understand. You do."

"Do you want help?" I murmer.

"No, we want you dead!" The right hisses. It was hard to tell if the voices were male or female, simply because they had no gender.

"Why do you want me dead?" The voices hissed over each other. The only thing I could make out was something in Latin:'Non ante finitum est mortuus es'.

We will not stop until you are dead.

Suddenly it feels like the entire right side of my body is completely covered in insects. They seem to crawl under my skin. It burns. I scratch incessantly at my sides and arm; not itching, but trying to get the insects out. I feel the blood. And a sick part of me loves it.

And I know it's not me loving it. It's that's in me.

"What do you want from me?!" I growl,hunching forward resisting the urge to scratch.

"Ave, tell me what's happening, I want you out of there."I hear Jason's voice. Josh must have called Jason. I feel a tickle all the way down my neck closer to the right side, not down the middle. It's slow and deliberate. Then the tickle errupts into firey pain.

That's all I can remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about the layout guys. i know it's hard to read, I'm working on that. :)